PDA

View Full Version : Wonder if can get any money for my license plate?

Frozen Sooner
12/6/2009, 10:45 PM
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx293/bamasooner/BEATTX-1.jpg

Think any 'Bama fan might be willing to buy this off me? :D

A Sooner in Texas
12/6/2009, 10:52 PM
Froze, is that really yours? It's just .... beautiful, man.

Frozen Sooner
12/6/2009, 10:54 PM
Yep, that's mine. I've had that as my custom tag since about 2002.

A Sooner in Texas
12/6/2009, 10:56 PM
Aren't you the prescient one. :D
You're going to be very, very popular.

Sooner Eclipse
12/6/2009, 10:58 PM
Prophetic.. and awsome!

bringit
12/7/2009, 12:23 AM
Bama's never beaten TX. Now is the time.

ouduckhunter
12/7/2009, 12:34 AM
That is great!

Sell it, or turn this into a another little money making venture! Let a local radio station know where you're going to be and charge people to have their picture taken next to your car or something like that!! Have some scantily clad Bama cheerleaders hanging around, etc., you'd make a fortune! :D

SoonerShark
12/7/2009, 12:56 AM
Bama's never beaten TX. Now is the time.

After the 1972 season, a cowardly Bear Bryant chose to play Texas in the Cotton Bowl rather than playing 10-1 Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl since he could not win the Sugar Bowl match-up. Texas beat Alabama in an upset. This is a true story. OU went on to defeat Penn State in the Sugar Bowl in Chuck Fairbank's final game as the Sooner coach.

SoonerShark
12/7/2009, 01:07 AM
The Fiesta Bowl is the true national championship game. Neither Texas nor Alabama is that good. If not for a field goal kicker, Alabama would be 10-2 and Texas would be 10-2 or 9-3 this season. (Of course, if 2009 Oklahoma had a field goal kicker it would be 12-1 right now.) If not for an overall weak conference this year Texas would not have won and would have been the fourth best team in last year's Big XII South behind Oklahoma, Tech and OSU, a team Texas barely defeated last year in Austin. Take it to the bank.

SoonerShark
12/7/2009, 01:10 AM
Or as they say in Austin, a bear and a steer can each lick its own balls. A bear can licks its balls since it can bend as needed and a longhorn can lick its balls since the rancher clipped 'em off and they're lying on the ground.

sooner59
12/7/2009, 01:19 AM
The Fiesta Bowl is the true national championship game. Neither Texas nor Alabama is that good. If not for a field goal kicker, Alabama would be 10-2 and Texas would be 10-2 or 9-3 this season. (Of course, if 2009 Oklahoma had a field goal kicker it would be 12-1 right now.) If not for an overall weak conference this year Texas would not have won and would have been the fourth best team in last year's Big XII South behind Oklahoma, Tech and OSU, a team Texas barely defeated last year in Austin. Take it to the bank.

I agree. Funny how you either have year where everybody is good or everybody isn't. Rarely are there just 2 teams that just blow everybody out and play for the title. 2005 was one. Maybe 2002.

AlbqSooner
12/7/2009, 07:13 AM
After the 1972 season, a cowardly Bear Bryant chose to play Texas in the Cotton Bowl rather than playing 10-1 Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl since he could not win the Sugar Bowl match-up. Texas beat Alabama in an upset. This is a true story. OU went on to defeat Penn State in the Sugar Bowl in Chuck Fairbank's final game as the Sooner coach.

I was at that Sugar Bowl game. It was the SECOND Sugar Bowl of 1972. The first was played on New Year's day the Second on New Year's eve.

New Year's eve in New Orleans. Worst hangover I EVER had. No Exceptions, nothing close.:D

Jacie
12/7/2009, 07:22 AM

For you young uns, Tide caught a lot of flack for that decision at the time.

King Barry's Back
12/7/2009, 07:40 AM
The link to said license plate seems to be dysfunctional. If somebody would describe the license plate, it would be appreciated.

Jacie
12/7/2009, 07:47 AM
The link to said license plate seems to be dysfunctional. If somebody would describe the license plate, it would be appreciated.

Maybe you need a new browser. It is a state of Alabama vanity plate that reads: BEATTX. Across the top in small lettering reads "Roll Tide Roll" and there is an Alabama script A on a red background to the left.

Sooner-N-KS
12/7/2009, 09:42 AM

Stoops: "Note to self. The kicking game seems to be an important part of football. I should think about trying to recruit someone that can kick a field goal like they do at Texas and Nebraska."

kbsooner21
12/7/2009, 12:52 PM

I don't know, Bama is damn good if you ask me.

badger
12/7/2009, 01:06 PM
That is a really cool plate. Maybe you could "lose" one and get another from your tag agency there... oh look! I found it on eBay! :D