PDA

View Full Version : Alabama, please DO NOT SPARE THE ROD!!!!

adoniijahsooner
12/7/2009, 04:09 PM
It's a shame when people will not discipline their own children, but that is what we have here in big 12 country. We need you to go out in the backwoods where they make men squeal like a pig, tear yourselves a good switch, pull :texan: pants down, and TEAR THAT *** UP!!! Do you hear me? Beat :texan: until there is no sound coming from his mouth, just those long pauses that mean you done got beat real good.

We have a discipline problem here in our home, and the supernanny with her timeouts and positive reinforcements will not do the trick. We need a southern Big Mama to teach :texan: how to play nice with his 11 brethen.

Here are some of the problems were having. We gave :texan: 2 of the biggest beatings in his life, and the boy still wants to act out. I'm thinking someone outside of the home will do a much better job getting the message across. Here is what we are dealing with....

1.Blaming others
2.Whining when things will don't go his way
3.Failing to brush his teeth
4.Just being plain hard headed

Please take care of this for us, and we would greatly appreciate it.:D Here is some scientific reading that shows what being spoiled can lead to.

“A spoiled child is one who’s demanding, self-centered, and unreasonable,” says Harvey Karp, MD, creator of The Happiest Toddler on the Block DVD and book. He tells WebMD spoiled children may be easier to get along with when they get their way, but giving in to their demands ultimately makes them feel isolated and confused. “There is a seed of discontent that you sow when you allow a child to be spoiled,” he says. “They’ve used so much manipulation to get what they want, they don’t know when someone is genuinely giving to them.”

Giving in to Temper Tantrums
Relenting when your child throws a temper tantrum is an extreme form of rewarding negative behavior. It proves to kids that they can get whatever they want by throwing a fit -- which is not how things work in the real world. “If you throw a temper tantrum as an adult, bad things happen,” Peters points out

TexasLidig8r
12/7/2009, 04:14 PM
abridged version... "Please try to do what we are now incapable of doing."

badger
12/7/2009, 04:15 PM
Further abridged version:
http://i45.tinypic.com/2rduve9.jpg

Jello Biafra
12/7/2009, 04:19 PM
abridged version... "Please try to do what we are now incapable of doing."

really? is that why mack shiits corn every day leading up to the game when the state fair of texas comes to town?

TexasLidig8r
12/7/2009, 04:23 PM
really? is that why mack shiits corn every day leading up to the game when the state fair of texas comes to town?

One would think that the coach on the losing end of 4 of the last 5 games would have far greater issues....

But.. there's that word about which you obviously have so much trouble... "think."

And.. congratulations.... your profanity laced posts are giving insight into you.. as much as your constant references to apparently "unclean women..."

You have even more pity now. Again... additional condolences.

Jello Biafra
12/7/2009, 04:28 PM
One would think that the coach on the losing end of 4 of the last 5 games would have far greater issues....

But.. there's that word about which you obviously have so much trouble... "think."

And.. congratulations.... your profanity laced posts are giving insight into you.. as much as your constant references to apparently "unclean women..."

You have even more pity now. Again... additional condolences.

this is getting old. you pity me? you wear a bowtie on a regular basis and

YOU

PITY

ME....

now explain to me why clappy looks as nervous as if it was his first head coaching performance every time he walks into the cotton bowl. you and i both know that WE have handed him the worst asss whippins (on a national stage) that have ever taken place in the history of the two football teams and he is standing back wondering when the next time it will happen. let tell ya, ole yeller hasnt seen the last of those beat downs yet.

SoonerJack
12/7/2009, 05:06 PM
But seriously, Lid. I want to know how you were feeling after Nebraska kicked that field goal to go ahead and you guys only had 1:40 on the clock and the corn defense had been having its way with your qb all night long. How did you feel?

adoniijahsooner
12/7/2009, 05:12 PM
He felt the same way Mack felt, which was a deep sense of dread and fear.

TexasLidig8r
12/7/2009, 05:14 PM
But seriously, Lid. I want to know how you were feeling after Nebraska kicked that field goal to go ahead and you guys only had 1:40 on the clock and the corn defense had been having its way with your qb all night long. How did you feel?

That the odds were stacked against us.

And yet... I remembered the Fiesta Bowl from last year... the 4th quarters in the Ou game this year and last... and.. that glorious, feeling arose...

Hope.. and hope is a good thing.. maybe the best of things... and no good thing ever dies.

Hope and faith.

StoopTroup
12/7/2009, 05:15 PM
No need to read his delusions IMO.

TexasLidig8r
12/7/2009, 05:19 PM
this is getting old. you pity me? you wear a bowtie on a regular basis and

YOU

PITY

ME....

now explain to me why clappy looks as nervous as if it was his first head coaching performance every time he walks into the cotton bowl. you and i both know that WE have handed him the worst asss whippins (on a national stage) that have ever taken place in the history of the two football teams and he is standing back wondering when the next time it will happen. let tell ya, ole yeller hasnt seen the last of those beat downs yet.

Actually,,, I wear that tie every day to work... in my career, I've had a number of jurors comment that they really like them.

As for the annual game, you may wish to start living in the present than in the past. Stoops has lost his hold over Texas. Your team has lost 4 of the last 5. Your team has repeatedly lost bowl games. Your team has lost in the 4th quarter to Texas.. when heart counts the most.. and your team has lost in a blow out.

The Stoops led team against Texas is like the fading and aged beauty queen winner... living off of her past accomplishments because she has become an afterthought and is no longer relevant.

For you to objectively not see that... for you to blindly bury your head in the same.. for you to naively believe that those years of Stoops reign will return.. is just one more reason.. to pity you.

I don't dislike you Sport... I don't even know you. But to hold the views you have expressed today in this and other threads... in the parochial ways in which you attempt to express yourself... it is to be pitied.

Condolences Jello... my most heartfelt condolences. :(

Bourbon St Sooner
12/7/2009, 05:28 PM
Hey lid, 5 years ago you couldn't get enough of talking about series record, so let me remind you.

Stoops 6
* boy 5

TahoeSOONER
12/7/2009, 05:38 PM
Actually,,, I wear that tie every day to work... in my career, I've had a number of jurors comment that they really like them.

As for the annual game, you may wish to start living in the present than in the past. Stoops has lost his hold over Texas. Your team has lost 4 of the last 5. Your team has repeatedly lost bowl games. Your team has lost in the 4th quarter to Texas.. when heart counts the most.. and your team has lost in a blow out.

The Stoops led team against Texas is like the fading and aged beauty queen winner... living off of her past accomplishments because she has become an afterthought and is no longer relevant.

For you to objectively not see that... for you to blindly bury your head in the same.. for you to naively believe that those years of Stoops reign will return.. is just one more reason.. to pity you.

I don't dislike you Sport... I don't even know you. But to hold the views you have expressed today in this and other threads... in the parochial ways in which you attempt to express yourself... it is to be pitied.

Condolences Jello... my most heartfelt condolences. :(

Stoops hasn't lost anything. Let me first say congrats on your recent title. I appreciate the great rivalry and as much as I hate your horns, a ton, I have that much respect for them and the rivalry they give us. I can look at things objectively and what I see is a tough year for Oklahoma, it happens. I won't list excuses, your team was 3 points better this year, but to say Stoops has lost anything is just wrong. No coach has dominated this conference like he has so when you compare him to an aging beauty queen you make yourself come across like a twit, show some respect, and remember your a guest. Stoops reign has just begun, wait and see.

TexasLidig8r
12/7/2009, 05:55 PM
Stoops hasn't lost anything. Let me first say congrats on your recent title. I appreciate the great rivalry and as much as I hate your horns, a ton, I have that much respect for them and the rivalry they give us. I can look at things objectively and what I see is a tough year for Oklahoma, it happens. I won't list excuses, your team was 3 points better this year, but to say Stoops has lost anything is just wrong. No coach has dominated this conference like he has so when you compare him to an aging beauty queen you make yourself come across like a twit, show some respect, and remember your a guest. Stoops reign has just begun, wait and see.

Most of that was schtick directed at jello.

From an outsider, Stoops appears to have lost a bit of his in game bravado.

Also, the coordinators you have now don't strike fear into anyone.... In the olden days... it was the Mad Pirate.. or the Fat Man.. hell.. even Chuck Long could throw in a wrinkle or two...
On defense, there was the raw meat eating Mike Stoops.. now... well.. Venables...

The facts and record indicates that something is amiss now though... Since that USC game, you have a losing record outside the State of oklahoma. Inexplicable bowl losses...

Granted, this past year is a throw away year for you because of the injuries and yet... huge questions linger going over to next year, specifically, what about the offensive line... Will Jones develop into a great quarterback or a servicable one? Who will step up on defense next year?

I submit that next year is a cross roads year for your program.

Jello Biafra
12/7/2009, 06:26 PM
Most of that was schtick directed at jello.

From an outsider, Stoops appears to have lost a bit of his in game bravado.

Also, the coordinators you have now don't strike fear into anyone.... In the olden days... it was the Mad Pirate.. or the Fat Man.. hell.. even Chuck Long could throw in a wrinkle or two...
On defense, there was the raw meat eating Mike Stoops.. now... well.. Venables...

The facts and record indicates that something is amiss now though... Since that USC game, you have a losing record outside the State of oklahoma. Inexplicable bowl losses...

Granted, this past year is a throw away year for you because of the injuries and yet... huge questions linger going over to next year, specifically, what about the offensive line... Will Jones develop into a great quarterback or a servicable one? Who will step up on defense next year?

I submit that next year is a cross roads year for your program.

nope. it won't be. we'll continue like OU has for a majority of 60+ years. you and i both know that OU will not go away. no matter how bad you keep hoping it will. we are the only ones to keep you in check much like the a and m crew of swc days gone by, we will be there kicking you in your manlove hole reminding you how much we own you...

AlbqSooner
12/7/2009, 10:18 PM

Ah yes Venables. The guy who put together a defense that held your beloved castrated bulls to their second lowest output of the year.

Really a very poor choice of examples on your part counselor.

AzianSooner
12/7/2009, 11:03 PM
It is not class to say these things.

tanjou
12/8/2009, 10:19 AM
Child abuse is always an appropriate analogy for college athletics.

beer4me
12/8/2009, 10:42 AM

While your tooting your whorn. Congrats on your year this year and your 2nd CC in the mack/stoops era.

But while tooting football or all sports for that matter are a matter many times of ebb and flow so ponder this:

Big 12 Conference Championships since 2000 because mack went to fexus in 1998 and Stoops to OU 1999

2000 Oklahoma
2002 Oklahoma
2004 Oklahoma
2005 Texas
2006 Oklahoma
2007 Oklahoma
2008 Oklahoma
2009 Texas

Totals OU 6 fexus 2

2000 OU beats fexus in RRR and wins CC

2002 OU beats fexus in RRR and wins CC

2004 OU beats fexus in RRR and wins CC

2005 fexus beats OU in RRR and wins CC

2006 fexus beats OU but still doesn’t win CC

2007 OU beats fexus in RRR and wins CC

2008 fexus beats OU but still doesn’t win CC

2009 fexus beats OU and wins CC

Translated:

Fexus beat OU in the RRR and won the CC only twice (the only two times fexus won the CC (2005 & 2009)

OU beat fexus in the RRR and won the CC five (5) times

OU lost to fexus in the RRR twice and still won the CC (2006 and that banner year you remember):D

In other words you and all fexus keeps bringing up 4 outta 5 which only tells a small part of the story.

You have sumptn to brag about for 2009 congrats but don't make more out of it than it really is.

This is a flow year for fexus and and ebb year for OU, heck I heard Oklahoma was thinking of opening a hospital wing at Owen stadium because of the business the OU football program alone.

(No I refuse to refer to it as gheylord)

Anyway your ebb will come and our flow will come again. So enjoy this year and go to a fexus board to brag no one here really cares.

TexasLidig8r
12/8/2009, 11:41 AM
In other words you and all fexus keeps bringing up 4 outta 5 which only tells a small part of the story.

First, how cute that you and the vast majority of others on this site think of all these cute little nicknames for Texas. It seems a bit aggy (i.e. gooners, swooners.. etc).. is a bit cliche and trite, but whatever helps I suppose.

You are very correct on this part. 4 out of 5 only tells a small part of the story. Other parts include that the Texas coaching staff was required to upgrade (which we did). The type of recruits brought in under Mack changed a bit. More emphasis was put on the Ou game.

At the same time, the 4 out of 5 reflect a changing of the guard for Ou as well. It is no coincidence that this time frame reflects difficult times and games encountered by Ou since the USC boondoggle. This is shown by your very pedestrian record when you play outside the State of Oklahoma... in your last 30 games, what is Ou... 15 - 15 ? Inexplicable losses in bowl games... the appearance of "giving up" in Lubbock this year.

Again, I believe that for the most part, throw out this past year for your team... injuries decimated you. This does not change the huge issues which existed, and still exist on your offensive line. And, while it was well and good to run up 60 points on your conference opponents last year, perhaps Sam should have been pulled earlier in a few of those games and Landry Jones should have been given game experience especially since Stoops could not have known 100% that Bradford would come back.

Even with all that, as long as you have Stoops, you will be a force to be reckoned with. I believe that our two programs are inexplicably intertwined.. and for the betterment of both of the programs, need to remain that way. Every character needs his foil.... Sherlock Holmes had Professor Moriarity.. God has Satan.. we have Ou.

KantoSooner
12/8/2009, 11:54 AM
Enjoy the Saban azz pounding you all are going to receive in Pasadena. Then you can settle in to enjoy a long winter of pondering life after Colt and Shipley and the others you graduate this year. Your prospects look none too good for the next 13 months or so.
Ours, on the other hand, can only get better. Mind you, the sidewalk would look 'up' to us this year.....

Jello Biafra
12/8/2009, 12:09 PM
You are very correct on this part. 4 out of 5 only tells a small part of the story. Other parts include that the Texas coaching staff was required to upgrade (which we did).
THAT was an upgrade? ok. whatever helps you sleep at night.

The type of recruits brought in under Mack changed a bit. More emphasis was put on the Ou game.

why? are there different types of recruits that match up better to OUR specific team? or our game plans or??? weird just weird. just wait till the late, cold evening in early january to see how that recruiting philosophy helps you out. i've never heard of such a thing. see, i think, (i may be wrong) we recruit the best players for OUR needs not ones that will help us beat one particular foe. whatever though.

At the same time, the 4 out of 5 reflect a changing of the guard for Ou as well. It is no coincidence that this time frame reflects difficult times and games encountered by Ou since the USC boondoggle. This is shown by your very pedestrian record when you play outside the State of Oklahoma... in your last 30 games, what is Ou... 15 - 15 ? Inexplicable losses in bowl games... the appearance of "giving up" in Lubbock this year.
my thoughts are we have been recruiting selfish players that are not team oriented. they seem to be for themselves and couldnt care less about the team. they read their own press clippings and they just expect to step on the field and people fall all around them because of the interlocking OU on the helmet. i suppose it could be worse though. we could be recruiting kids who have nothing better to do than text messaging people at 2am :rolleyes: and running through buildings and getting duis and holding sex and drugs parties for potential big time recruits and such

Again, I believe that for the most part, throw out this past year for your team... injuries decimated you. This does not change the huge issues which existed, and still exist on your offensive line.
bottom line is to be the best you have to prepare like the best and our recruits haven't been doing it. we don't have the time or patience to coddle them, clap at them when they jump off sides and flash those pearly yellows when they screw the pooch. they jump in line and produce from jump street or they hit the bricks.

And, while it was well and good to run up 60 points on your conference opponents last year,
says the man pimping mccoy for the heisman

perhaps Sam should have been pulled earlier in a few of those games and Landry Jones should have been given game experience especially since Stoops could not have known 100% that Bradford would come back.

Even with all that, as long as you have Stoops, you will be a force to be reckoned with. I believe that our two programs are inexplicably intertwined.. and for the betterment of both of the programs, need to remain that way. Every character needs his foil.... Sherlock Holmes had Professor Moriarity.. God has Satan.. we have Ou.

and you are plantkton to our mr crabs...

MamaMia
12/8/2009, 12:18 PM
Can I pay a nickle to soonerfans.com to rate this thread a zero?

...oh wait. Nevermind.

Jello Biafra
12/8/2009, 12:32 PM
Can I pay a nickle to soonerfans.com to rate this thread a zero?

...oh wait. Nevermind.

cmon now mama, there have been several of us jump all over the bowtied one and you didnt like any of it?:eek:

MamaMia
12/8/2009, 01:13 PM
cmon now mama, there have been several of us jump all over the bowtied one and you didnt like any of it?:eek: succs

Bourbon St Sooner
12/8/2009, 02:27 PM
First, how cute that you and the vast majority of others on this site think of all these cute little nicknames for Texas. It seems a bit aggy (i.e. gooners, swooners.. etc).. is a bit cliche and trite, but whatever helps I suppose.

You are very correct on this part. 4 out of 5 only tells a small part of the story. Other parts include that the Texas coaching staff was required to upgrade (which we did). The type of recruits brought in under Mack changed a bit. More emphasis was put on the Ou game.

Again, I believe that for the most part, throw out this past year for your team... injuries decimated you. This does not change the huge issues which existed, and still exist on your offensive line. And, while it was well and good to run up 60 points on your conference opponents last year, perhaps Sam should have been pulled earlier in a few of those games and Landry Jones should have been given game experience especially since Stoops could not have known 100% that Bradford would come back.

And in spite of all of the problems, we've won 3 conference titles since the suc debacle to your 2. Maybe you should should worry about the problems in your own program.

Also, don't come here calling us aggie, when you guys are putting fake championships on your board with asterisks beside them. Even aggie doesn't do that. Maybe you're more like condoms.

prrriiide
12/8/2009, 10:04 PM
Lid, while you're spreading your butt cheeks and depositing your wisdom upon us consider this:

Were it not for OU and the annual game, texass is rarely in the conversation for the BCS CG. Your program's pathetic OOC scheduling, combined with the huge chasm between the BigXII elite and the rest of the league would ensure a trip to Tempe every year, at best. And not for the crystal ball. Throw in the semi-annual choke job in either College Station or Lubbock (or both), and texass is opening presents in San Diego.

All thanks to the Sooners and their success. Without that marquee match-up every October, texass might as well be playing in the WAC.

The way texass played the entire season, if they had not played and beaten Oklahoma, we would be seeing Bama and either Cincy or TCU in Pasadena thanks to Dodd's impotence in securing big-name opponents. You should thank your lucky stars for OU's success and pray for it to continue. Without it, the only way texass sniffs a BCS CG is if they blow everyone out by 30 points. And we all know Slack has too much class to do that. :rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
12/8/2009, 10:14 PM
Without it, the only way texass sniffs a BCS CG is if they blow everyone

MAck tried that last year...Didn't work. :D

TexasLidig8r
12/9/2009, 09:50 AM
Lid, while you're spreading your butt cheeks and depositing your wisdom upon us consider this:

Were it not for OU and the annual game, texass is rarely in the conversation for the BCS CG.

If we did not play Ou every year, that would mean we would be in a different conference... either the Big 10 or the Pac 10.

Your program's pathetic OOC scheduling,

The OOC was weak this year because Arkie and Utah bagged on us.. we played TCU a few years ago, have upcoming games with Ole Miss, Cal and Minnesota and are in discussions with USC. But, keep buying into the aggy "group think it was said once on soonerfans so it must be true" mindset. :rolleyes:

combined with the huge chasm between the BigXII elite and the rest of the league would ensure a trip to Tempe every year, at best. And not for the crystal ball.

Which would be equally true for Ou as well.

Throw in the semi-annual choke job in either College Station or Lubbock (or both), and texass is opening presents in San Diego.

When was the last time Ou won in Lubbock? We have lost once in College Station this decade. As for San Diego.. wasn't that the LAST bowl game you won?.. oh.. and wouldn't you be ecstatic be there this year instead of.. uh.. now.. what bowl are you in again?

All thanks to the Sooners and their success. Without that marquee match-up every October, texass might as well be playing in the WAC.

So you are saying the Big 8 remnants are nothing but WAC comparable talent? At last, a sooner who admits that pathetic conference from which you came was made up of Ou, the Bugeaters and the 6 dwarfs. As an aside, the Texas brand is the most recognizable in college sports today.

The way texass played the entire season, if they had not played and beaten Oklahoma, we would be seeing Bama and either Cincy or TCU in Pasadena thanks to Dodd's impotence in securing big-name opponents.

If we had not played Ou, that means we would be in a different conference. .. or Ou would have received the death penalty.. which I suppose is more plausible.

You should thank your lucky stars for OU's success and pray for it to continue.

I do. Every giant needs it foil. As stated yesterday, Sherlock Holmes had Professor Moriarity... God has Satan.. we have Ou. Oh... your 5 loss year did not help us this year. Thanks.. Thanks a lot.
Without it, the only way texass sniffs a BCS CG is if they blow everyone out by 30 points. And we all know Slack has too much class to do that. :rolleyes:

Yes.. we could have not try to develop the back ups and then when unforseen circumstances hit, be completely unprepared the next year.

Oh.. and strange isn't it.. that the remainder of college football regards Mack as a great ambassador for the game... except Ou people... hmmm

Anyway... congrats on a winning season this year and uh.. now.. whatever bowl game you are in.

murray1430
12/9/2009, 10:11 AM
He does feel OU as a threat to the whorns or he would not come here to post replies. But, this is why it is fun to read and post on occasion. For the whorns, I suppose the fact that "it is better to be lucky than good" is true when it comes to the whorns.

delhalew
12/9/2009, 10:11 AM
Lid, save your crap about who you TRIED to schedule. Play the games and win the games, then we'll talk.

KantoSooner
12/9/2009, 10:17 AM
Mack Brown 'the great ambassador of the game'?

What on earth are you smoiking? No one outside of Texas ever talks about him or even really knows who he is or who is coaching Texas.

That's not necessarily bad; it's certainly a great step above the d-baggery that is Urban or poster-boy-for-failure that is Weis. But spare us the Mack as Celebrity dealio.

MamaMia
12/9/2009, 10:33 AM
Mack Brown 'the great ambassador of the game'?

What on earth are you smoiking? No one outside of Texas ever talks about him or even really knows who he is or who is coaching Texas.

That's not necessarily bad; it's certainly a great step above the d-baggery that is Urban or poster-boy-for-failure that is Weis. But spare us the Mack as Celebrity dealio.
Kanto, you may already know this since its certainly no secret but for about 2 years straight, you couldn't log onto hornfans.com without seeing at least two threads devoted to the daily trashing of Mack and Vince.

Come on Lid, lets be honest; shall we? :D

KantoSooner
12/9/2009, 10:48 AM
What is this 'hornfans.com' of which you speak? A website? Devoted to fans of the horns? An urban myth, surely. Such a thing defies logic. I certainly wouldn't go to such a place.

Jboozer
12/9/2009, 01:15 PM
I believe that our two programs are inexplicably intertwined..

You're ghey

cantevenbeattech
12/9/2009, 01:39 PM
Play the games and win the games, then we'll talk.

We did.

TexasLidig8r
12/9/2009, 01:45 PM
You're ghey

You're about to play Stanford in.. now.. what bowl are you in again?

If their fans come here for some friendly smack talk, they may communicate with polysyllabic words (that means a whole lot more of letters than what you are used to).

Just warming you up.

Jello Biafra
12/9/2009, 01:49 PM
You're about to play Stanford in.. now.. what bowl are you in again?

If their fans come here for some friendly smack talk, they may communicate with polysyllabic words (that means a whole lot more of letters than what you are used to).

Just warming you up.

hey, SCREW u horn. you can't talk to me that way! im a multi-thousandaire!

fireater
12/9/2009, 05:52 PM
Hello, friends, football fans, etc...I am a Bammer.

A few years ago we played YOU at YOUR home....Remember that? Where do we park the RVs? Your Gov comes out..

Next year you play in our house. Anyone disrespected? No, if you were, it was your fault.

After that game, I talked to a number of you, and at that time, I/we Bama fans asked that your GREAT team 'take care of' a & m...cFraud had jumped ship on us. And legend has it, your band played the Alabama Fight Song in the 4th quarter.
As the fans of your team said, you would. And that, my friends, was the HIGHLIGHT of our season.

With humility inserted, we are going up against a very good football team 1/7/10. Being said, we owe you one.

VA Sooner
12/9/2009, 06:06 PM

I feel the same way about using our backups earlier when the game is in hand. The points were good but as we had, or were supposed to learn from the OU-Texas Tech game in 2007 when Sam got knocked out, having a backup ready to QB would have been paramount for future games... and unfortunately, in the event that a Heisman QB gets knocked out of the first game of the season.

I suppose the argument may be that the defense wasn't quite up to the standards as it is this year... thus the need for keeping Sam in there so the offense could stay ahead.

But I now wonder how much preparation Brantley has gotten this year for next year's season now that Colt McCoy is graduating (thank god). I saw him take snaps in a few games but mostly mop-up time... and he looked pretty good.

Preparation... it's on of the keys for winning on Saturdays. We have had our lapses... regular season and bowl games. Last year's showing in the national championship made me proud... even in a loss, our team did well. I could say the same for Nebraska in the Big 12 CG. Could not say the same for Florida in the SEC championship.

When the 13-0 BCS teams meet in January, I'm sure both teams will be well-prepared. Muschamp and Davis will have their hands full... and so will Saban and whoever is on his staff (names escape me).

I'm intrigued by this match-up.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/10/2009, 12:45 AM
I have yet to see a game in a very long time, maybe ever, where the officials didn't screw the whorns' opponents. Until that changes, I don't really consider the whorns winners of any sort of championships, let alone any recent RRS games.

TexasLidig8r
12/10/2009, 09:04 AM
I have yet to see a game in a very long time, maybe ever, where the officials didn't screw the whorns' opponents. Until that changes, I don't really consider the whorns winners of any sort of championships, let alone any recent RRS games.

That's because we pay off the officials through funds generated from remainder trusts organized by Bernie Madoff.

With these same funds, we also pay off conference commissioners, television network executives, bowl officials and Tiger Woods' mistresses.

KantoSooner
12/10/2009, 10:18 AM
Ah! So THAT'S how it's done. And here I thought it was all smoke and mirrors.

TexasLidig8r
12/10/2009, 11:13 AM
Ah! So THAT'S how it's done. And here I thought it was all smoke and mirrors.

No No No... it was just released.

Texas football program generated $87 million in revenue this past year... 20% over the previous year... and is in excess of $20 million over the second school on the list.... Ohio State.

baja okla
12/10/2009, 12:05 PM
And this board has LID :(

Jello Biafra
12/10/2009, 12:11 PM
No No No... it was just released.

Texas football program generated $87 million in revenue this past year... 20% over the previous year... and is in excess of $20 million over the second school on the list.... Ohio State.

you guys make ALL that money and you still dont have enough to hire your own groundskeepers? you and colorado are the only schools i can think of that have to use real live animals to fetilize thier turf....

by the way how much of that 87 million is from the illegals who take your gear back across the border becuase they think texass is " A hole nother cuuntry" ?