PDA

View Full Version : Who is the former Soonere plaiyng at Stanford?

ouwasp
12/6/2009, 08:43 PM
some OL guy that quit... from Jenks I think...
disregard the misspelling in the title of the thread, unless somebody can tell me how to edit it.

rawlingsHOH
12/6/2009, 08:45 PM
Yep, Beeler.

Started a game as a true frosh in 06, transfered the next spring/summer???

sooneron
12/6/2009, 08:45 PM
http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/beeler_chase00.html

TXBOOMER
12/6/2009, 08:47 PM
rawlings read my post in the Blake Bell thread.

AzianSooner
12/6/2009, 08:50 PM
I still wonder why he transferred. He started at OU and destined to started again.

Leroy Lizard
12/6/2009, 08:59 PM
Maiybe he wanted to plaiy in better weather?

StoopTroup
12/6/2009, 09:03 PM
some OL guy that quit... from Jenks I think...
disregard the misspelling in the title of the thread, unless somebody can tell me how to edit it.

I usually add and remove letters to fix spelling.

Hope that helps.

MiccoMacey
12/6/2009, 09:03 PM
Academics at Stanford are about as good as you can get.

MiccoMacey
12/6/2009, 09:04 PM
His dads a huge OU fan.

bringit
12/6/2009, 09:06 PM
I was thinking Glyn Milburn, but then I'm old and all.

badger
12/6/2009, 09:16 PM
There was a thread about him back when he transferred. I think he barely had any time at OU before he realized that he wanted to go to a fake ivy school.

rawlingsHOH
12/6/2009, 09:17 PM
rawlings read my post in the Blake Bell thread.

Never opened that thread. I'll check it out.

The_Red_Patriot
12/6/2009, 09:26 PM
I still wonder why he transferred. He started at OU and destined to started again.

Chase wasn't being challenged academically at OU and got bored there. His dad was on the radio here in Tulsa awhile back talking about it. They went to Stoops about it and Bob helped him transfer to Stanford. Beeler's dad had nothing but great things to say about Stoops on the whole deal. Chase is a very, very smart person.

sooner59
12/6/2009, 09:33 PM
What does he study? I know quite a few things that he wouldn't think was so easy. Maybe he just needed to take more hours. If he just wanted the prestige of having a Stanford degree thats fine I guess. Have him take 18 hours of microbiology and organic chemistry while playing football, then tell me if you are being challenged academically.

Jdog
12/6/2009, 10:45 PM
What does he study? I know quite a few things that he wouldn't think was so easy. Maybe he just needed to take more hours. If he just wanted the prestige of having a Stanford degree thats fine I guess. Have him take 18 hours of microbiology and organic chemistry while playing football, then tell me if you are being challenged academically.

center Chase Beeler (3.42, History), All Pacific-10 All-Academic team

sooner59
12/6/2009, 10:55 PM
center Chase Beeler (3.42, History), All Pacific-10 All-Academic team

Well, I don't know much about OU's history department. I can see why Stanford would probably have a better History department than us. I'm sort of a history buff as well, so I can see if your classes were too easy in history, then you would feel like you are wasting your time, because you actually want to learn more. So I can respect that.

BoulderSooner79
12/6/2009, 11:49 PM
I went from OU after I got my bachelor's to Stanford to get my master's. It was much more challenging at Stanford in my technical discipline.

VA Sooner
12/7/2009, 12:15 AM
I respect wanting to transfer to Stanford for academics. Good school.

But we'll going to kill them in a bowl game.

ouwasp
12/7/2009, 12:20 AM
okay, now I remember him. I thought Chase wanted a future in politics, maybe he still does. You'd think being visible on the OU football team would have served him well. He could have gone to the coast for grad work.

Leroy Lizard
12/7/2009, 12:46 AM
Where one gets his bachelors degree in a field like history is rather irrelevant, since he is going to need a doctorate anyway. But if he felt Stanford provided him the right environment, good for him.

sooner59
12/7/2009, 12:49 AM
Where one gets his bachelors degree in a field like history is rather irrelevant, since he is going to need a doctorate anyway. But if he felt Stanford provided him the right environment, good for him.

While applying to quality graduate schools, a bachelors from Stanford probably holds a little more weight than OU.

AlbqSooner
12/7/2009, 07:21 AM
Stanford has something of a history of placing former football players in politics. That, and getting a degree from the University where the Hoover Institution is located can't hurt.

CincySooner
12/7/2009, 09:13 AM
I seem to recall that Beeler's signing day came down to Stanford or OU. The guy had been thinking academics from the get-go. In the end, if he can cut it at Stanford and it's a better challenge for him, then more power to him.

OUmillenium
12/7/2009, 09:22 AM

Chase is one of the smartest kids to come through Jenks in the last 10 years. Add to that the fact he is a D1 athlete. He was interested in Political Science and supposedly David Boren had some internship things lined up for him but in the end he was not happy with the regular coursework.

By the way, he would hammer micro and organic if he wanted, even while playing football. I aced those classes without an athletic schedule, but he is twice as sharp as I am.