PDA

View Full Version : Clausen going pro

JLEW1818
12/7/2009, 11:01 AM
Jimmy Clausen enrolled at Notre Dame to learn about the NFL. Looks like he's learned enough.

Following the advice of deposed Irish coach Charlie Weis, Clausen has decided to forgo his senior season and enter this April's draft. Rated as perhaps the top quarterback in this year's class, he is believed to be coveted by St. Louis, Cleveland and Washington -- three teams that will conceivably pick in the top 5.

"After the season, in talking to my parents and obviously Coach Weis, I jut feel it's the right time,'' Clausen told ESPN.com Monday before a scheduled 2 p.m. news conference in South Bend. "Coach Weis told me whether he was going to be here or not be here, it was time for me to go. He thought I've improved so much since I came to Notre Dame. So, I'm taking his advice, and I'm going to head out.''

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4721703

rawlingsHOH
12/7/2009, 11:15 AM
I think he'll go pretty high.

yermom
12/7/2009, 11:16 AM
no surprise here. i just don't see a lot of seniors staying if their coach is fired

Harry Beanbag
12/7/2009, 11:31 AM
Hopefully he'll be the buffer between Sam and Cleveland.

JLEW1818
12/7/2009, 12:04 PM
i still got a feeling the Skins will take Bradford

The_Red_Patriot
12/7/2009, 12:07 PM
Jimmy Clausen is sooooooooooooo cool!!!

http://www.notredamesucks.org/clausen.jpg

VA Sooner
12/7/2009, 12:08 PM
Smart to do so. Nothing to gain by staying... except another black eye.

SoonerLB
12/7/2009, 12:28 PM
I'd like to shake the hand of that guy that gave him the black eye. Then I'd ask him why he didn't dot the other one while he was at it. :D

badger
12/7/2009, 12:42 PM
I know Cleveland has had a lot of bad luck, but if Sammie could save that franchise, they would love him forever.

Detroit already seems to be falling in love with Stafford for giving them something, anything to cheer about.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/7/2009, 01:11 PM
Im really doubtful that Cleveland takes a quarterback this year...They already have a Notre Dame Weis pupil in Quinn...I think they'll give Quinn another year, as he has had a pretty decent stretch since his return from the bench....

What they need....Everything else on offense...

My Opinion Matters
12/7/2009, 01:12 PM
I'm starting to think Cleveland goes in a direction other than qb.

My Opinion Matters
12/7/2009, 01:12 PM
Im really doubtful that Cleveland takes a quarterback this year...They already have a Notre Dame Weis pupil in Quinn...I think they'll give Quinn another year, as he has had a pretty decent stretch since his return from the bench....

What they need....Everything else on offense...

Quit stealing my thoughts, jackhole.

fadada1
12/7/2009, 01:22 PM
smart thing to do because he'll get money. i'm not sold on his ability - especially given the superior opponents nd has played the last 3 years. if someone told me they'd give me $4 million/year to suck at what i do.... SOLD!!!!

badger
12/7/2009, 01:24 PM
I'm starting to think Cleveland goes in a direction other than qb.

This would be a good year to get a solid running back. I agree that Cleveland probably has had its fill of Notre Dame QB's, especially after the way Brady held out for top-ten money.

Cleveland: Durr, we didn't draft you in the top ten, though.
Brady's agent: But you SHOULD have!
Cleveland: Durr, we passed on you and took the Wisconsin offensive lineman.
Brady's agent: But you SHOULDN'T have!

:rolleyes: Think we can expect a similar holdout from a kid who expected to win four national championships at Notre Dame while flashing his high school championship rings at his personal press conference?

My Opinion Matters
12/7/2009, 01:28 PM
This would be a good year to get a solid running back. I agree that Cleveland probably has had its fill of Notre Dame QB's, especially after the way Brady held out for top-ten money.

Cleveland: Durr, we didn't draft you in the top ten, though.
Brady's agent: But you SHOULD have!
Cleveland: Durr, we passed on you and took the Wisconsin offensive lineman.
Brady's agent: But you SHOULDN'T have!

:rolleyes: Think we can expect a similar holdout from a kid who expected to win four national championships at Notre Dame while flashing his high school championship rings at his personal press conference?

Who's the most overrated marginal DL prospect from a name program? That'll be Cleveland's guy.

Boomer.....
12/7/2009, 01:41 PM
I don't know why but I don't think he will do much in the NFL. Maybe I'm wrong but I have never been a fan of his. He hasn't done squat until this season.

Maybe I'm just a hater.

BoulderSooner79
12/7/2009, 01:47 PM
ND ran a strange offense with Clausen. I've never seen so many long, rainbow throws. They got mileage out of them because Tate and Floyd were really good and the defenses they faced were really bad. They looked like plays that would be picked 40% of the time in the NFL. But that seemed to be what Clausen was asked to do at ND and it doesn't mean he can't do a lot of other things. I'm guessing Sam and Locker go much higher.

yermom
12/7/2009, 01:58 PM
yeah, i noticed the rainbow prayer throws as well. Golden Taint made him look a lot better than he was IMO

badger
12/7/2009, 02:04 PM
Who's the most overrated marginal DL prospect from a name program? That'll be Cleveland's guy.

If I had to take a wild guess, I'm sure USC has somebody turning pro to get the eff outta there before next year turns out to be even worse for the boys of troy.

budbarrybob
12/7/2009, 04:29 PM
clausen = chrissy

Stitch Face
12/7/2009, 07:21 PM
Jimmy Clausen is sooooooooooooo cool!!!

http://www.notredamesucks.org/clausen.jpg

Man, what I wouldn't give to go boating with Humpty Hump.

tulsaoilerfan
12/7/2009, 08:34 PM
Considering how bad some of the QB's in the NFL are he should be a top 10 pick

soonerinabilene
12/7/2009, 08:46 PM
losing golden tate is going to hurt more, i think. this assures whoever takes over goes 3-9 next year.

sooner94
12/8/2009, 12:34 AM
Of Cleveland, Tampa and St Louis (the 1-win teams), I ony see the Rams taking a QB. Cleveland will still give Brady a chance since he was a first rounder. Although maybe the Browns can pick Claussen and him and Brady can go to the gay bars and "beat up" on the guys like Brady likes to do (kidding of course).

Tampa took the Freeman last year, and he looks like he may have some potential. They won't draft a QB this year.

That leaves the Rams. Below average QB who has been in the league a while, and they drafted a DT last year (Howie Long's kid).

Conclusion: Looks like I will be getting a Rams jersey with Sammy's # on it. And the Rams will be my new fave team (I have given up on the Cowboys because Jerry thinks he knows football, but clearly he does not; and why would I go to a Cowboy game at the prices he is charging when you throw in tickets, parking, food, drink, seat license- bull****).

JLEW1818
12/8/2009, 12:41 AM
losing golden tate is going to hurt more, i think. this assures whoever takes over goes 3-9 next year.

pretty much