PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Ball!!

PDXsooner
12/9/2009, 12:07 PM
ha ha ha! no wonder autzen is a tough place to win.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/116/289726311_22477abcaf.jpg

JLEW1818
12/9/2009, 12:08 PM
i think there were 2 balls on the field....

The_Red_Patriot
12/9/2009, 12:10 PM
Looks like its time to take the names of the jerseys again.

PDXsooner
12/9/2009, 12:14 PM
i think there were 2 balls on the field....

i was at the game, and for a split second i actually thought that. i thought there was no way the officials could be that clueless. i was wrong.

fortunately, we have replay, so the refs were able to review the play and....oh wait, never mind.

ocsooner
12/9/2009, 12:15 PM
Makes me mad every time I see it.

fadada1
12/9/2009, 12:23 PM
Makes me mad every time I see it.

amen, brotha.

what, exactly, is the ref looking for? and how could he signal "first down" without seeing the ball?

now i'm mad all over again.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mad Dog Madsen
12/9/2009, 12:28 PM
So exactly what is the point of this thread???

KantoSooner
12/9/2009, 12:32 PM
To make sure no one forgets to hate Oregon, the Pac 10, their refs and all their family members. And to wish ill fate upon them.

Merry Effing Christmas.

rawlingsHOH
12/9/2009, 12:33 PM
Looks like its time to take the names of the jerseys again.
I don't think we have any Bomar's on this squad!

swardboy
12/9/2009, 12:57 PM
AP should have stuck the ball under that ref's nose.......

yermom
12/9/2009, 01:23 PM
AP should have stuck the ball under that ref's nose.......

he should have run for the damn endzone :mad:

PDXsooner
12/9/2009, 01:24 PM
To make sure no one forgets to hate Oregon, the Pac 10, their refs and all their family members. And to wish ill fate upon them.

Merry Effing Christmas.

AMEN! Exactly!!!

cvsooner
12/9/2009, 01:29 PM
he should have run for the damn endzone :mad:

This. Draw a lot more attention to the fact that he has the ball.

rainiersooner
12/9/2009, 01:41 PM
Or stuck it somewhere else in the referee's body. "Oh is THIS what you're looking for!!?"

ouduckhunter
12/9/2009, 01:50 PM
I've always wondered why we didn't jump up and down with it too, celebrate excessively, spike it off the ref's head etc!

My blood still boils when I think about this game and the Duck fans!!! :mad:

Bah humbug!

yermom
12/9/2009, 02:02 PM
blood and boil were both words i was about to describe how the end of that game still makes me feel

silverwheels
12/9/2009, 03:40 PM
I just laugh whenever I look back on it now.

colleyvillesooner
12/9/2009, 03:47 PM
I don't.

47straight
12/9/2009, 03:55 PM
This photo should have won a Pulitzer.

OUDoc
12/9/2009, 04:11 PM
I just laugh whenever I look back on it now.

I don't.
Me either. I'm still pissed at the gross incompetence of those Pac-10 ***-clowns.

Jello Biafra
12/9/2009, 04:18 PM
Me either. I'm still pissed at the gross incompetence of those Pac-10 ***-clowns.

maybe we should start a grass roots moevement to make these refs take out malpractice insurance.... ;) and then the refs can get the jinglebells sued off of them for having a school lost a shot at a bigger pay out at the end of the season.

i like it.

OUDoc
12/9/2009, 04:20 PM
Even if the judge ruled against them, they would award the win to themselves.

SPuL
12/9/2009, 05:27 PM
This photo should have won a Pulitzer.

LOL this.

sooneron
12/9/2009, 05:34 PM
I don't think we have any Bomar's on this squad!

No Bomars on that squad either.

Pricetag
12/9/2009, 05:46 PM
David Earl called it "unbridled cheating," and I agree with him.

MamaMia
12/10/2009, 02:28 AM
Its only been 3 years. Every night for a week, I tossed and turned not being able to get Gordon Riese's name out of my head. :(

unbiasedtruth
12/10/2009, 03:15 AM

No worse nor better than the crews we have in the Big XII.

GKeeper316
12/10/2009, 03:17 AM
why you gotta ruin my day???

it was actually going well. was one day away from a 9 day vacation, and now im gonna be pissed off the whole time.

alright, maybe not, but im plenty pissed yo.

sooneredaco
12/10/2009, 07:43 AM
Makes me want to kick the Aflac duck

Sooner70
12/10/2009, 07:54 AM
I do sorta believe Oswald was the lone gunman, but the calls in the last minute of this game make one wonder.....if I remember correctly, there were acutally 3 incorrect calls, all against OU. 1) the onside kick which was ruled incorrectly, 2) OU came up with the ball, and 3) later there was a tipped pass when OU was on offense that was ruled interception which allowed Oregon to get the ball, march down the field & scored.

I also heard there was a powerful Oregon Supporter (Nike guy?) hanging around the replay booth during all this.

It just seemed that the officials (both on field & replay) had blinders on during the last minute of this game and by golly Oregon was going to win no matter what. 3) seems very egregious also. How can a ball change it's trajectory in mid air at the line of scrimmage and not be tipped???....oh well, getting back to the magic bullett theory.

12/10/2009, 08:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSIykYoM260

OUDoc
12/10/2009, 09:20 AM
No worse nor better than the crews we have in the Big XII.
Far, far worse. Our guys are just idiots some times. Those officials were flat-out incompetent at best or paid-off at worst.

soonerborn30
12/10/2009, 09:59 AM
You know, after hearing all this Tim Donaghy (sp?) stuff, I tend to think there was a little more than incompetence going on out there...

Salt City Sooner
12/10/2009, 01:55 PM
One often overlooked stat: There were 3 holding calls in the entire game, all on OU, & all when they were inside the Oregon red zone.

MiccoMacey
12/10/2009, 02:03 PM
Trying to remember...what did it cost the OU team?

Other than falling a few places in some meaningless polls, didn't we go on to win a Conference Championship and play in a BCS bowl game?

I mean, I agree it sucked then and it made me mad back then.

But...now? After the season played out? Did it really cost us anything?

It doesn't bother me any more...it's a bad call that had a huge impact on costing us that game (which we still almost won at the end). But I don't remember it affecting our season afterwards.

PDXsooner
12/10/2009, 03:43 PM
Trying to remember...what did it cost the OU team?

Other than falling a few places in some meaningless polls, didn't we go on to win a Conference Championship and play in a BCS bowl game?

I mean, I agree it sucked then and it made me mad back then.

But...now? After the season played out? Did it really cost us anything?

It doesn't bother me any more...it's a bad call that had a huge impact on costing us that game (which we still almost won at the end). But I don't remember it affecting our season afterwards.

it would have made us a 1-loss team with as much right to play in the NC game as florida. and every time you hear about stoops' record on the road against ranked teams, etc etc etc it's always a game off from the truth. that's about it...

Jello Biafra
12/10/2009, 03:44 PM
it would have made us a 1-loss team with as much right to play in the NC game as florida. and every time you hear about stoops' record on the road against ranked teams, etc etc etc it's always a game off from the truth. that's about it...

plus it started the downward spiral of away games.

plus plus...we would have been ranked higher than florida because of our loss to texas was the first week in october. theirs was the following week.

PDXsooner
12/10/2009, 03:47 PM
and when you're forced to live here and hear duck fans say "we've had michigan, oklahoma, wisconsin and other big names come here and they all get beat" it wouldn't sit very well with you...

mainly because they actually didn't beat us...

MiccoMacey
12/10/2009, 03:51 PM
it would have made us a 1-loss team with as much right to play in the NC game as florida...

Thanks...I had forgotten that point.

It still doesn't bug me near as much as it used to though...and to tell the truth, I'm probably just about out of emotion toward that game/bad calls.

But I grant you your right to still be miffed. :)

rawlingsHOH
12/10/2009, 04:07 PM
and when you're forced to live here and hear duck fans say "we've had michigan, oklahoma, wisconsin and other big names come here and they all get beat" it wouldn't sit very well with you...

mainly because they actually didn't beat us...

One of my best friends played ball at Michigan. He WARNED me in 2004 (when OU was hosting UO) that we were going to get screwed on our return trip. When it finally happened two years later, he said, the Big 10 has been aware of this stuff for years now. It's impossible to get a fair shake out there. They have a 'them against the world' mentality.