PDA

View Full Version : ban mojohorn fan

Jello Biafra
12/7/2009, 01:54 PM
he jacks up every post hes involved in. too bulky, it wont load. vote here asap...

jumperstop
12/7/2009, 02:13 PM
i'm cool with banning any horn fan...

sooner_born_1960
12/7/2009, 02:19 PM
i'm cool with banning any horn fan...
fixed.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/7/2009, 02:35 PM
i'm cool with banning all horn fans...

FIXED

A Sooner in Texas
12/7/2009, 02:40 PM
Funny...I haven't seen Lid here to gloat over the Big XII "championship" the whorns won. Lid, you don't want to discuss the amazing gutsiness and finesse your team showed Saturday night? Or how the whorns will dismantle Alabama?

Can't say that I blame you.

MamaMia
12/7/2009, 02:43 PM
Let him stay. He makes me laugh, like that time when he mentioned his I.Q. problem. :pop:

badger
12/7/2009, 02:44 PM
He doesn't hide his whorn-like tendencies. Keep him.

TexasLidig8r
12/7/2009, 03:28 PM
Funny...I haven't seen Lid here to gloat over the Big XII "championship" the whorns won. Lid, you don't want to discuss the amazing gutsiness and finesse your team showed Saturday night? Or how the whorns will dismantle Alabama?

Can't say that I blame you.

Been swamped with work.

But, on to the topics you raise.

1. Nothing to gloat over. I expected Texas to beat Nebraska. Pellini came up with a masterful defensive strategy and KingKongDammit Suh was amazing. Nothing but props to the Bugeaters.

2. Texas found a way to win. Another 4th quarter comeback led by Colt. You can hate him on here all you want, but.. he's a great kid, a great ambassador for UT and college football, has said nothing but complimentary things about your school and Sam.. and he manages to win.

3. As for Bama... the press has already picked Bama to win.. you will excuse us if we don't quite crown them yet. Saban's bowl record is spotty at best and I remember quite clearly the last time we played in Pasadena against a prohibitive favorite. Added to this will be that the pundits will award the Hypesman to Ingram, that for the next month, we will get to hear the talking heads prattle on about the Nebraska game (instead of taking the entire year into account... hey.. Bama.. how was that 12 - 10 win at home over an unranked 5 loss Tennessee team again?)... and it sits very well with me.

Jello Biafra
12/7/2009, 03:32 PM
Been swamped with work.

1. Nothing to gloat over. I expected Texas to beat Nebraska. Pellini came up with a masterful defensive strategy and KingKongDammit Suh was amazing. Nothing but props to the Bugeaters.

2. Texas found a way to win. Another 4th quarterback comeback led by Colt. You can hate him on here all you want, but.. he's a great kid, a great ambassador for UT and college football, has said nothing but complimentary things about your school and Sam.. and he manages to win.

3. As for Bama... the press has already picked Bama to win.. you will excuse us if we don't quite crown them yet. Saban's bowl record is spotty at best and I remember quite clearly the last time we played in Pasadena against a prohibitive favorite. Added to this will be that the pundits will award the Hypesman to Ingram, that for the next month, we will get to hear the talking heads prattle on about the Nebraska game (instead of taking the entire year into account... hey.. Bama.. how was that 12 - 10 win at home over an unranked 5 loss Tennessee team again?)... and it sits very well with me.

im glad youre not hear to gloat. because there is absolutely nothing to gloat over. nebbish had 106 total yards....on the game....
didnt seem to be a comeback. seemed to be a mulligan afforded to you by the state of texas. time runs out and you are given another chance to kick a fg? mmhmmm i call bullshiittee

fadada1
12/7/2009, 03:46 PM
LIES, ALL LIES!!!!!

MeMyself&Me
12/7/2009, 03:55 PM
Been swamped with work.

2. Texas found a way to win. Another 4th quarter comeback led by Colt. You can hate him on here all you want, but.. he's a great kid, a great ambassador for UT and college football, has said nothing but complimentary things about your school and Sam.. and he manages to win.

I dunno, Bama does actually have an impressive win over a highly ranked opponent...

What has Tejas got to compare to that?

TUSooner
12/7/2009, 04:05 PM
Lid, you're OK, but I hope your precious little Pony Boy gets mouthfull after mouthfull of Rose Bowl turf on your team's way to defeat and embarrassment. I can't predict it, unfortunatley, but I do hope for it with all my heart.

Ardmore_Sooner
12/7/2009, 04:15 PM
Led a 4th quarter comeback? Didn't he complete one pass for 10 yards?

TexasLidig8r
12/7/2009, 04:19 PM
Led a 4th quarter comeback? Didn't he complete one pass for 10 yards?

Uh no...

After a HORRIFIC official's call which improperly downed the ball at the one yard line, Colt led Texas on a great drive to the Nebbish 31 yard line where a Bugeater defensive back made a great play and ripped the ball away from our receiver. There was one particular 3rd and 16 pass that Colt was nails on. He also converted a 3rd and 10 from the one yard line on that drive.

The pass to Shipley was spot on and gained 18 yards.. before the penalty.

Jello Biafra
12/7/2009, 04:21 PM
Uh no...

After a HORRIFIC official's call which improperly downed the ball at the one yard line, Colt led Texas on a great drive to the Nebbish 31 yard line where a Bugeater defensive back made a great play and ripped the ball away from our receiver. There was one particular 3rd and 16 pass that Colt was nails on. He also converted a 3rd and 10 from the one yard line on that drive.

shipley equals his brothers keeper...if it wasnt for jordan this year, colt would be selling cars in downtown asstin next.

mojohornfan
12/7/2009, 04:38 PM
^^^^^now why would anyone want to go and do that for?????
I can honestly say as hard as I tried to root for Florida last year, I just couldn't do it. I'm sick and tired of hearing all the sec and PAC 10 crap year in and year out, and this conference needs to win some damn championships or shut the **** up about that arguement. I don't care who anyone cheers for in here, everyone has their reasons and I have mine. I don't hate the sooner players like you guys like to portray that you hate the horn players....why would I??? All the "hatred" stems from the little minds within some of the fan bases.

Collier11
12/7/2009, 04:46 PM
Uh no...

So then, wasnt that a failed drive? I mean no diff than all the horns coming down on SB for the two picks he threw in the title game last year when one went off a receivers hands and one was ripped out of a receivers hands, still a failed drive, no?

JLEW1818
12/7/2009, 04:51 PM
I'm perfectly fine with Alabama winning

I would poke Tebow before i ever wanted the horns to win national title

**** it

Collier11
12/7/2009, 04:54 PM
Bama winning is my pref
Bama winning by 40 is my 2nd pref
shooting myself in the face is my 3rd pref
texas winning is next

TexasLidig8r
12/7/2009, 04:55 PM
So then, wasnt that a failed drive? I mean no diff than all the horns coming down on SB for the two picks he threw in the title game last year when one went off a receivers hands and one was ripped out of a receivers hands, still a failed drive, no?

The issue is not "failed drive." No, the poster to whom I responded said all Colt did was throw one ten yard pass. That opinion was contradicted with facts.

It burned clock... it changed momentum for a bit. and...

Ultimately, Texas prevailed.

JLEW1818
12/7/2009, 04:57 PM
Bama is up to a 6 point fav right now

not that it matters, just saying

StoopTroup
12/7/2009, 05:02 PM
Been swamped with work.

Bet that sucks when things don't go smooth.

http://ingaza.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/flat-tire.jpg

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/7/2009, 05:07 PM
I'm perfectly fine with Alabama winning

I would poke Tebow before i ever wanted the horns to win national title

**** it

^^^THIS!

TahoeSOONER
12/7/2009, 05:23 PM
Bama is up to a 6 point fav right now

not that it matters, just saying

I'd take that all damn day.

I wonder which Bama team is going to show up though. If the team that beat Florida shows up then I'm really gonna enjoy watching those bastard children get rolled up.

mojohornfan
12/7/2009, 05:28 PM
Guys, yall have gotten off topic. The subject is whether or not to ban me! Please stick to the topic of the thread and quit thread****ting.....:D

JLEW1818
12/7/2009, 05:32 PM
I'd take that all damn day.

I wonder which Bama team is going to show up though. If the team that beat Florida shows up then I'm really gonna enjoy watching those bastard children get rolled up.

i just hope that the Bama QB does not **** the bed...

Bourbon St Sooner
12/7/2009, 05:33 PM
Uh no...

A terrific drive? Completing 1 pass is a drive? Really are all of you horns infused with this same sort of propensity to spin a web of **** the same as your coach?

TexasLidig8r
12/7/2009, 06:01 PM
A terrific drive? Completing 1 pass is a drive? Really are all of you horns infused with this same sort of propensity to spin a web of **** the same as your coach?

Ok.. once again.. let's go over this slowwwwwlllllyyyyyyyyy....

On the horrible official's call that put the ball at the one yard line... Colt led Texas on a long drive that burned time on the clock and got us out of a huge hole. He had a number of spot on passes on that drive, including a 12 yard pass (to someone other than Shipley) on 3rd and 10 from the 1 yard line.. and a pass (to someone other than Shipley) on 3rd and 16.

After the Bugeater Kicker kicked it out of bounds, Colt had a very nice throw to Shipley. That one pass did NOT constitute a drive, but a very good play under pressure.

The premise from a sooner poster was that Colt did nothing in the 4th quarter except make one pass. Facts were addressed refuting this position.

Try to keep up next time.

picasso
12/7/2009, 06:26 PM
Nebbish kicks the ball in bounds and there's no fairy tale ending for Roscoe.

sooner59
12/7/2009, 06:30 PM
Colt McCoy:

http://images.chron.com/blogs/longhorns/mccoy_colt_175.jpg

How Texas fans see Colt McCoy:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xPTW54iRfMg/SIkqpOiMGkI/AAAAAAAACPg/yJ-PdbpDXcI/s400/chuck_norris.jpg

MeMyself&Me
12/7/2009, 08:01 PM

On the horrible official's call that put the ball at the one yard line... Colt led Texas on a long drive that burned time on the clock and got us out of a huge hole. He had a number of spot on passes on that drive, including a 12 yard pass (to someone other than Shipley) on 3rd and 10 from the 1 yard line.. and a pass (to someone other than Shipley) on 3rd and 16.

After the Bugeater Kicker kicked it out of bounds, Colt had a very nice throw to Shipley. That one pass did NOT constitute a drive, but a very good play under pressure.

The premise from a sooner poster was that Colt did nothing in the 4th quarter except make one pass. Facts were addressed refuting this position.

I think the context from that poster was the 'come from behind' part.

A Sooner in Texas
12/7/2009, 08:14 PM
Well, it was a MAGNIFICENT come from behind win for Texas, who had to kick a field goal at the last second (thanks to MAGNIFICENT clock management by Colt and Mack) to beat a Nebraska team who had scored only by field goals all night long.

And Lid, I do agree that Colt's a good guy and a good ambassador for the school. Sorry about that Heisman loss - again.

sooneredaco
12/7/2009, 08:23 PM
Guys, yall have gotten off topic. The subject is whether or not to ban me! Please stick to the topic of the thread and quit thread****ting.....:D

Ban! And in case your ask why..... I don't need to give an explanation, your a whorn fan on a sooner fan board. That's reason enough as far as I'm concerned

tulsaoilerfan
12/7/2009, 08:25 PM
I don't have a clue why any horns fan would want to post on here; i sure as hell have no desire to post on burntorangemakesmepuke.com

Collier11
12/7/2009, 11:17 PM

Im still waiting on you to reply to my post about colt not being a Heisman candidate

Landthief 1972
12/7/2009, 11:36 PM
Been swamped with work.

He also can't tell the difference between a game clock and a play clock.

GottaHavePride
12/7/2009, 11:37 PM
I don't have a clue why any horns fan would want to post on here;

Um, because discussion around here is, er, usually more rational tha it is over there.

Oh, and it's more interesting because we tend NOT to ban our rival's fans just on principle. You know, because if you don't have a few people around here to give us someone to argue with it just turns into a giant circle jerk. ;)

TexasLidig8r
12/8/2009, 09:31 AM
Im still waiting on you to reply to my post about colt not being a Heisman candidate

If you remove his statistics for the year, and only base it on one game, then yes, I agree, he is not a Heisman candidate.

Too bad the Hypesman is based primarily on the last game you play.

Having said all that, the Hypesman voters will get caught up in the "Alabama is the best team since the 2005 USC team" and give it to Ingram (whose back up had a better yards per carry average against Florida than Ingram did).

Which is fine with me. Leinart is the only Hypesman winner to win a national championship game since God only knows when.

And I like how we did the last time we played a team with not only one, but two, Hypesman winners especially since the perception by the Texas team was that the true Hypesman winner was quarterbacking UT that game.

OKLA21FAN
12/8/2009, 09:36 AM
He also can't tell the difference between a game clock and a play clock.

I seemed to remember the sooner offense and coaching staff have this very same problem and took a delay penalty inside the BYU 5 yard line. (some say it cost OU the game too) This is a problem at Jerryworld.

just sayin :pop:

Collier11
12/8/2009, 10:00 AM
yes, I agree, he is not a Heisman candidate.

Thats all I needed :D

Seriously though, its about time the Heisman starts going to the best player in the country and not the best player on the best team

For the record I would have given it to Fitzgerald in 03 over White, AD over Leinart, and I do think SB deserved it but I wouldnt have been upset if Colt had won it last yr

Sooner24
12/8/2009, 10:07 AM
Uh no...

Not to mention the two HORRIFIC official's call on uncatchable balls.

As for Colt he didn't even know how much time was left in the game. If not for Suh getting to him as quickly as he did time would have run out as he heaved the ball away to save his life.

Veritas
12/8/2009, 10:21 AM
Look, with respect to officiating, from a diehard Husker fan: we got straight up screwed on that last call. Dr Tom was right, our souls were all sold to Texas when the Big XII was formed. When there is a questionable call, it is going to go Texas' way every single time. There is a pro-Texas agenda within the league, there always has been, and there always will be. Texas fans will deny it, but there is a preponderance of supporting evidence...go back and look at all the close conference games Texas has had...things go their way.

But that game and that drive must be evaluated in context. We kicked the ball out of bounds and gave Texas the 40 yard line. We dragged McCoy's butt buddy down by the back of his pads, putting them just inside field goal range. The Huskers did that, not the refs. We had a narrow margin for error, and we exceeded it.

Roll Tide.

Collier11
12/8/2009, 10:25 AM
^ Agreed and Agreed

TexasLidig8r
12/8/2009, 10:38 AM
Look, with respect to officiating, from a diehard Husker fan: we got straight up screwed on that last call. Dr Tom was right, our souls were all sold to Texas when the Big XII was formed. When there is a questionable call, it is going to go Texas' way every single time. There is a pro-Texas agenda within the league, there always has been, and there always will be. Texas fans will deny it, but there is a preponderance of supporting evidence...go back and look at all the close conference games Texas has had...things go their way.

But that game and that drive must be evaluated in context. We kicked the ball out of bounds and gave Texas the 40 yard line. We dragged McCoy's butt buddy down by the back of his pads, putting them just inside field goal range. The Huskers did that, not the refs. We had a narrow margin for error, and we exceeded it.

Roll Tide.

Oh my God.. stop whining.

Every objective fan, observer, talking head, Brent Mr. Cliche Musberger, anyone with any sort of objectivity, the Cincinnati coach, whose team would have stepped in and played Bama.. said.. there was one second left.. anyone with any objectivity... has said there was clearly one second left when the ball hit the ground. Video review showed there was clearly 1 plus second left when the ball hit the ground.

The calls went both ways throughout the game... the obvious missed block in the back on Antwan Cobb on your punt return setting up a field goal.. the nonreview on the clearly out of bounds interception setting up your second field goal.. .the horrendous call which put the ball at the 1 yard line when the player clearly did not have possession of the ball when his knee was down.

If you want to be pissed at something, be pissed at your coaching staff who immediately after the game, was screaming at the Texas team from the tunnel... and screaming to talk to the head of the officiating crew... screaming about "cheating,"... oh and let's not forget the nice little elbow to the back of Colt McCoy and in your face smirking done by your offensive coordinator when he thought the clock had expired. (which ironically, was his only contribution to the game all night).

Now.. is this the same Dr. Tom who whined about not being able to accept Prop 48 qualifiers or partial qualifiers when the Big XII was formed? And the same Dr. Tom who let Lawrence Phillips play in the championship game after dragging his girlfriend down some stairs? The same Dr. Tom who refused to shake hands with the head of Big XII officiating after the game?

Nebraska fans in general have the reputation of being gracious and classy in victory or defeat. Live up to your school's reputation... not others.

OKLA21FAN
12/8/2009, 10:43 AM
Nebraska fans in general have the reputation of being gracious and classy in victory or defeat. Live up to your school's reputation... not others.

But then again, there are some that consider NU fans the 'most over rated' in all of college football. How soon we forget the 'boo birds' in Lincoln this year and in the past couple as well. But they will most likely still get a free pass even though their fan base as little different from any other top 40 team.

Jello Biafra
12/8/2009, 10:45 AM

Every objective fan, observer, talking head, Brent Mr. Cliche Musberger, anyone with any sort of objectivity, the Cincinnati coach, whose team would have stepped in and played Bama.. said.. there was one second left.. anyone with any objectivity... has said there was clearly one second left when the ball hit the ground. Video review showed there was clearly 1 plus second left when the ball hit the ground.

The calls went both ways throughout the game... the obvious missed block in the back on Antwan Cobb on your punt return setting up a field goal.. the nonreview on the clearly out of bounds interception setting up your second field goal.. .the horrendous call which put the ball at the 1 yard line when the player clearly did not have possession of the ball when his knee was down.

If you want to be pissed at something, be pissed at your coaching staff who immediately after the game, was screaming at the Texas team from the tunnel... and screaming to talk to the head of the officiating crew... screaming about "cheating,"... oh and let's not forget the nice little elbow to the back of Colt McCoy and in your face smirking done by your offensive coordinator when he thought the clock had expired. (which ironically, was his only contribution to the game all night).

Now.. is this the same Dr. Tom who whined about not being able to accept Prop 48 qualifiers or partial qualifiers when the Big XII was formed? And the same Dr. Tom who let Lawrence Phillips play in the championship game after dragging his girlfriend down some stairs? The same Dr. Tom who refused to shake hands with the head of Big XII officiating after the game?

so, answer us this. do you or don't you get MOST of the calls that are questionable?

Veritas
12/8/2009, 10:55 AM
Perhaps I was too vitriolic in my first paragraph; my point was that the correctness of that last call is secondary to the fact that completely idiotic mistakes made by Husker players created a losing situation. We got screwed, but only because we'd already screwed ourselves. Twice.

I'm also stating when the game is on the line and there's a call sitting on a balance that the weight is going to shift in direction of burnt orange. You disagree, and that's cool. Texas is your team and you idealize them as much as I idealize mine.

But in every collegiate sport, "premier" teams get the calls. Watch basketball games with Duke or North Carolina. When there is a call sitting on a fulcrum, the weight will shift their direction. Officials are under a ton of pressure and under pressure to make a snap decisions most humans are going to bias themselves toward the path of least resistance, the one that presents the least threat. That direction, in officiating, is going to be towards whoever is the heavy.

I'm not dogging out your players, your coaches, or your team so don't dog out mine.

Collier11
12/8/2009, 11:18 AM
I think the weight will always shift in favor of the team who will represent the conf in the natl title game

Jello Biafra
12/8/2009, 11:19 AM
I think the weight will always shift in favor of the team who will represent the conf in the natl title game

winner winner, chicken dinner.