PDA

View Full Version : Conversation last night between Ref and Replay official

unbiasedtruth
12/6/2009, 11:30 PM
Ref -- Play is under reveiw walks to the headset.

Ref to replay official -- WTF, did time expire? do you know the chaos this will cause in the BCS if Nebraska wins?. I dont want to be any part of that. Was there anytime left??

Replay official to Ref -- no the whistle wasnt blown until after the game clock read 00:00. The ball did hit the ground with 1 second left though.

Ref to replay official -- good I am going to put 1 second back the game clock so Texas can attempt a field goal.

Replay official to ref -- Good idea, but we haven't reviewed any plays all night where the ball was thrown out-of-bounds to adjust the clock. Can we review this play at all?

Ref to Replay Official -- I dont care we havent or cant reviewed a play like this all night. We are all this one together. The BCS will have our heads on a platter if Nebraska wins this game.

Replay official to ref -- what if the Texas kicker misses the field goal/ What then?

Ref to replay official -- lets hope for our sake he doesnt, but if it looks like it is going ot be missed or is blocked I'll have a signal to the head linesman to signal Nebraska offiside so Texas can have another chance....

Replay official to ref -- good idea move the ball in closer so the 2nd try wont be so hard. What if he misses the 2nd try?

Ref to replay official -- I'll wave off the 2nd try as an official timeout and we will give him a 3rd try.

Replay official to ref -- That will work, surely the Texas kicker can make this field goal if he has 3 tries. What if he doesn't though?

Ref to replay official -- we're screwed, blued and tattooed.....