PDA

View Full Version : Team of the Decade?

landrun
12/6/2009, 11:21 PM
Just sitting wondering who would be considered the best team this decade?

Obviously we've played in more National Championship games than any school (We've played in more NC games than any school in the BCS era) at 4
But we've only one 1.

LSU has played in 2 and won both.
FL has played in 2 and won both.
If Texas wins, they've played in 2 and won both.

We've had 2 heisman winners this decade.
USC has had 3
If Colt wins, Texas has 1

Had we won another national championship game, I think it would be us hands down. It may still be.

But if Texas wins the heisman this year AND the national championship, it might be them.

You could argue it would be USC but I think most objective people reject their AP national championship.

chad
12/6/2009, 11:42 PM
Don't forget conference championships.

This decade:
OU: 6
Texas: 2
USC: 7 (3 were shared)
UF: 3
LSU: 3

Also Ohio St would be mentioned
3 NC games, 1 win
6 conference championships (some shared ?)

SPuL
12/6/2009, 11:55 PM
i think if Texas wins they get it. If not, USC I'd say.

Texas I believe has the most wins out of any program this decade (I think)

JLEW1818
12/7/2009, 12:17 AM
If Bama wins....

its USC

soonervegas
12/7/2009, 12:05 PM
i think if Texas wins they get it. If not, USC I'd say.

Texas I believe has the most wins out of any program this decade (I think)

Agreed 100%. If Texas wins they would have 2 NC's and 4-0 in BCS bowl games.

Otherwise, it is USC with their 1.5 and their 6-1 BCS bowl record.

**Who would have thought half way through this decade Texas would have a shot at team of the decade......crazy business, college football.**

Jello Biafra
12/7/2009, 12:12 PM
stop all this non-sense...

texas WILL lose this game and colt will not win the heisman. their offense is as ugly as a bucket full of dikks and the big XII will be 0-2 vs sec teams in as many years.

frankly, i couldn't care less. we recruit agaisnt texas not bama.

SEC SEC SEC SEC

TrophyCollector
12/7/2009, 12:27 PM
Don't forget conference championships.

This decade:
OU: 6
Texas: 2
USC: 7 (3 were shared)
UF: 3
LSU: 3

Also Ohio St would be mentioned
3 NC games, 1 win
6 conference championships (some shared ?)

For this stat, let's count USC and OSU as 0 and 0 seeing as how they have no championship game. Or at least bump everyone else up to make it even, we would have 8 right (2001 [shared]) and 2003)?

goingoneight
12/7/2009, 12:43 PM
Why do people think Alabama will just steamroll Texas?

Since when has Mack lost a bowl game?

Do we not remember us all laughing thinking they'd get pwned by USC?

They've pwned us in recent years, that IMO qualifies for being good enough. :(

Alabama is only 2 years removed from a 6-6 season, and less than a year removed from getting pwned by a mid-major just like us in a BCS game. Also keep in mind Mack's on like a 13-year streak of winning 10 or more games per season.

Bama has looked average at times this year, just as Tejas has. Think Auburn and Tennessee.

Colt has a knack for making the damndest plays.

Tejas is healthy, never underestimate that for anyone going into the post-season.

There's just as good a chance we have to deal with bandwagon whorn fans after Mack wins his second MNC as there is Mack getting thumped 55-19.

Tebow and UF have been on a good run in recent years, but it's not like Alabama just beat the 85 Bears by three TDs. UF was overrated as well, and it was very evident at many times this year.

Knowing OU's luck this year, I wouldn't just assume anything in regards to our arch rival playing for an MNC. Show me what Bama's done to prove they're gonna just walk all over Tejas. Same could be said vice-versa. This looks like it's gonna be an ugly game, offensively.

Jello Biafra
12/7/2009, 01:20 PM

since texas gave up 9 sacks to a decent (not excellent) defense

Since when has Mack lost a bowl game?

when was the last time he played a GOOD team? USC is not the same usc team that beat us...regardless of them beatin them

Do we not remember us all laughing thinking they'd get pwned by USC?

i do. don't give a fugg. they are a bunch of queers.

They've pwned us in recent years, that IMO qualifies for being good enough. :(

pwned us? meh not so much...see my other kajillion posts on the matter. we play them in norman the last 9 years, we win 8 of them

Alabama is only 2 years removed from a 6-6 season, and less than a year removed from getting pwned by a mid-major just like us in a BCS game. Also keep in mind Mack's on like a 13-year streak of winning 10 or more games per season.

and??? what does this statement have to do with the amount of penis sicem can stuff in his mouth?

Bama has looked average at times this year, just as Tejas has. Think Auburn and Tennessee.
bullshiitt. have you seen HOW MANY times texasss has looked average? think wyoming and (apparently a 7-5 OU)

Colt has a knack for making the damndest plays.

no he doesn't. he throws the ball in shipleys direction. shipley does the rest.

Tejas is healthy, never underestimate that for anyone going into the post-season.
what does this have to do with thier fat asssed conditioning coach?

There's just as good a chance we have to deal with bandwagon whorn fans after Mack wins his second MNC as there is Mack getting thumped 55-19.

Tebow and UF have been on a good run in recent years, but it's not like Alabama just beat the 85 Bears by three TDs. UF was overrated as well, and it was very evident at many times this year.

Knowing OU's luck this year, I wouldn't just assume anything in regards to our arch rival playing for an MNC. Show me what Bama's done to prove they're gonna just walk all over Tejas. Same could be said vice-versa. This looks like it's gonna be an ugly game, offensively.

they have a VERY LARGE physical dline and a very LARGE AND PHYSICAL oline...nothing else will matter in this game. if suh can dominate, wait till bama throws their 350lb slobbering wildebeasts in there. lets not even count the blitzes pony boy will no doubt see.

jumperstop
12/7/2009, 02:45 PM
they have a VERY LARGE physical dline and a very LARGE AND PHYSICAL oline...nothing else will matter in this game. if suh can dominate, wait till bama throws their 350lb slobbering wildebeasts in there. lets not even count the blitzes pony boy will no doubt see.

Go ahead and kid yourself, Texas has a good shot at winning.

josh09
12/7/2009, 03:27 PM
With Florida losing, this question becomes a closer debate. IMO, heres the situation:

If Texas beats Bama, unfortunately Ill have to go with Texas being the team of the decade. Im not sure of the exact number of games theyve now won this decade, but they probably passed us this year. That will give them 2/2 in national titles, and 2/3 in conference titles.

If Bama beats Texas though, its totally different. Id have to give it to USC. I know theyve technically only won 1 NC this decade, but they were extremely powerful in both 2003 and 2005, with 2003 being theyre "other" national title. Plus the 3 Heisman winners. And that win streak from '03-'05 scared me a little, with the challenging of ours.

Jello Biafra
12/7/2009, 03:29 PM
Go ahead and kid yourself, Texas has a good shot at winning.

im not kidding myself. if OU and the bugeaters were able to put a pop knot on texas' head, wait and see what happens in this game. they may have a good shot at winning but they have a better than average shot at being blown the fugg out.

Sasakwa
12/7/2009, 03:56 PM
For this stat, let's count USC and OSU as 0 and 0 seeing as how they have no championship game

At least in the Pac-10 they all play each other, but I agree on the Big 10.

I know LSU counts 2, but seriously, that 2-loss year? Sheesh.

sooneron
12/7/2009, 04:08 PM

This is easy IMO, if bama shows up focused, they win going away. This isn't about mack winning his three bcs games or whatever, it's about matchups.
Texas' O has been painfully average against good defenses. They might be going up against the best D in the country next month. They have no balance to their attack. Bama will load the box with 5 and still get good pressure on Colt. The 5th man being a spy on Colt scrambling.

Texas hasn't seen a balanced attack like bama's. They haven't played a quality every down back like Ingram, either. Not to mention Richardson being more than adequate when Ingram is spelled. Julio Jones will be the best receiver they face this year and Maze & co. don't exactly suck. The game will be close for the first half - something like 14-7, but bama will wear the cows DOWN in the long run and win 31-16 or so.

TUSooner
12/7/2009, 04:53 PM
I've been in contact with someone who is very close to the Decade's inner circle and with whom the Decade confides (confidentially speaking). According to this entity, the Decade doesn't want its name attached to any of those teams and would rather just go without a team in the absence of a team that clearly deserves its endorsement.

JLEW1818
12/7/2009, 04:55 PM
if the decade ended today, its USC

if texas loses to bama.. its usc

if texas wins, its texas

we win 1 of the 3 losses in title games its us

oupride
12/7/2009, 10:02 PM
if the decade ended today, its USC

if texas loses to bama.. its usc

if texas wins, its texas

we win 1 of the 3 losses in title games its us
Just forget about it. You have to WIN to be called the team of the decade. Thanks for the post.

meoveryouxinfinity
12/7/2009, 10:38 PM
Why Alabama will win
1. Julio Jones > Jordan Shipley
2. Nick Saban > Mack Brown
3. Alabama's schedule > Texas's schedule
4. Mark Ingram > Colt McCoy
5. Alabama Defense > Texas Offense
6. Crimson > Burnt orange
7. Bear Bryant > DKR