PDA

View Full Version : James Harden

Ton Loc
12/8/2009, 09:44 AM
Seriously exceeding all expectations. I would like to take back any and all negative things I said about him when we drafted him.

Career High in points last night.
Awesome off the bench. Actually provides a "spark."
Defense is good for a rookie.
Way more athletic than I thought. The guy has some great smart drives to the basket.

Plus - He's got an AWESOME beard. :D

OUbasketball4life
12/8/2009, 10:02 AM
The kid is a good player I like that Brooks is bringing him off the bench, although I think he is capable of being a starter, he does in fact provide that spark off the bench. I would dare to say that sometime in Jan. or Feb. he will be starting, he has improved a lot on the defense end and offense seems to come natural for him. He still holds the ball and dribbles a little too much wasting a lot of shot clock but that's something he will grow out of.

kbsooner21
12/8/2009, 04:22 PM
I like him coming off the bench. The only person you could sit him for would be Sefolosha and I loooooove his D way too much to sit him on the bench. He's the best defender in the league so far this season.

starrca23
12/8/2009, 04:58 PM
Gonna be a solid player for a long time. Think D. Fisher to Durant's Kobe.

Soonerus
12/8/2009, 05:01 PM
I bet he starts before the season is over....

kbsooner21
12/9/2009, 11:12 AM
I bet he starts before the season is over....

Who do you put on the bench?

starclassic tama
12/10/2009, 01:54 PM
thabo sure ain't going to the bench unless he gets hurt... but harden looks like a future stud.

kbsooner21
12/10/2009, 01:57 PM
thabo sure ain't going to the bench unless he gets hurt... but harden looks like a future stud.

I concur

the_ouskull
12/10/2009, 02:02 PM
That's the rub. If you bench Thabo, then we're missing out on his defensive intensity early in the game, usually on the other team's best wing player. But, on the other hand, a (very) small lineup of Westbrook, Harden, Thabo, Durant, and Green (or Ibaka?) wouldn't hurt us too badly because Durant can assume (or try to) more rebounding responsibilities, and Westbrook is already a good rebounder for his size and position. Besides, we wouldn't be using this lineup to crash the boards, we'd be using it to run.

So, against smaller teams (think Warriors...) that would be a good starting lineup. Otherwise, let Harden be the rookie and figure out the rest in the off-season. For all we know, the kid's gonna grow another 5" and become our starting 4, benching Green, who is the ultimate "come-off-the-bench" guy.

the_ouskull