PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 Bowl predictions

ndpruitt03
12/7/2009, 01:38 PM
Independence Bowl Texas A&M vs Georgia
I think Georgia destroys A&M. They have more talent, A&M's defense is pretty bad and I think Georgia's defense will hold down A&M enough.

Holiday Bowl Nebraska vs Arizona

This one is tough. Nebraska and Arizona both have solid defense. I'll give Arizona a slight edge because I think their offense can be effective. Which is more than I can say about Nebraska's D, But Nebraska's D could give them points.

Sun Bowl Oklahoma vs Stanford

I'm probably wearing the crimson glasses on this one but Oklahoma will smoke Stanford. Stanford doesn't have their starting QB, they have a probable Heisman Trophy winner in Garhart and he'll have some plays. The closest type of back we played to him is the KSU running back. And Gerhart has a lot of heart too. I love him as a player. Their offensive line is solid also. And they have one OG who has faced some of our guys in practice. But I still love OU's offense to move the ball all day. Our defense is too good to allow them to score enough to win this game. OU by at least 2 TDs.

Texas Bowl Navy vs Missouri

Talk about a clash of styles. A spread run team vs a spread pass team. Missouri has more talent on both sides of the ball and should win easily.

Insight Bowl Minnesota vs Iowa State
First of all Who care? This may be the most unwatchable bowl this year. I'll pick Minnesota only because ISU basically scheduled a bowl this year. They played such an easy schedule that there was no way they weren't going to a bowl this year.

Cotton Bowl Oklahoma State vs Ole Miss

This is interesting because of how impressive Oklahoma State's defense has been. The running back for Ole Miss is really tough and will make plays. OSU really hasn't faced a guy like him. But Snead for Ole Miss is very inconsistent. He could give Oklahoma State some good field position. I think this will be a close one, Oklahoma State wins.

Alamo Bowl Michigan State vs Texas Tech

I'll be rooting for Michigan State, but Tech will win easily. I don't see Michigan State's D slowing Tech down.

National Championship Game Texas vs Alabama

I think Alabama is just completely different physically from what Texas has seen. There's no teams Texas has played that are physical on both sides of the ball like Alabama is. Nebraska's defense is close to as physical as Bama's D is but not as physical. Having to prepare for Bama is going to be nearly impossible for Texas. Especially because they don't have good running backs. However Texas' D will keep them in the game. But the 2 times this year Texas came up against really good physical defenses they were held to 16 and barely 13 points. I don't see Texas scoring above 20.

mehip
12/7/2009, 01:44 PM
But the 2 times this year Texas came up against really good physical defenses they were held to 16 and barely 13 points. I don't see Texas scoring above 20.

Interesting. I remember these predictions being made about our Offense prior to the FL game last season. And, I think they were correct.

homerSimpsonsBrain
12/7/2009, 01:45 PM
Stanford doesn't have their starting QB

I know thats what folks are reporting but Harbaugh seems to be holding out some hope that he plays in the report I read. "Game time decision" was what he said.

jumperstop
12/7/2009, 02:26 PM
I think Saxet has a much better chance of winning they most people want to believe. It's not like Alabama is the God of all teams. Didn't they almost lose to Tenn and Auburn? If the same Bama team that beat FLa and the same Texas team that beat Neb play then Bama wins big, but with over a month until the game you never know.

OUDoc
12/7/2009, 02:34 PM
Texas beat up on a weak Big 12 and an even weaker non-conference schedule. If texas stays within 2 TD's of Bama, I'll give Mack and company all the credit.

Sasakwa
12/7/2009, 04:08 PM
If the same Bama team that beat FLa and the same Texas team that beat Neb play then Bama wins big

But if the Bama that needed to block 2 FGs to beat Tenn shows up they could easily lose.

sooneron
12/7/2009, 04:12 PM
I hate to break it to you, but bama is has gotten better as a team since the tenn game.

sooneron
12/7/2009, 04:21 PM
A&M vs UGa- I think atm has a solid chance here. I Jarrod has a good game in this one. I'll pick the ags by 6

Bugeaters vs zona- I think zona wins this one 17-10

OU vs the trees - depends on Luck. If we execute and Luck plays, we win a tight one, if Luck doesn't play, we win by 10-14

Navy vs. Misery - Mizz may have more talent, but I think Navy has a lot of heart. Mizz BARELY

lOSUr vs. old **** - This depends on which Snead shows up . This one is a coin flip to me. Like their big brother, little brother hasn't exactly set the world on fire in the post season. I'll take orange aggy by 4

Minn vs. ISU - jeebus, this game succs - I guess I'll take the gophers in homage to Bud.

Auto aggy vs. sand aggy - I think teck wins. Leach needs to win some bowl games or his rep is really going to be tarnished.

national title game - bama wins their 354th title

Widescreen
12/7/2009, 05:23 PM
But I still love OU's offense to move the ball all day.

I can see why you'd think that since that's what happened a lot when we played away from Norman this year.

ndpruitt03
12/7/2009, 05:56 PM
I can see why you'd think that since that's what happened a lot when we played away from Norman this year.

You mean like against Kansas? Stanford's defense is not near as good as most of the teams we've played this year. Their offense may be a little better than most of the teams we played.

Widescreen
12/7/2009, 09:03 PM
You mean like against Kansas? Stanford's defense is not near as good as most of the teams we've played this year. Their offense may be a little better than most of the teams we played.

So you're really going to argue Kansas as the example of how great our offense is on the road? Really? The same Kansas that lost their last 7 games? You've convinced me to forget about the other 5 games away from Norman that we sucked donkey balls on offense. Thanks. Given our overall performance on the road this year, I wonder what the most likely outcome for our offense will be in this game.

TXBOOMER
12/7/2009, 09:08 PM
Anything can happen in a football game boys. I'll say the Big 12 will get 2 wins tops. Tech and OU are the best hope I see.

Salt City Sooner
12/7/2009, 09:34 PM
So you're really going to argue Kansas as the example of how great our offense is on the road? Really? The same Kansas that lost their last 7 games? You've convinced me to forget about the other 5 games away from Norman that we sucked donkey balls on offense. Thanks. Given our overall performance on the road this year, I wonder what the most likely outcome for our offense will be in this game.
I think he arguing about the fact that every single defense OU played on the road not named KU (Texas Tech @ #47) is at the very least 38 spots ahead of Stanford's 85th ranked total D. Others were #35 BYU, #25 Miami, #9 NU & #3 Texas. OU certainly deserves their fair share of the blame for their road O woes, but conversely, they also played some darn fine defenses away from home as well.

Zbird
12/7/2009, 10:05 PM
I think he arguing about the fact that every single defense OU played on the road not named KU (Texas Tech @ #47) is at the very least 38 spots ahead of Stanford's 85th ranked total D. Others were #35 BYU, #25 Miami, #9 NU & #3 Texas. OU certainly deserves their fair share of the blame for their road O woes, but conversely, they also played some darn fine defenses away from home as well.

Arising from the Dunes on the Prairie.

the Salthawk speaks.... He SCORES!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely on target.

meoveryouxinfinity
12/7/2009, 10:24 PM
I think Saxet has a much better chance of winning they most people want to believe. It's not like Alabama is the God of all teams. Didn't they almost lose to Tenn and Auburn? If the same Bama team that beat FLa and the same Texas team that beat Neb play then Bama wins big, but with over a month until the game you never know.

PRECISELY. Bowl games are a whole different story. Crazy things happen.

Roll tide!

fadada1
12/7/2009, 10:42 PM
national title game - bama wins their 354th title
dude, don't forget about pre-WWII titles.

ndpruitt03
12/7/2009, 11:44 PM

Exactly Stanford and Kansas' defenses are comparable. We should score a lot on Stanford.