PDA

View Full Version : Loadholt hurt, Cooper in

rawlingsHOH
12/6/2009, 09:07 PM
First I've seen Cooper play. He's in at guard. Vikes have 3 injuries on the OL.

The blocking for Peterson has been godawful. I can't figure out how the Titans keep it so clean for C. Johnson.

mxATVracer10
12/6/2009, 09:50 PM
speaking of Loadholt, did anyone happen to understand where he said he was from during the starting lineup intro? It sure didnt sound like OU...

instigator
12/6/2009, 09:52 PM
speaking of Loadholt, did anyone happen to understand where he said he was from during the starting lineup intro? It sure didnt sound like OU...

He said Fountain Colorado. That is where he went to HS. It bugs me that he wouldn't say OU. Seems like OU has more to do with where he is now than his HS. I guess I could be overly sensitive though.

Sooner02
12/6/2009, 09:58 PM
I noticed that and personally took it as a swipe at OU.

sooner59
12/6/2009, 09:58 PM
Jared Allen said "Culinary School".

instigator
12/6/2009, 10:04 PM
Jared Allen said "Culinary School".

Heard that. He is a jokester so I expect that from him. I'd still be pissed if I was an Idaho State fan. ;)

rawlingsHOH
12/6/2009, 10:42 PM
7 of the 22 Vikings starters said something other than their college.

Some of the things that offend people are absolutely mind-boggling to me.

rawlingsHOH
12/6/2009, 10:44 PM
Peterson probably gets the worst blocking in the league. I've watched all 12 games this season, I've never seen a guy have to gain so much yardage after being hit in the backfield. Defenses still aren't respecting Favre.

bluedogok
12/6/2009, 11:10 PM
He said Fountain Colorado. That is where he went to HS. It bugs me that he wouldn't say OU. Seems like OU has more to do with where he is now than his HS. I guess I could be overly sensitive though.
I have heard him say Oklahoma in some other game.

sooner59
12/6/2009, 11:16 PM
E.J. Henderson just got hurt pretty bad. It looked nasty (leg).

ocsooner
12/6/2009, 11:18 PM
E.J. Henderson just got hurt pretty bad. It looked nasty (leg).

That video was as bad a leg whip as I have seen in a long time. Legs aren't supposed to move in that way.

tulsaoilerfan
12/6/2009, 11:20 PM
Man the Vikings run blocking this season has absolutely atrocious; maybe they need to quit all the fancy pulling crap and just line up and block the guy in front of them

rawlingsHOH
12/6/2009, 11:26 PM
Man the Vikings run blocking this season has absolutely atrocious; maybe they need to quit all the fancy pulling crap and just line up and block the guy in front of them

It's amazingly terrible.

He fights guys off immediately after every handoff.

RedstickSooner
12/7/2009, 10:53 AM
7 of the 22 Vikings starters said something other than their college.

Some of the things that offend people are absolutely mind-boggling to me.

Well, it used to be any time a player said anything other than his college, it meant he was taking a deliberate swipe at his college. (And the color commentators would sometimes fill us in on the reason for the animosity.)

If it has now grown to the point where nearly a third of players are listing something other than college (unless it happens to be a team where a bunch of people managed to make it to the pros while bypassing college, which seems impossible, given that only a tiny number of players have ever stayed out of college, kept fit, and then somehow been good enough to work their way onto a roster once they were eligible to do so) it must be the new in vogue thing to do. Sorta like when barbed wire tattoos on the arms of players got popular.

Sooner04
12/7/2009, 11:15 AM
Peterson probably gets the worst blocking in the league. I've watched all 12 games this season, I've never seen a guy have to gain so much yardage after being hit in the backfield. Defenses still aren't respecting Favre.
He's running into a blitz often. Taylor gets much better running lanes because teams are spooked about the screen pass.

Teams are blitzing the hell out of us because they know if they knock Favre out we're toast.

rawlingsHOH
12/7/2009, 11:20 AM
He's running into a blitz often. Taylor gets much better running lanes because teams are spooked about the screen pass.

Teams are blitzing the hell out of us because they know if they knock Favre out we're toast.

I agree.

I think Favre needs to do a better job of checking into the right play sometimes. When the SS is living in the box on 1st down, you need to make them pay down the field. It's like they either run Peterson, or throw a short pass, slant, etc to a wide out.

That said, it's worked pretty well so far for the offense. Just tough sledding for AD.

murray1430
12/7/2009, 11:23 AM
I think that Barry Sanders would lead in that category if he would not have ducked, dodged, or juked so many in the backfield 1st.

Sooner04
12/7/2009, 04:13 PM
I agree.

I think Favre needs to do a better job of checking into the right play sometimes. When the SS is living in the box on 1st down, you need to make them pay down the field. It's like they either run Peterson, or throw a short pass, slant, etc to a wide out.

That said, it's worked pretty well so far for the offense. Just tough sledding for AD.
I'm with you here but, like you said, it's hard to argue with the results so far. Last night just wasn't our night. Down 14-10 and we get a pick that's negated by an offsides. Goofy crap like that all night long. Warner looks like Unitas. It hurt not having Winfield in the game.

But don't forget, Favre was pretty good through 11 games last year too. YIKES!

rawlingsHOH
12/7/2009, 04:20 PM
But don't forget, Favre was pretty good through 11 games last year too. YIKES!

I thought about that as well. But I'm convinced that his Jets downfall was due to the arm injury. He couldn't throw the ball with any zip at all, last December. Last night he made a couple terrible reads, but still had some life on the fastball.

Officials also swallowed their whistle on two or three obvious PI calls against Rice.

Win 2 of the final 4, clinch the 2 seed. I'd be thrilled.

badger
12/7/2009, 04:22 PM
Packers as NFC North champs... So you're saying there's a chance?

rawlingsHOH
12/7/2009, 04:30 PM
Packers as NFC North champs... So you're saying there's a chance?
If they finish 5-0, and the Vikes go 1-3.

Their schedule...
Baltimore
@ Chicago
@ Pittsburgh
Seattle
@ Arizona

Sooner04
12/7/2009, 04:33 PM
I thought about that as well. But I'm convinced that his Jets downfall was due to the arm injury. He couldn't throw the ball with any zip at all, last December. Last night he made a couple terrible reads, but still had some life on the fastball.

Officials also swallowed their whistle on two or three obvious PI calls against Rice.

Win 2 of the final 4, clinch the 2 seed. I'd be thrilled.
Two of four may not be enough. The Cardinals only have four losses, and the Giants are the last team on our schedule. That's what makes last night's loss so tough. Oh well.

badger
12/7/2009, 05:01 PM
If they finish 5-0, and the Vikes go 1-3.

Their schedule...
Baltimore
@ Chicago
@ Pittsburgh
Seattle
@ Arizona

I know that there's no chance. I just feel like smiling every time the Vikes lose. If we lose tonight on a Mark Clayton TD, I will not be entirely sad.

Sooner04
12/7/2009, 05:08 PM
With all due respect, badger, you can't do that. You've got your pro teams and you've got your college teams. If my Vikings are playing the Ravens, and Kelly Gregg destroys Favre and returns the fumble for a touchdown there is not a single shred of my being that is happy.

Am I in the wrong here? Am I too cold to acknowledge the shades of gray? Once they leave Norman I wish them success (hell, I saw that Corey Ivy was still playing the other day) but I want nothing more than for them to lose and lose big if it has any effect on the Vikings. I was sad when Mark Clayton dropped that crucial pass against the Patriots, but I wish he'd have dropped seven just like it when they played Minnesota.

badger
12/7/2009, 05:34 PM
With all due respect, badger, you can't do that.

When I say that I won't be entirely sad, I mean that I will not be 100 percent sad. I will most likely be 99.9999 percent sad and throwing sofa pillows at everything while NP finds a place to hide... or goes to bed early.

not entirely sad.

badger
12/8/2009, 10:09 AM
:D The only reason you Vikes have any hope now is this guy:
http://i33.tinypic.com/k20fow.jpg
Soooooo doomed. We are totally meeting you guys in the playoffs and third time will NOT be a charm. Pack is back, baby!

ouleaf
12/9/2009, 05:44 PM

Favre will do this if he can get the defense to jump off-sides, which he is pretty good at doing. Seems like whenever he pulls them offsides he bails on whatever the play was and immediately looks to throw the ball deep.