PDA

View Full Version : Lets put this Texas thing into proper prospective

MamaMia
12/8/2009, 12:42 PM
No way would Texas even be attending a BCS bowl game if they would of had our schedule and the equivalent of our injuries, not to mention that one extra second added to the clock. Its really that simple. All of these factors were so extreme and just so absolutely bizarre, however they did play a part in how both teams seasons panned out. This was far from your average season, or a season that any intelligent person could deem as a normal. There were so many out of the ordinary ups and downs. Given all the facts, when I hear one of them bragging, they look so foolish to me.

Let them have their day in the sun. No big deal. It will be our turn soon. Thats how these things go. I just hope when we do win out, that we do so with honest talent up against teams who are able to put their real game on the field as opposed to our success happening on the backs of others highly unusual misfortunes.

I'm looking forward to the game between the horns and the Tide. It will interesting to say the least.

BoulderSooner79
12/8/2009, 01:16 PM
People moan about a weak OOC schedule, but it is just a factor with trade-offs. It makes it more likely you will win all your OOC games, but it bites you if you end up tied with another team. It bit UT last year when they lost to TT; had they played a tougher schedule, they probably go to the title game instead of OU. You pay your money and you take your chances. Likewise, we play ranked teams OOC this year, but lose them, so it didn't pay off. I'm not claiming goodness either way. Going to a 12 game schedule, I see most teams adding a cupcake for that extra game as the schedule is starting to become NFL-like grueling. Even with the guaranteed win, the extra game could get some players hurt, so it's not free.

MamaMia
12/8/2009, 01:23 PM
Yeah, a team can get pretty beat up playing tough teams. A friend of ours who is a physician says that playing football in lousy weather makes a big difference in a teams injuries. He did a paper on it when we were in school.

meoveryouxinfinity
12/8/2009, 01:32 PM
i just have this uneasy feeling that Texas is going to win the NC.

I was listening to the last few minutes of the championship game and I knew that, even after Neb scored that FG, Texas would take it down the field. I knew, after the time expired, that it would be reviewed (even though I was only listening to the radio), and I knew, even after sending their kicker out there to kick a 48 yarder, they would make it. I have a pretty strong feeling they will find a way to win, be it with special teams or with Colt McCoy running.

On another note, ROLL TIDE ROLL!

jumperstop
12/8/2009, 01:34 PM
Must been lousy weather inside at Dallas, at the Cotton Bowl, at Miami, at Tech. Now that I think of it this has been one of the best weather seasons in a while. No really hot games and no really cold games.

meoveryouxinfinity
12/8/2009, 01:49 PM
Must been lousy weather inside at Dallas, at the Cotton Bowl, at Miami, at Tech. Now that I think of it this has been one of the best weather seasons in a while. No really hot games and no really cold games.

you obviously didn't go to the monsoon against idaho (u da ho!) state.

MamaMia
12/8/2009, 02:26 PM
I was referencing weather rated injuries in general; the possibility of such, not the injuries related to our particular season. I believe our injuries can be blamed on a lack of ballet in our conditioning routine. :D

prrriiide
12/8/2009, 10:08 PM
Take it a step further:

With the way texass played all year combined with their laugher of an OOC sched, if they don't play Oklahoma the closest they get to Pasadena is during their layover at Bush International in Houston en route to whatever bowl they got into.

Boooom!
12/8/2009, 11:13 PM
Prob is, if the Horns dont win, the BigXII will quickly start to become irrelevant.

This pains me because I will be rooting for the Tide!

Mile High Sooner
12/8/2009, 11:19 PM
They do, have, and always will . . . suck!

How's that for prospective...

the_ouskull
12/8/2009, 11:21 PM
Prob is, if the Horns dont win, the BigXII will quickly start to become irrelevant.

As if, as a Sooner fan, you're somehow required to also be a Big 12 fan. I could give a sh*t if our conference was OU and 11 patsies. (Assuming, of course, that you don't already think of it that way...) We'll be the Boise State, or the TCU bangin' on the door every year.

Winning is all that matters. Winning. If you keep winning, you get your shot. (I hate you, Al Davis - the human Mr. Burns...) Just win, baby.

the_ouskull

kevpks
12/9/2009, 12:22 AM
As if, as a Sooner fan, you're somehow required to also be a Big 12 fan. I could give a sh*t if our conference was OU and 11 patsies. (Assuming, of course, that you don't already think of it that way...) We'll be the Boise State, or the TCU bangin' on the door every year.

Winning is all that matters. Winning. If you keep winning, you get your shot. (I hate you, Al Davis - the human Mr. Burns...) Just win, baby.

the_ouskull

I agree. An undefeated OU plays for the crystal ball every time. A one loss OU gets the nod most years as well. Say what you want about Joe C's scheduling (it ended up being brutal this year) but tough non-conference games and our program's clout move us to the top of the heap no matter how much the BCS tinkers with the equation.

Jacie
12/9/2009, 01:39 PM
Another part of the perspective, there are five undefeated teams this year and possibly three after the bowl games. It isn't like the whorns were the only ones to do it this year and it seems like some of those teams had to beat someone else who was really good. Credit to sa*et for beating two pretty decent defenses, albeit neither without a corresponding good offense to make it interesting.

Jello Biafra
12/9/2009, 02:20 PM

the_ouskull

skull=me with better punctuation skills ;) phuncka buncha "BIG XII...BIG XII...BIG XII"

AKSooner
12/9/2009, 03:56 PM
[QUOTE=meoveryouxinfinity;2788171]i just have this uneasy feeling that Texas is going to win the NC.QUOTE]

I think they'll feel the pressure Florida did, and will come out a touch tentative. Alambama jumps on that and never looks back!