PDA

View Full Version : A jobs initiative

swardboy
12/9/2009, 12:15 PM
Got one of those much-forwarded emails that I usually don't even read...just delete. But this one dealt with something that Presidents Hoover, Truman, and Eisenhower all did: Deport illegal aliens to make jobs available for legal citizens. When your unemployment rate is 10%, and millions of jobs are held by undocumented illegals, it becomes a timely topic...regardless of the nature of the jobs involved. I think a lot of Americans could use these jobs to bridge the gap in their lives that this economic morass has created. (Sorry I can't unbold this. I deleted the copy/paste article and wrote my own, but can't overwrite the bold feature).

Hoover: Ordered the deportation of ALL undocumented workers (probably too late to do much good though in my opinion)

Truman: Deported about 2,000,000 to make room for returning WWII soldiers.

Eisenhower: Initiated "Operation Wetback" in order to help both WWII and Korean veterans...seems like about 1,000,000 were deported although I've seen much higher claims made.

Regardless, don't forget to pay your taxes...12,000,000 undocumented workers are depending on you!

yermom
12/9/2009, 08:18 PM
because picking lettuce is just what a guy needs to pay the mortgage on his $500k house

OUHOMER
12/9/2009, 09:02 PM
I know a few illegal's making some good money in the construction business. It aint all lettuce picker ya know. Mostly , but not all.

swardboy
12/9/2009, 10:21 PM
because picking lettuce is just what a guy needs to pay the mortgage on his $500k house

You must have missed the tv report on the guy delivering pizzas to try to keep his ritzy house, I believe in Vegas, maybe Phoenix. He was flying high at a brokerage house before. And yes, the pizza job is the only one he has now...considerably downsized his life, but holding on to the house.

yermom
12/9/2009, 10:29 PM
what is so special about illegals that citizens can't do what they are doing right now?

Condescending Sooner
12/10/2009, 09:58 AM
what is so special about illegals that citizens can't do what they are doing right now?

Work for cash under the table, use a false identity, not report income, and not pay taxes.

yermom
12/10/2009, 10:33 AM
sounds good to me. then i can get food stamps and stuff too ;)