PDA

View Full Version : Stanford QB Out for Sun Bowl vs. OU

cdlbdd
12/7/2009, 01:06 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls09/news/story?id=4721710

Stanford freshman quarterback Andrew Luck is doubtful for the Sun Bowl against Oklahoma on New Year's Eve, ESPN.com has confirmed. Luck underwent surgery to a finger on his right, throwing hand for an injury he sustained during a 45-38 victory over Notre Dame, Stanford's last regular-season game. "He's going to be out of practice at least two to three weeks," Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh told ESPN.com's Ted Miller on Monday. "He's not ruled out of the game, but based on what we know right now, he won't start. "We'll have to see how his finger heals and see what his availability is for the game. It will be a game-week decision," Harbaugh added. The Cardinal have been anchored by running back Toby Gerhart, whose 1,736 rushing yards have put him firmly in the hunt for the Heisman Trophy. Luck started all 12 of Stanford's games this season, leading it to an 8-4 record overall and a 6-3 mark in the Pac-10. The Cardinal finished fourth in the conference standings. Senior Tavita Pritchard would start in Luck's place. "I think they'll rally around him like they always have," Harbaugh said of Pritchard, who has started 19 games in his career, highlighted by a 24-23 victory over then-No. 2 USC in 2007, when the Trojans were 41-point favorites. "Tavita has the complete respect and admiration of this team," Harbaugh said. Harbaugh said the team was still confident of its chances for the El Paso, Texas, bowl game. "This team doesn't make excuses," Harbaugh told ESPN.com. "There's injuries in football."

OKLA21FAN
12/7/2009, 01:07 PM
this is triple greatness

(and by the end of the day, I bet it was re appear a for more times)

Widescreen
12/7/2009, 01:09 PM
I've never understood why people don't at least scan the topics list before starting a new one. Oh well.

cdlbdd
12/7/2009, 01:35 PM
My bad, I got excited.

TXBOOMER
12/7/2009, 02:45 PM
That will even make it worse if they beat us.

soonerboy
12/7/2009, 03:21 PM
ya...but who is their backup? I understand all he has to do is hand off to gerhart but still.

Jello Biafra
12/7/2009, 03:27 PM
ya...but who is their backup? I understand all he has to do is hand off to gerhart but still.

look around in the other 46 threads...im sure you'll see what you're looking for.

BoulderSooner79
12/7/2009, 03:33 PM

Play action pass is a big part of their game. They don't put many receivers downfield and do max protect assuming the run fake will get someone open. If the receivers don't get open, Luck would often run and he was very good at it. He always made critical 1st downs with his legs in the games I watched and he is accurate when he does throw. They tend to throw <20 times/game.

sooner_kaufy
12/7/2009, 04:07 PM
I like our chances a whole lot more with Luck out. I think TG gets his yards and we beat 'em by three scores.

Jello Biafra
12/7/2009, 04:24 PM
I like our chances a whole lot more with Luck out. I think TG gets his yards and we beat 'em by three scores.

i will see how the rest of the month plays out but, im calling it now. with luck out, gerhart gets less than 75.

sooneron
12/7/2009, 04:25 PM
This noob's lack of reading comp feels like bad mojo.