View Full Version : Oklahoma opens as a 9.5 favorite over Stanford

JLEW1818
12/8/2009, 01:08 AM
over/under 56

thoughts?

http://www.madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php

soonerboy
12/8/2009, 01:14 AM
Egh...might be a little high considering gerhart, but then again aren't they out a starting qb? Im not sure how they're defense is either, I'm guessing they're not too shabby.

starclassic tama
12/8/2009, 01:14 AM
OU and the under

26-14

sooner59
12/8/2009, 01:31 AM
OU and the under

26-14

That's what I thought as well.....OU and the under.

I don't see our offense being on fire away from Norman. But Stanford hasn't seen a defense like this all year.

I'm going to say: OU wins 27-16.

boomersooner28
12/8/2009, 01:54 AM
Oddsmakers know this game is NOT in Norman, right? :D

9.5 seems high.

sooner59
12/8/2009, 01:59 AM
Don't count Stanford out. They are smarter than we realize.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20091207/sc_nm/us_battery_paper

SoonerLB
12/8/2009, 02:01 AM
Oddsmakers know this game is NOT in Norman, right? :D

9.5 seems high.

I agree, but with Stanford having a QB issue, and a possible coaching issue, you never know.

Crucifax Autumn
12/8/2009, 02:09 AM
The under is as sure a bet as I've seen all year.

GottaHavePride
12/8/2009, 02:23 AM
Yeah, this game's gonna end 3-2. Take the under.

yankee
12/8/2009, 03:35 AM
if tavita pritchard starts, then i like our chances that much better. luck may only be a RS freshman, but he's been the effective game manager stanford has needed the last couple of years, and he'll be a top 10 draft pick by the time he's done in college. pritchard is very INT prone. this is the best news i've heard since we got this bowl. outstanding.

AlbqSooner
12/8/2009, 06:53 AM
Stanford pass defense is suspect at best.

SoonerJack
12/8/2009, 08:43 AM
Stanford pass defense is suspect at best.
And our pass offense (away from Norman) is suspect at best.

KantoSooner
12/8/2009, 09:36 AM
My God the over/under is high. their o has taken a bit of a hit with the qb thing and our d is the best they've seen all year.....and our o can't score points away from home.

sooneredaco
12/8/2009, 09:42 AM
I agree, but with Stanford having a QB issue, and a possible coaching issue, you never know.

Yea but we have a QB issue everytime we go on the road this year. I also heard that Bob is already in South Bend decorating his office.

Jello Biafra
12/8/2009, 09:43 AM

mmhhhhmmmm and how did that work out against us vs. west virgin?

pat white was suspect and rod just left....

sooneron
12/8/2009, 10:34 AM
I'd take the under and wait for the line to move to the neighborhood of around 7.5-8. If it does.

soonerborn30
12/8/2009, 10:48 AM
Wow. That almost makes me want to break the "never bet on your favorite team" rule and take the under.

Clearly that 9.5 is a direct result of DeMarco Murray actually getting to play in a bowl game. *knocks on wood*

rawlingsHOH
12/8/2009, 11:01 AM
pat white was suspect

?

Jello Biafra
12/8/2009, 11:05 AM
?

his fallopian tubes were bruised or his throwing hand was in a splint or something to do with wether or not he was actually going to be STARTING..

soonermix
12/8/2009, 11:24 AM
heh just hide and watch this game going into triple overtime tied at about 50 each with the under so low

Jello Biafra
12/8/2009, 11:26 AM
o yeh didnt he have a hmmy injury or something?

goingoneight
12/8/2009, 12:06 PM
I view this game happening one of two ways.

One, we learn how to seriously buckle down and win a game. I don't mean out-athlete or out-run someone... I mean win a good ballgame. Something we haven't done in recent years sans Tejas 2007. I know OUr staff isn't incompetent, and I know OUr players have the talent, it's time to put it together. This will be the healthiest we've been since kickoff in Arlington earlier this year. A month to prepare, this is not an OU team that should be thinking to themselves "pfft... Stanford? STANFORD?"
They should view this game as the oppurtunity to save face and help the future of the program, or completely become a laughing stock by laying another egg, this time NOT against elite competition (AKA "BCS").

I honestly don't see Stanford any worse than BYU, Miami, Nebraska or Tech. In fact, they have a glaring advantage in Gerhart that those others (Tejas included) didn't have. A guy who can control and dominate a game. Both QBs have beaten USC before. Pritchard did it against a much better USC team. So I believe the game is still interesting and perhaps even more dangerous if the team thinks they can just punk Pritchard around without Luck in the game.

One month, OL... get yer azzes in shape and show us some promise heading into 2010.
One month, LJ... we've seen you at your best and worst... you know what we need.
One month D... don't fall asleep on these cats.
One month, receiving corps... ummm... get some gorilla glue on those paws.

cvsooner
12/8/2009, 12:46 PM
I don't remember Pat White being suspect for the Fiesta Bowl. Slaton, yes, and in fact he got hurt again during the game. I think the WVU game plan was to contain the run and force White to beat us through the air. It fell apart when a) we didn't contain the run, and b) White threw the ball pretty well.

Salt City Sooner
12/8/2009, 03:16 PM
White had a dislocated thumb that caused him to miss a large portion of the Pitt game. W/O it, they're in all probability playing for the title.

Jello Biafra
12/8/2009, 03:29 PM
White had a dislocated thumb that caused him to miss a large portion of the Pitt game. W/O it, they're in all probability playing for the title.

thhhhaaaaaats what it was on both counts. white missed the previous and slaton had the hamstring...o well, doesnt matter...we didnt stop slaton,white,schmidt,the lil dude, the linebackers, the kicker, the cheerleaders...

rawlingsHOH
12/8/2009, 03:55 PM
thhhhaaaaaats what it was on both counts. white missed the previous and slaton had the hamstring...o well, doesnt matter...we didnt stop slaton,white,schmidt,the lil dude, the linebackers, the kicker, the cheerleaders...
Slaton had 2 touches for 0 yards.

The Slaton injury was probably a blessing in disguise for WVU, as it lead to a season high number of carries for Devine. Slaton was very mediocre that season. Devine was superb, almost 9 yards per carry on the year.

soonerboy
12/8/2009, 04:05 PM
the only thing we got going for us is our master ability to win bowl games ;)

JLEW1818
12/12/2009, 04:45 PM
down to 8

VA Sooner
12/12/2009, 05:10 PM
24-13 with defense keeping Gerhart from too many big plays. Will change the odds and projections as we get closer to game time... depending on their starting QB and their coaching situation (still keeping West Virginia fresh in my mind as well).

Playing away from Norman... time to exorcise some demons.

VA Sooner
12/12/2009, 05:12 PM
I view this game happening one of two ways.

One, we learn how to seriously buckle down and win a game. I don't mean out-athlete or out-run someone... I mean win a good ballgame. Something we haven't done in recent years sans Tejas 2007. I know OUr staff isn't incompetent, and I know OUr players have the talent, it's time to put it together. This will be the healthiest we've been since kickoff in Arlington earlier this year. A month to prepare, this is not an OU team that should be thinking to themselves "pfft... Stanford? STANFORD?"
They should view this game as the oppurtunity to save face and help the future of the program, or completely become a laughing stock by laying another egg, this time NOT against elite competition (AKA "BCS").

I honestly don't see Stanford any worse than BYU, Miami, Nebraska or Tech. In fact, they have a glaring advantage in Gerhart that those others (Tejas included) didn't have. A guy who can control and dominate a game. Both QBs have beaten USC before. Pritchard did it against a much better USC team. So I believe the game is still interesting and perhaps even more dangerous if the team thinks they can just punk Pritchard around without Luck in the game.

One month, OL... get yer azzes in shape and show us some promise heading into 2010.
One month, LJ... we've seen you at your best and worst... you know what we need.
One month D... don't fall asleep on these cats.
One month, receiving corps... ummm... get some gorilla glue on those paws.

And having a bowl game in El Paso helps. No beaches, not too many touristy attractions to serve as distractions and last I checked, I see they didn't have a Burlington Coat Factory too close to the stadium.

Practice, focus on the game, come home with a win and then party till spring training/draft.