Collier11
12/8/2009, 03:29 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4725231

What an idjit

Jello Biafra
12/8/2009, 03:30 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4725231

What an idjit

yeh i read that...kid has been playing the game for what? 10 years???

so now that ive re-read this article, if thats the case, and the clock actually DID hit :00, why did they put another second up there?

stoops the eternal pimp
12/8/2009, 03:31 PM
Colt, meet Donavan McNabb

sooner_kaufy
12/8/2009, 03:32 PM
That play probably lost him the Heisman. What a bone-headed play.

TheUnnamedSooner
12/8/2009, 03:33 PM
To be fair, I thought it would be when the ball crossed the out of bounds line. Like when they punt out of bounds it goes to the spot it went out of bounds, not where it hit something. But to say it stopped when it crossed the 1st down marker? That just doesn't make sense.

Collier11
12/8/2009, 03:34 PM
yeh i read that...kid has been playing the game for what? 10 years???

so now that ive re-read this article, if thats the case, and the clock actually DID hit :00, why did they put another second up there?

The ball hit the ground at 1 second, it then ticked off to zero, the call was still correct

KYHonorarySooner
12/8/2009, 03:36 PM
That rule seem like common-sense to me...

Jello Biafra
12/8/2009, 03:37 PM
To be fair, I thought it would be when the ball crossed the out of bounds line. Like when they punt out of bounds it goes to the spot it went out of bounds, not where it hit something. But to say it stopped when it crossed the 1st down marker? That just doesn't make sense.

[napolean dynamite]gaaaah dont you guys watch football movies? [/napolean dynamite]

anyone see varsity blues? other TEXASS qbs know the rule why wouldnt by gawd colt?

badger
12/8/2009, 03:39 PM
I just saw him on ESPN a minute ago saying that as a quarterback he has an internal clock going in the back of his head and he knew that there should have been one or two seconds on the clock.

He is so full of ****. He can phail-bot the Heisman like Run DMc did a few years ago for the two straight years.

Collier11
12/8/2009, 03:42 PM
but that is before he knew the rule also

badger
12/8/2009, 03:44 PM
but that is before he knew the rule also

Texas' lack of rules understanding is astounding. As Bob Stoops would say about the rules, tell us what they are before the season starts and we'll follow them. As Mack Brown would say about the rules, tell us what they are before the season starts, and we'll whine when they don't work in our favor.

primetime43
12/8/2009, 03:46 PM
and Mack is over there just letting it all happen. There should have been a timeout called before they snapped the ball with less than 10 seconds. Too many things can go wrong.

rawlingsHOH
12/8/2009, 03:51 PM
The ball hit the ground at 1 second, it then ticked off to zero, the call was still correct

Right, but if you added in the human element of stopping the clock, like they do after every other play in games, the clock is at 0.

Luckily, for Texas, they could go back and find the ball first making contact with the turf with 2 tenths of a second remaining.

Hot Rod
12/8/2009, 03:55 PM
I just saw him on ESPN a minute ago saying that as a quarterback he has an internal clock going in the back of his head and he knew that there should have been one or two seconds on the clock.

He is so full of ****. He can phail-bot the Heisman like Run DMc did a few years ago for the two straight years.

He also said after the game that he thought he had the snap off with 15 seconds left. :O

TUSooner
12/8/2009, 03:55 PM
Colt's "explanations" are just as inconsistent and unconvicing as Les's a few weeks ago. Just admit you were clueless and screwed it up !! And in Colty's case, he should admit he was just damn lucky!! At least he got bailed out.

soonerboy
12/8/2009, 04:01 PM
he reminds me of that quarterback on not another teen movie lol

Spanish Sooner
12/8/2009, 04:04 PM
This is the same texas team that in 2007 didn't know that the clock still ran after an offensive penalty and let the clock run down without taking the final snap thinking the clock had stopped.

Collier11
12/8/2009, 04:08 PM
he reminds me of that quarterback on not another teen movie lol

CANE HE PLAY?!

picasso
12/8/2009, 05:04 PM

The ref stops the clock.

Collier11
12/8/2009, 05:18 PM
yes, but in this case they can see when the ball hit the ground which makes it automatically stop, clock issues are reviewed all the time

yermom
12/8/2009, 06:48 PM
yeah, i've seen that happen in lots of NFL games

TXBOOMER
12/8/2009, 07:00 PM
Vince Young may end up with a higher wonderlic test score than Colt. He does remind me of Forrest Gump.

olevetonahill
12/8/2009, 07:13 PM
Ask yerselves this , Did the Whistle Blow After the Clock went to zero ?

If so the PLAY IS NOT REVIEWABLE .

Crucifax Autumn
12/8/2009, 07:24 PM
As far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter. If pony girl is too stupid to pay attention to the clock and situation he didn't deserve to win and damn sure doesn't belong in the MNC game.

Lasagna
12/8/2009, 07:28 PM
CANE HE PLAY?!

He's in a coma.

Collier11
12/8/2009, 08:22 PM
Ask yerselves this , Did the Whistle Blow After the Clock went to zero ?

If so the PLAY IS NOT REVIEWABLE .

wrong old man :D

The second it hits the ground the refs blow the whistle and there is still one second left

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w0GKLUNyoA

OU-HSV
12/8/2009, 08:35 PM
He also said after the game that he thought he had the snap off with 15 seconds left. :O

Exactly. His "internal clock" seems to be losing time each time he's interviewed. It was 15, now it's 11 and he also says there were 2 seconds on the clock when he threw it. To me...if he "knew" there was so much time on the clock left why would he have been so concerned to look at the clock to see that there were "2" seconds left when he threw it.

Whatever Colt...enjoy losing the Heisman to a guy that deserves it more. Suh, Gerhart or Ingram.

AlbqSooner
12/8/2009, 08:45 PM
So, was Colt on the Big XII All Academic Team?

unbiasedtruth
12/8/2009, 08:56 PM

yes, but in this case they can see when the ball hit the ground which makes it automatically stop, clock issues are reviewed all the time

The second it hits the ground the refs blow the whistle and there is still one second left

My question is why weren't the other passes that were thrown out of bounds by Colt and Zac during the game reviewed to adjust the game clock? Why just the last play? You listen or read what walt ??????? head of the Big XII officials has said, that the last play was reviewable because it came at a critical time of the game. So what makes the last play so much more critical than the other 50-60 snaps each team had on offense? The game could have hinged on any number of other plays that weren't reviewed.

Also if you look at the rules for this the only one that can apply says that the only time a play of this nature is reviewable if because of a serious error by an official on the field of play. Tell me a serious error any official made on the field of play? You look at the replay as soon as the ball touches the railing the ref is waving his hands over his head signalling to stop the clock, no error there, is there? so betweeen him and the time keeper a second ticks off the clock. Still no serious error as this has occurred on every pass thrown out of bounds previous in the game.

That is my gripe..... unless you are reviewing the game clock after every pass that is thrown away, out of bounds in the game..... then dont do it on the last play of the game.

TXBOOMER
12/8/2009, 09:02 PM

I didn't bother watching it. There is no proof that isn't doctored audio and video. I still can't believe the kicker made it. I watched pro after pro miss 40 yarders all day Sunday.

soonerboy
12/8/2009, 09:10 PM
He's in a coma.

You're not answering my d*** question!!! Can he play?!

olevetonahill
12/8/2009, 10:06 PM
Oh Ive watched it and I agree there was part of a second left when the ball hit.
My ? was when did the whistle blow ?

Was there still part of a second left ?
Are Plays reviewable after the Whistle blows ?

Other than Neb, Losing I really dont give a **** .:D

JLEW1818
12/8/2009, 10:14 PM
my opinion ... Colt had no ****ing idea how much time was on the clock, after being interviewed, he still had no idea.... it was not till him and Jordan got into bed... until he found out ... "wow i about blew it"

regardless.. say colt does let the clock run down and he calls a timeout... the kicker still kicks the ball from the same spot...... and probably still makes it

jmo

PLaw
12/8/2009, 10:27 PM

Yeah, but is that even a reviewable play by rule? I always thought that the clock stopped when the referee signaled dead ball and the time keeper stops the clock. And, there ain't no way that happens bam, bam at the absolute time the leather hits the turf.

Just sayin'.

BOOMER

Jello Biafra
12/8/2009, 10:51 PM
colthhhhs heisman hopethhh really took a hit...

at 3:30 or so he actually said mccoy becomes the ncaas all time winningest qb evah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vs_I9f5CRs&NR=1

Collier11
12/8/2009, 10:57 PM
I didn't bother watching it. There is no proof that isn't doctored audio and video. I still can't believe the kicker made it. I watched pro after pro miss 40 yarders all day Sunday.

lol, this is the abc coverage, nothing incorrect about it

Collier11
12/8/2009, 10:58 PM
Oh Ive watched it and I agree there was part of a second left when the ball hit.
My ? was when did the whistle blow ?

Was there still part of a second left ?
Are Plays reviewable after the Whistle blows ?

Other than Neb, Losing I really dont give a **** .:D

watch the link I posted, the refs are clearly waving their arms and blowing the whistle at 1 second

Yeah, but is that even a reviewable play by rule? I always thought that the clock stopped when the referee signaled dead ball and the time keeper stops the clock. And, there ain't no way that happens bam, bam at the absolute time the leather hits the turf.

Just sayin'.

BOOMER

Absolutely it is, in CFB every play is reviewable, there are in game clock adjustments made all the time, of course most of them have to be noticed as error or have changed the game as this was

Crucifax Autumn
12/8/2009, 11:26 PM
Absolutely it is, in CFB every play is reviewable, there are in game clock adjustments made all the time, of course most of them have to be noticed as error or have changed the game as this was

Every play is reviewed, watching for circumstances that allow the call to be overturned. While you are technically correct about the 1 second, the real issue is whether this particular incident meets the requirement of "egregious error". That's the only thing really debatable in this. Previous arguments offered in this thread about the other out of bounds passes make a good point about it obviously not being "that big a deal" in the grand scheme. Any argument that the final instance is more important overlook the fact that had time been added on in those cases the time would have remained at the end. Of course in that case Colty McDumbazz woulda just ran around that much longer thinking there were 6 minutes on the clock when the ball was snapped.

For what it's worth, I seriously doubt they would have added the second back on had the tables been turned the other way and it was Nebraska going for the upset.

rawlingsHOH
12/8/2009, 11:36 PM
Though I'd guess 99% of incomplete passes aren't whistled within the tenth of a second the ball touches the turf.

For example, look at this random play, the first one that came up on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuXvxdHk2pM

THAT is how incomplete passes are timed by the officials, 99% of the time.

Collier11
12/8/2009, 11:44 PM
Of course they arent, im sure in the average game there is a lot of incorrectly lost time, unfortunately for Nebraska this is a case where they can and will review it because it directly effects the outcome of the game, it still doesnt change the fact that Mack and Colt nearly screwed up big time because of their idiocy

picasso
12/8/2009, 11:54 PM

Wrong.

II. In the closing minutes of either half, A10 is unable to locate an
open receiver. To conserve time, he throws a forward pass that
is incomplete where no eligible Team A player has a reasonable
opportunity to catch it. RULING: Illegal forward pass. Penalty—
Five yards and loss of down from the spot of the foul. The clock will
start on the ready-for-play signal (Rule 3-3-2-e-15 and 3-4-3).

Collier11
12/8/2009, 11:59 PM
That rule has nothing to do with what Colt did, there was nothing about his pass that was illegal, you guys are going crazy I swear

olevetonahill
12/9/2009, 12:03 AM
Like i said I dont really give a big rats ***.
Hell aint gonna change no matter how much we argue
and sides aint nuthin bout * worth arguing fer er against :cool:

Collier11
12/9/2009, 12:05 AM
Exactly, it is what it is

Crucifax Autumn
12/9/2009, 12:17 AM
True enough, but when several major sports outlets are ALSO saying texass got a big biased break it is worth noting. As for Picasso's comment, I agree...has nothing to do with this situation since it WAS a legal pass since Coltosexual McStupid was outside the tackle box where he had no business being. I'm guessing Pic's reasoning was the last sentence about the clock starting when the ball was set, but unless I'm not remembering right the longhomos called time out anyway.

BoulderSooner79
12/9/2009, 12:31 AM
Watching the game, I didn't even see this as controversial - it was called as I would have expected it to be called with no horn bias. Yes, I think NU and (gasp) OU would have gotten the same call (unless the game was in Oregon). Now if the ball strikes something at the same time as the clock goes to 00 or too close to call and they get another play, then I'd think bias and NU should protest with a legit chance to win. Just didn't happen that way.

picasso
12/9/2009, 12:37 AM
That rule has nothing to do with what Colt did, there was nothing about his pass that was illegal, you guys are going crazy I swear

Agree. I got that off another site and you're right.

My thing is that the ref is the one who stops the clock. This isn't basketball.

rawlingsHOH
12/9/2009, 01:16 AM
I thought Suh was going to block the FG. I really did.

JLEW1818
12/9/2009, 01:32 AM
I thought Suh was going to block the FG. I really did.

as did i..

after he made it.. i kept thinking .. no no no... this didn't happen... :mad:

I probably would have paid 500 bucks for him to block it

olevetonahill
12/9/2009, 08:53 AM
Cry me a river
:texan: s got the call and won
we dint get the fumble recovery and ducks won
**** em

King Crimson
12/9/2009, 08:57 AM
the right call was made on the field. but, if Suh doesn't force McCoy out of the tackle box (as Cru mentions)....who knows what happens. there is nothing in this world that will make me believe that Mack and Colt are running that play as it pans out. it's stupid. they MAY THINK they were in control of that situation, but no way that's the right call to make.

Suh or Crick grabs McCoy's ankle and he falls down (he was sacked 8 times even with UT holding all over the place), game is over. no one takes that risk with 1 TO left.

that's Dan Hawkins dumb.

Crucifax Autumn
12/9/2009, 09:36 AM
No...That's mack brown typical. and as is typical he lucks out and gets te weak call. Doesn't matter much though...They will be losing their next game in a big way.

Collier11
12/9/2009, 09:58 AM
Cry me a river

we dint get the fumble recovery and ducks won
**** em

Im assuming you are referring to the onside kick and we did recover it, that was an all out cheating, screwing, fawking

baja okla
12/9/2009, 10:34 AM
Reading this thread just makes me want to cry. Excuse me while I put on a skirt and have a Teebow moment. Bwwaaaa