PDA

View Full Version : Maisel knocks it out of the park. Grand salami of a read...

Lott's Bandana
12/6/2009, 02:41 PM
From ESPN.com:

1. Texas coach Mack Brown spins so well that if he owned ice skates, he'd be favored to medal in Vancouver. Maybe when the disbelief evaporates and my jaw returns to its upright position, I'll return to thinking that the Longhorns deserve to play in the BCS National Championship Game. But the slapstick finish to the Nebraska game, coupled with the inability to put mediocre Texas A&M away the week before, are reason enough to believe that the wrong team from Texas will play Alabama.

2. My Heisman ballot: 1) Toby Gerhart (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=188524). The Stanford senior tailback got stronger as the season progressed. He never had a bad game. And he puts the student in student-athlete. 2) Mark Ingram (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=379061) is the best player on the No. 1 team. He can take over a game. And the first contact rarely takes him down. 3) Ndamukong Suh. Most interior linemen do their work unnoticed. Suh is so dominant that you can't ignore him.

3. In recent years, USC has played on Championship Saturday and siphoned away plenty of attention from the league championship games. On this Championship Saturday, the Trojans were an afterthought -- and played like one. What is worth pointing out is not the 21-17 home loss to Arizona (http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=293390030), a good team. But USC played with a noticeable lack of energy and got little help from their fans. The Trojans are 8-4 and the Coliseum is half empty in the fourth quarter. The players and the fans need to look in the mirror.

Blues1
12/6/2009, 02:44 PM
amen & Amen ....!

rawlingsHOH
12/6/2009, 02:47 PM
great!

i had the same 3 for heisman (different order)

BoulderSooner79
12/6/2009, 02:53 PM
Great point about USC - you could tell they didn't give a rats azz about the game. Our team and crowd had the same situation against OSU -- nothing big to play for -- and they both performed.

Jacie
12/6/2009, 03:03 PM
I guess people in L.A. are too hip to spend a Saturday afternoon watching an 8-3 team play. Petey was probably praying the game wouldn't go into OT because he would miss his tee off time at Hillcrest . . .

Lott's Bandana
12/6/2009, 03:07 PM
I guess people in L.A. are too hip to spend a Saturday afternoon watching an 8-3 team play. Petey was probably praying the game wouldn't go into OT because he would miss his tee off time at Hillcrest . . .

...or his Coed bought a new nightie.

AlbqSooner
12/6/2009, 04:04 PM
...or his Coed bought a new nightie.

Thanks man. I was wondering where the "Grand salami" in the thread title came from.:D

BlackChipBJ
12/6/2009, 04:26 PM
coupled with the inability to put mediocre Texas A&M away the week before, are reason enough to believe that the wrong team from Texas will play Alabama.

But trailing a mediocre Auburn for most of the game, makes you worthy! Got it.

Sooner Eclipse
12/6/2009, 04:34 PM
But trailing a mediocre Auburn for most of the game, makes you worthy! Got it.

Face it, your team is 6 lbs of **** in 5 lb bag. The smell cannot be contained.

BlackChipBJ
12/6/2009, 05:14 PM

Texas has never lost a BCS bowl, and I remember what happened the last time Texas had no shot. "USC could beat the 72 Dolphins!" "Give Pete a month to plan and he can't be beat" blah, blah, blah..

PDXsooner
12/6/2009, 05:20 PM
Texas has never lost a BCS bowl, and I remember what happened the last time Texas had no shot. "USC could beat the 72 Dolphins!" "Give Pete a month to plan and he can't be beat" blah, blah, blah..

texas showed the nation what they are. an underwhelming team that is undefeated because of a weak non-conference schedule, a weaker conference this year, and a little help from their old friends in stripes...

sooner59
12/6/2009, 05:21 PM

I and most people I knew were all saying texas would beat usc in '05. USC was better in '04 and VY just wasn't going to lose. I would brag too much about beating tOSU in the Fiesta, either. You should have destroyed them and barely escaped. Texas has no shot because this time they are facing a defense like the one that just violated them, an offense better than anything they have faced this year (Bama is balanced), better athletes, and a better coach. Sorry I don't believe in your team. If you had VY back, maybe I would reconsider.

rawlingsHOH
12/6/2009, 05:23 PM

I only remember them playing in one. LOL

BlackChipBJ
12/6/2009, 05:28 PM
I only remember them playing in one. LOL

You have a bad memory. 04, 05 and last year.

sooner59
12/6/2009, 05:34 PM
Again, without VY, your resume is barely beating a terrible tOSU team. You may be unbeaten in BCS bowls, but what is your record against teams that have a good balanced offense and a great defense in 2009?

0-0

Good luck covering the spread, much less winning.

Sooner Eclipse
12/6/2009, 06:02 PM

You'll have to excuse him. When we play in a BCS game, its more often than not a title game. All but 1 of your appearances have been, well, basically meaningless.

I and most people I knew were all saying texas would beat usc in '05. USC was better in '04 and VY just wasn't going to lose. I would brag too much about beating tOSU in the Fiesta, either. You should have destroyed them and barely escaped. Texas has no shot because this time they are facing a defense like the one that just violated them, an offense better than anything they have faced this year (Bama is balanced), better athletes, and a better coach. Sorry I don't believe in your team. If you had VY back, maybe I would reconsider.

^^^ this.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/6/2009, 06:06 PM

Those aren't BCS bowls according to a moron whorn fan in Dallas back in October. You people need to get your sh*t straight. Are conference championships worthy or not? What are BCS bowls. Your fans are the most ignorant in all of college football.

OU-HSV
12/6/2009, 07:00 PM
Nice read

BlackChipBJ
12/6/2009, 07:23 PM
You'll have to excuse him. When we play in a BCS game, its more often than not a title game. All but 1 of your appearances have been, well, basically meaningless.

All but one of yours has been meaningless, and kind of embarrassing.

BHud
12/6/2009, 07:30 PM

Yet, we have beat you two years in a row.
And 4 out of 5.

BHud
12/6/2009, 07:34 PM
I and most people I knew were all saying texas would beat usc in '05.

Give me a break.
http://politiclolz.com/files/2009/09/20090909-You-Lie.jpg

BlackChipBJ
12/6/2009, 07:40 PM
And 4 out of 5.

and now we've won the most recent 4 out of 5.

kevpks
12/6/2009, 08:21 PM
And 4 out of 5.

If my team was about to play for a national championship, I don't think I would feel the need to defend their honor on a rival message board. That's a little sad really.

XingTheRubicon
12/6/2009, 08:31 PM
The winningest QB in your school's history just lucked out to win one conference championship in 4 seasons. Texas is everything that is suck.

It's science.

Sooner Eclipse
12/6/2009, 09:38 PM
And 4 out of 5.

And your about to get your *** handed to you by a good team. Enjoy the feeling. I've taken **** from bonghorns for years for NCG losses. This is gonna be fun.
:eek: :pop:

MyT Oklahoma
12/6/2009, 09:49 PM
If my team was about to play for a national championship, I don't think I would feel the need to defend their honor on a rival message board. That's a little sad really.

^^ Exactly!

P.S. "Thank you Sir, may I have another? Thank you Sir, may I have another? Thank you Sir, may I have another?" :rolleyes:

Funky G
12/6/2009, 09:59 PM
65-13. Might as well post meaningless **** to match the thread.

sooneron
12/6/2009, 10:15 PM
All the texas fans know their chances are Jack **** and Jack just left town. Why else would they be here right now?

Frozen Sooner
12/6/2009, 10:17 PM
Texas has never lost a BCS bowl.

Neither has Iowa State.