PDA

View Full Version : CFN ranks the all time Heisman winners!

Collier11
12/10/2009, 10:15 AM
http://cfn.scout.com/2/597998.html

rawlingsHOH
12/10/2009, 10:35 AM
74. 1967 Gary Beban, QB UCLA
runner-up: O.J. Simpson, RB USC
The strangest of all Heisman victories, Beban only threw for 1,359 yards with eight touchdown passes and eight interceptions. His one shining moment came on national television completing 16 of 24 passes for 301 yards with two touchdowns and an interception against USC. There was one problem ... UCLA lost thanks to a scintillating performance from Trojan star RB O.J. Simpson. Simpson led his team to the national title thanks to a historic 64-yard touchdown run against the Bruins to finish with 1,543 rushing yards and 16 total touchdowns. Beban did run for 11 scores on the season, but he only gained 227 yards.
Agree on that one.

badger
12/10/2009, 11:18 AM
If Snyder didn't put a ransom on JW's knees, he would have finished that comeback season the way he was supposed to. :mad:

SoonerAtKU
12/10/2009, 11:57 AM
It wasn't his knees, though, was it? Hand and foot, if I recall.

sooneron
12/10/2009, 11:59 AM
Danny Wuerffel? Uh, no.

goingoneight
12/10/2009, 12:18 PM
Where's Bobby Reid on that list? Zac Robinson? No? Dez Bryant? :D

sooneron
12/10/2009, 01:34 PM

Well they do have #1 on that list. Don't be so aggy.

badger
12/10/2009, 02:17 PM
Well they do have #1 on that list. Don't be so aggy.

Agg-ree :D

They also don't have 50 national championships. Hahahahahahahahah!

;)

AlbqSooner
12/10/2009, 10:19 PM
It wasn't his knees, though, was it? Hand and foot, if I recall.

Elbow IIRC

bluedogok
12/10/2009, 10:24 PM
Right next to Ron Pawlus and Jimmy Clausen....

Leroy Lizard
12/10/2009, 10:33 PM
Amazing. Notre Dame players grab 7 of the bottom 17.

Judge Smails
12/11/2009, 12:36 AM
Eric Crouch - 3rd from bottom

SteelClip49
12/11/2009, 12:36 PM
I am confused....

The Heisman is for the Most Outstanding Player in College Football...for the entire season. But it seems that CFN is basing a lot of the winners on just one game or one play no matter the time of the season.

CFN basically says JW will mostly be remembered for the end of season collapse yet he did guide OU to the NC game.

TimBow wins the Heisman in between NC years and that team would go onto lose the Capital One Bowl to a team that lost to Appy State. How is a 9-4 season viewed more highly as a 12-2 NC loss season?

Eric Crouch gets disrespected way too much and deserves a lot more praise. The dude could run quickly and deserved his trophy. Despite the loss to Colorado late, they continued to be worthy down the stretch unlike Grossman and Florida. Jason White could run just as well before his injuries and people don't seem to remember that.

Yes this is obvious but clearly "people" and "experts" only choose what they want to believe and see.

I guess you could say the voters got it right based on the 2004 result but the Heisman is for the best player in college football for the regular season. Leinart's numbers weren't all that impressive. Their defense was more of the show but Leinart really didn't have one game where he was shown as the clear winner in the regular season. If you want to base it on just one game then Adrian Peterson is the one who is better represented with his 220+ yards rushing on Texas who would later win out and become Rose Bowl Champions. Yes, AD scored no TDs but he got them the necessary yardage to set up enough opportunities to beat Texas.

I like how in 2003 people felt that Fitzgerald was the clear winner considering OU's performance in the CCG was beyond bad and most voters had already casted their vote before the game was over. DESPITE the 28 point loss, White threw for 300 yards and a TD pass in a 28 point loss. Fitzgerald only gathered 27 receiving yards in a loss to Miami. Sorry people...27 yards late in the season will not get it done.

SouthFortySooner
12/11/2009, 02:33 PM
The real story would be how many of them were white ya'know.

Collier11
12/11/2009, 02:50 PM
I am confused....

The Heisman is for the Most Outstanding Player in College Football...for the entire season. But it seems that CFN is basing a lot of the winners on just one game or one play no matter the time of the season.

CFN basically says JW will mostly be remembered for the end of season collapse yet he did guide OU to the NC game.

TimBow wins the Heisman in between NC years and that team would go onto lose the Capital One Bowl to a team that lost to Appy State. How is a 9-4 season viewed more highly as a 12-2 NC loss season?

JW had two horrible games to end the season, Tebow played great that entire season

Eric Crouch gets disrespected way too much and deserves a lot more praise. The dude could run quickly and deserved his trophy. Despite the loss to Colorado late, they continued to be worthy down the stretch unlike Grossman and Florida. Jason White could run just as well before his injuries and people don't seem to remember that.

Yes this is obvious but clearly "people" and "experts" only choose what they want to believe and see.

I agree, Crouch played well in every game that yr including the Natl title beatdown and the Colorado beatdown

I guess you could say the voters got it right based on the 2004 result but the Heisman is for the best player in college football for the regular season.

Not necessarily true as many voters wait til after the conf title games and many push to have the vote moved to after the bowl games

Leinart's numbers weren't all that impressive. Their defense was more of the show but Leinart really didn't have one game where he was shown as the clear winner in the regular season. If you want to base it on just one game then Adrian Peterson is the one who is better represented with his 220+ yards rushing on Texas who would later win out and become Rose Bowl Champions. Yes, AD scored no TDs but he got them the necessary yardage to set up enough opportunities to beat Texas.

I like how in 2003 people felt that Fitzgerald was the clear winner considering OU's performance in the CCG was beyond bad and most voters had already casted their vote before the game was over. DESPITE the 28 point loss, White threw for 300 yards and a TD pass in a 28 point loss. Fitzgerald only gathered 27 receiving yards in a loss to Miami. Sorry people...27 yards late in the season will not get it done.

I agree completely, shoulda been Fitz in 03 and AD in 04, hell JW had a better season in 04 than 03 and finished 3rd...alot of the voters are hipocrites anyway so what can ya do?

badger
12/11/2009, 03:06 PM
The real story would be how many of them were white ya'know.

I realize you're probably joking, but I have read media reports that critique the fact that Heisman winners can vote for the Heisman, when there are previous winners that allegedly will not vote any black players as their No. 1 choice.

rawlingsHOH
12/11/2009, 03:14 PM
I agree completely, shoulda been Fitz in 03 and AD in 04, hell JW had a better season in 04 than 03 and finished 3rd...alot of the voters are hipocrites anyway so what can ya do?
35 TDs and 6 INTs
OR
40 TDs and 8 INTs

I'll take either!

JLEW1818
12/11/2009, 03:22 PM
AD took away from him in 04 too

King Crimson
12/11/2009, 03:28 PM
where's Josh Heupel? oh yeah, that's right....

well, at least they didn't put Charles White ahead of Billy *again*. Ricky Williams, pfft.

bluedogok
12/13/2009, 01:03 PM
Most of the rankings by the pundits (not necessarily this one) are done based on how their pro careers went, which most of them don't get that it is a college award and not a "how well will they do in the pros" award.

StoopTroup
12/13/2009, 01:26 PM
Aggie might have #1 on the list...but we've met him and gotten his autograph on some Lions stuff and when my Wife talked to him about oSu...he really didn't have much to say.

Some how I just get the feeling that he could care less about Stillwater. I know his Dad is an OU Fan.

I found it very weird when it happened.

Leroy Lizard
12/13/2009, 05:58 PM
I realize you're probably joking, but I have read media reports that critique the fact that Heisman winners can vote for the Heisman, when there are previous winners that allegedly will not vote any black players as their No. 1 choice.

I think some media pundits are pulling that out of their ***.

Even if true, there is the possibility that former black Heisman winners are predisposed to vote for fellow blacks.

josh09
12/13/2009, 07:35 PM
Wow 2 guys in the Top 15, not bad!

VA Sooner
12/13/2009, 08:56 PM
If Snyder didn't put a ransom on JW's knees, he would have finished that comeback season the way he was supposed to. :mad:

Damn, Girl! I did a double-take reading this one.

Damned funny... and true!

HolaKyle
12/13/2009, 09:20 PM
I still can't figure out why Troy Smith deserved to win. Darn ESPN...

sooneron
12/13/2009, 09:21 PM
I still can't figure out why Troy Smith deserved to win. Darn ESPN...

I believe you just answered your own question.