PDA

View Full Version : #1 rated Juco player to visit this weekend!

adoniijahsooner
12/7/2009, 05:10 PM
WR Dexter Ransom, the teammate of Cam Newton will be visiting with Cam this coming weekend. Rivals has him as the top rated player in JUCO. He has high interest in us, Arizona, and Utah where his qb from last year (Terrence Cain) is playing.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/houston/football/recruiting/player-Dexter-Ransom-90050

NOVSooner
12/8/2009, 09:24 AM
so would this be like a "package deal" or is there any word on that?

rawlingsHOH
12/8/2009, 10:17 AM
The JUCO QB deal kind of interests me. That could potentially leave us with...

JR Newton
SO Jones
FR Allen
RS Bell

That seems like a solid group, in my opninion. Though we've usually only gone with 3 scholarship QBs.

goingoneight
12/18/2009, 05:46 PM
Newton's coming in to compete I would guess. I think Landry got some great experience in, but I agree nobody on offense outside of DeMarco and Broyles set the world on fire and competition needs to be reopened for 2010. Jones should be the big favorite. We're signing an experienced QB to shore up depth since we're losing Sam early.

Curly Bill
12/19/2009, 12:16 AM
I missed the part where Demarco set the world on fire this season. :confused:

yankee
12/19/2009, 02:22 AM

glad i wasn't the only one.

Since71ASooner4Life
12/19/2009, 06:55 AM
glad i wasn't the only one.

first time I agreed with Curly Bill

okiedokie
12/19/2009, 10:58 AM
I actually said that I wasn't impressed with Demarco earlier in the season and have been in the red ever since....awwwww man

misplacedsooner
12/19/2009, 12:01 PM
demarco didnt set the world on fire last year, he is not superman who can run around and through everyone with very little help....he is a very solid back who has breakaway ability but perhaps not like he once had. that said he will get pushed for time from calhoun and miller....anyone think clay and finch can make a run at playing time too??

sooner KB
12/19/2009, 01:45 PM
WR Dexter Ransom, the teammate of Cam Newton will be visiting with Cam this coming weekend. Rivals has him as the top rated player in JUCO. He has high interest in us, Arizona, and Utah where his qb from last year (Terrence Cain) is playing.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/houston/football/recruiting/player-Dexter-Ransom-90050

He's actually listed as the 49th top JUCO player. Close enough though.

Boomer!!
12/19/2009, 02:58 PM
demarco didnt set the world on fire last year, he is not superman who can run around and through everyone with very little help....he is a very solid back who has breakaway ability but perhaps not like he once had. that said he will get pushed for time from calhoun and miller....anyone think clay and finch can make a run at playing time too??

After watching some Roy finch highlights I could see him getting some playing time. That dude is a fast and shifty little back. He is going to be pretty good. I havent watched much of Clay but he looks good to. We have some pretty good depth in the running game which is awesome.

IronHorseSooner
12/19/2009, 03:01 PM
After watching some Roy finch highlights I could see him getting some playing time. That dude is a fast and shifty little back. He is going to be pretty good. I havent watched much of Clay but he looks good to. We have some pretty good depth in the running game which is awesome.

Just as long as KW doesn't run the "smoke draw right into the guards' hind quarters," those guys should be fun to watch.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/19/2009, 03:38 PM
Just as long as KW doesn't run the "smoke draw right into the guards' hind quarters," those guys should be fun to watch.That's good sig material, for someone who needs one.

IronHorseSooner
12/19/2009, 03:50 PM
I'll tell you who Roy Finch resembles, Noel Devine. His game is very similar. I also didn't know that Finch was originally from Oklahoma, and his family moved out that way.

rawlingsHOH
12/20/2009, 03:53 AM
I'll tell you who Roy Finch resembles, Noel Devine. His game is very similar. I also didn't know that Finch was originally from Oklahoma, and his family moved out that way.

Niceville, FL is near Eglin AFB, was that the reason for the move?

rawlingsHOH
12/20/2009, 03:55 AM
Finch's team lost in the Florida state 4A final today. He had 148 yards and a TD, but they got killed.

IronHorseSooner
12/20/2009, 07:43 AM
Niceville, FL is near Eglin AFB, was that the reason for the move?

I forgot about that. His parents could be military.

Finch's team lost in the Florida state 4A final today. He had 148 yards and a TD, but they got killed.

Yeah, he was about the only weapon they had. Also, their opponent, Dwyer, was filled with a bunch of FLA recruits, FWIW.

ratherthanlater
12/20/2009, 05:28 PM
Ransom is commited to Arizona according to rivals. Damn Seth Littrell.

goingoneight
12/21/2009, 01:44 PM

OMG!!! He didn't have 1,000 yards this season!

OMG!!! He didn't have 1,000 yards receiving this season either!

OMG!!! He never returned kicks this year!!!

I guess we should just throw him under the bus.

Curly Bill
12/21/2009, 03:48 PM

Hysterical much? :O :O :O

...and who said throw him under the bus? He had a good season, he did not set the world on fire.

Sorry to offend Mrs. Murray.

Eielson
12/21/2009, 05:15 PM

If he didn't set the world on fire you threw him under the bus?

Mjcpr
12/21/2009, 05:39 PM
I thought he did have a 1,000 yard season this year.

Salt City Sooner
12/21/2009, 07:19 PM
I thought he did have a 1,000 yard season this year.
678. Brown led OU w/ 703.

Mjcpr
12/21/2009, 07:28 PM
They had an article about him in the Tulsa World on Sunday....I must've been looking at his '08 numbers or something.

IronHorseSooner
12/22/2009, 11:05 AM
Stay or leave, we will be fine at RB. Every time we lose a big name RB, we always backfill with a gamer. Remember, Calhoun was the #1 RB in the nation by about half of the recruiting services, and #2 to Scott at CU with the others. Miller is going to be really good, Clay resembles Murray, and Finch is a speedster. Heck, I'm interested to see what Millard will do at FB. He's 6'2", 250, and runs a 4.5!

okiedokie
12/22/2009, 08:50 PM
I had heard that Newton was going to commit to either Sooners or Bulldogs today? any news?

Collier11
12/23/2009, 12:01 AM
Last I heard he said it would be around Christmas but no definitive date

NOVSooner
12/29/2009, 03:24 PM
apparently Cam is keeping everyone on edge and apparently it's not making any folks down here in MS too happy either. seems he may not be making his announcement this thursday after all

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/msu/2009/12/29/report-newton-announcement-delayed/

but we're still in consideration?

boomersooner28
12/29/2009, 05:40 PM
I'm done worrying about this guy. We don't need him. Why do I care?

IronHorseSooner
12/29/2009, 06:11 PM
apparently Cam is keeping everyone on edge and apparently it's not making any folks down here in MS too happy either. seems he may not be making his announcement this thursday after all

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/msu/2009/12/29/report-newton-announcement-delayed/

but we're still in consideration?

Evidently, the MSU folks are about as tired of his act as we are. I was mistaken earlier when I wrote that MSU would be the best place for him. Auburn would be better. Even though one of my best friends/neighbors/groomsmen is an Auburn grad, I dislike them pretty much the same. Chizik and Muschamp, along with Tubberville's whining in 2004, did it for me. As well, they are at odds with OUr 'Bama cohorts. You know, even though he and White would be great talents to get, both seem like immature drama kings.

Collier11
12/29/2009, 09:17 PM
I dont get the 'fans being tired of his act' stuff, who are we to pressure him into a decision. Its one of the biggest decisions of his life and we all get angry because its not convenient to us?

JLEW1818
12/29/2009, 09:32 PM
SCREW THIS GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

misplacedsooner
12/29/2009, 10:26 PM
you wont be saying this if he becomes a sooner...at least id be shocked if you did. i still hope he comes, wheather he starts or not he will be an asset to our team.

SCxxSOONER
12/30/2009, 12:28 AM
Evidently, the MSU folks are about as tired of his act as we are. I was mistaken earlier when I wrote that MSU would be the best place for him. Auburn would be better. Even though one of my best friends/neighbors/groomsmen is an Auburn grad, I dislike them pretty much the same. Chizik and Muschamp, along with Tubberville's whining in 2004, did it for me. As well, they are at odds with OUr 'Bama cohorts. You know, even though he and White would be great talents to get, both seem like immature drama kings.

Its a big decision for these kids, but i get the same feeling about these two guys that you do, I think are both somewhat of a drama king. If you want to play at OU then come if not we will when without you its that simple, I would much rather have kids that wanted to play for OU because they love the university even though they might not be as talented as some of the big name guys.