PDA

View Full Version : Why is Tearbow such a crybaby ???

Soonerus
12/6/2009, 12:59 PM
just wondering ???

BoulderSooner79
12/6/2009, 01:01 PM
Because he has never had to deal with losing the big game before. Good practice for the NFL.

beer4me
12/6/2009, 01:01 PM
just wondering ???

HOW DARE YOU say such a thing about baby tebus...

:D :D :D

Soonerus
12/6/2009, 01:09 PM
Tebow needs to grow up...

KantoSooner
12/6/2009, 01:14 PM
And Ray Lewis is just the man to 'help' him in that process.

KantoSooner
12/6/2009, 01:15 PM
Seriously, though, could there have been a better way to spend three hours on a Saturday than watching Timmah's heart get ripped out of his chest and fed to him on toast points? Made me almost like Nicky.

StoopTroup
12/6/2009, 01:16 PM
He cries when he loses.

He'll be a mess at the end of training camp.

Get your cameras ready!

sooneron
12/6/2009, 01:17 PM
I don't have a problem with a player shedding a tear or two, but he was borderline blubbering. I was LMAO at his wittle wip a quivering. Good times. It will be nice to see him walk off into obscurity.

yermom
12/6/2009, 01:18 PM
Seriously, though, could there have been a better way to spend three hours on a Saturday than watching Timmah's heart get ripped out of his chest and fed to him on toast points? Made me almost like Nicky.

almost :)

Soonerus
12/6/2009, 01:19 PM

It was also a nice consolation to watch Urban 's angst...

StoopTroup
12/6/2009, 01:19 PM
Saban looked like he enjoyed walking timmy through the Valley of the Shadow of Death. :D

starclassic tama
12/6/2009, 01:27 PM
BEST PLAYER EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

BoulderSooner79
12/6/2009, 01:33 PM
I did think it was a little much when he looked upward and asked "Jesus, why have you forsaken me?". I mean come on, Jesus may have been really busy yesterday.

StoopTroup
12/6/2009, 01:35 PM
I did think it was a little much when he looked upward and asked "Jesus, why have you forsaken me?". I mean come on, Jesus may have been really busy yesterday.

He's got a lot on his plate right now. He's dealing with a lot of prayers in South Bend right now.

sooneron
12/6/2009, 01:39 PM
He's got a lot on his plate right now. He's dealing with a lot of prayers in South Bend right now.

I think he was really on standby for Colt in Arlington.

StoopTroup
12/6/2009, 01:41 PM
I think he was really on standby for Colt in Arlington.

Add Colt to the mix. When Nebraska was kicking that last FG...ponyboy had his face in his hands like he really hoped he didn't have to go out and save the day.

Blues1
12/6/2009, 01:42 PM

I heard Jesus Likes Football, ~~~ :)

But Tebow Believe's his own PR ~~~
And Jesus Doesn't Write College Sports for The Florida Papers

And by the way Jesus is a Bama Fan ~~~~ :)

jumperstop
12/6/2009, 01:44 PM

Seeing Colt's face after he threw away teh ball causing them to lose the game would have made it perfect. Too bad there wasn't a draft in the stadium making the ball stay airborn for one sec more.

SoonerLB
12/6/2009, 01:46 PM
I was on the phone with a friend when Timmah was in the defensive huddle ranting, and I told the guy I was talking too that every time I see that flake go into one of those rants, I wish a big cast iron frying pan would come into the picture and go
WHAP!, right up the side of Timmah's head!

And the crying like a baby routine? Another
WHAP!

That would have answered my prayers! :D

Seamus
12/6/2009, 01:58 PM

Did he really do this?

I was drinking heavily (Lagunitas "Hopstoopid", 8% ABV, 102 IBU!) with some buddies, so I missed some ofthe details around the end.

If so, c'mon. Jesus (and God) do not take sides in a football game, or any other sporting contest. The fact that evil entities such as texas and suc ever win a game is proof.

BoulderSooner79
12/6/2009, 02:07 PM
Did he really do this?

No. Sorry, didn't think I needed a smiley for that one. He's an emotional player who gave his all; I have no problem with that. But in 4 years of college, he has never lost a big game until yesterday. In the one rebuilding year they had, they lost a few regular season games, so they didn't go to any big games. But even then, he won the Heisman, so this year is "reality can bite" year.

StoopTroup
12/6/2009, 02:10 PM
Tebow should thank his lucky stars he's not in Sam's position. The hit Tebow took earlier in the season should have been a clue.

Folks...it's not easy winning a MNC....it's even harder winning back to back.

badger
12/6/2009, 02:10 PM
A friend of mine speculated that Teebz actually forced the tears in order to end up on camera more at the end of the game, when it should have been about Alabama, not him.

I was inclined to think that Teebie was actually a crybaby and not faking, but when he did a postgame interview on the field after losing (who the hell does that?!), I kind of suspected it was partly for show.

Plus, crying was probably the only way to get his teammates to show him any sympathy, since they're probably incredibly sick of him by now.

Leroy Lizard
12/6/2009, 02:43 PM
I'll offer you a serious response.

My guess:

He grew up in a religious culture that, in a way, values men crying. Among devout Christians, a man crying is a showing of faith and devotion. So he's used to seeing it and has never been admonished so as to "hold it back." To Tim, his crying shows everyone how devoted he is to winning and is therefore a good thing.

Blues1
12/6/2009, 02:48 PM
He's Spoiled -Plain & Simple ~~~ !

DenverSooner751
12/6/2009, 02:51 PM
Add Colt to the mix. When Nebraska was kicking that last FG...ponyboy had his face in his hands like he really hoped Nebraska's kicking team would go out and save the day.

FIXED.

westbrooke
12/6/2009, 02:53 PM
Did he really do this?

I was drinking heavily (Lagunitas "Hopstoopid", 8% ABV, 102 IBU!) with some buddies, so I missed some ofthe details around the end.

If so, c'mon. Jesus (and God) do not take sides in a football game, or any other sporting contest. The fact that evil entities such as texas and suc ever win a game is proof.

Hahaha, as Boulder responded, he didn't actually do this. But Ingram most definitely did thank the lord for Bama's victory. I found that funny as Timmy sniffled his way off the field.

StoopTroup
12/6/2009, 02:55 PM
Some guys cry...some guys man up.

It doesn't really matter to me.

What matters is we don't have to endure what would have happened had he continued to get away with his on field mediocre style. He needed some players to step up yesterday and they didn't. If he's going to cry...he ought to cry about how the Team let him down at his most desperate hour.

phlorida wasn't as good this year and it showed yesterday.

Saban must have been watching tape on urban all year. He took em down yesterday...and took em down hard.

Leroy Lizard
12/6/2009, 02:58 PM
In the end, if you were in trouble and Tim could help you, would he?

I think so. Tim may be a lot of things, but in the end I think he is a pretty good person. We all have our weaknesses and deficiencies. (Well, I don't.)

Remember the Boz? He also enraged fans all over the country. But deep down, I think Brian was okay guy. Switzer certainly thought so.

soonerhubs
12/6/2009, 03:02 PM
I'll offer you a serious response.

My guess:

He grew up in a religious culture that, in a way, values men crying. Among devout Christians, a man crying is a showing of faith and devotion. So he's used to seeing it and has never been admonished so as to "hold it back." To Tim, his crying shows everyone how devoted he is to winning and is therefore a good thing.

Allow me to share my spin:
He's an immature attention whore who thinks screaming at his teammates somehow makes him a "great leader". The best leaders in my experience, stay calm during these circumstances. Ala Bradford, Dungy, and the often left unmentioned great, J.D. Runnels. The calm demeanor Runnels showed while being heckled after the controversial TT game a few years ago was a reflection of more class than I'd seen in a long time.

Oh... and another thing. I think it reeks of "appearance" when he wears that head set and walks around visiting like he's just THAT "cerebral" of a football player. Maybe Spikes wanted to poke an eye so he'd have a week off from Timmah's ******-baggery.

StoopTroup
12/6/2009, 03:02 PM
Not sure anyone was really saying he's a bad guy....just a bit to over the top.

oudivesherpa
12/6/2009, 03:04 PM
An abundance of estrogen?

soonerhubs
12/6/2009, 03:05 PM
Many good people meet the criteria of feminine wash labels (I guess ****** is a bad word. ;))in certain situations. Timmy just has a great platform to show it off.

Scott D
12/6/2009, 04:45 PM
A legitimate answer, he's an emotional guy who wears his heart on his sleeve..yadda yadda yadda.

Smartass answer...because he knew he blew his chance to be 'THE' legend of all time...and will spend the month after the Sugar Bowl learning how to play the Tight End position for the Combine.

budbarrybob
12/6/2009, 04:46 PM
I did think it was a little much when he looked upward and asked "Father, why have you forsaken me?". I mean come on, GOD may have been really busy yesterday.

fixed :D

okienole3
12/6/2009, 04:55 PM
Simple; because he is a bitch.

soonerinkeywest
12/6/2009, 06:25 PM
^^^^^^this

soonerinkeywest
12/6/2009, 06:26 PM
^^^^^^this

soonerhubs
12/6/2009, 07:53 PM
^^^^^^this

ouduckhunter
12/6/2009, 08:00 PM
Don't know, other than I think that he's a big, ole baby!

There's a Tebow Crying fan group on Facebook now. It's nice to see a whole new group of Tebow and Gator haters!

soonerboy
12/6/2009, 08:09 PM
he plays for florida thats why he cried

PLaw
12/6/2009, 10:37 PM
Tebow needs to grow up...

I think Timmy is a pretty good kid and he probably gets more publicity and criticism than he deserves. That said, my Bible says "In all things give praise". It would have been really cool if Tim would have said in his post game comments: "I want to praise God for the opportunity to play in this game and I want to acknowledge Alabama for a great win."

It's one thing to praise God when everything is coming up roses, but quiet another when the chips are down.

Boomer

ocsooner
12/6/2009, 10:46 PM
In the end, if you were in trouble and Tim could help you, would he?

I think so. Tim may be a lot of things, but in the end I think he is a pretty good person. We all have our weaknesses and deficiencies. (Well, I don't.)

Remember the Boz? He also enraged fans all over the country. But deep down, I think Brian was okay guy. Switzer certainly thought so.

Sam and Colt didn't like him in New York last year. That says a lot to me.

okiedokie
12/6/2009, 11:59 PM
well mama says it's cuz he got all them teeth.....

VA Sooner
12/7/2009, 12:13 AM
He cried?

He cried!!!!

There's no crying in football!!! Be a man! You lost a hard-fought game (well, somewhat hard-fought... well... played in a game at least).

Take it a like a man... save your tears for draft day.

Petro-Sooner
12/7/2009, 12:27 AM
Sam and Colt didn't like him in New York last year. That says a lot to me.

Really? I'd like to hear that story.

Mjcpr
12/7/2009, 09:29 AM
I think it was selfish of him to waste all of those cancer-curing tears.

KantoSooner
12/7/2009, 09:44 AM
You wanta to know what and who Timmah is? Read The Poisonwood Bible (or, alternatively The Mosquito Coast for the same mindset without the religious overtones), it pretty much explains the mindset of missionaries. I grew up around passles of them in Africa and Asia and though there were good people among them, their core belief is that they are just ever so slightly better than the rest of humanity and thus entitled to roam the earth telling other people what to do. 'Guiding' us and 'ministering' to us. Whether we want it or not. It is always fun to see this type of arrogant ******-baggery exposed for the fraudulent crap it is.

badger
12/7/2009, 09:50 AM
Really? I'd like to hear that story.

The story:

Sam, Colt and Tim were the Heisman finalists last year invited to New York. While in previous years, the Heisman finalists all hang out together, do public appearances together and get to be friends who have a lot of common interest (especially football), Tim was either burned out on the experience from being at the ceremony the year before, or just didn't want to hang out with Sam and Colt.

When someone mentions to Sam about befriending Colt and Tim at the Heisman ceremony, you usually hear him correct it to say that he befriended Colt, but didn't spend much time with Tim.

When Tim gets mentioned around Colt, he usually doesn't speak highly of him at all.

Here's something else fun - he even shunned the Florida media that were tagging along with him to see if he's be the second guy to win two Heismans.

Eventually, Bradford and McCoy show up, but Tebow doesn’t. The photographers there from Florida are furious.

“The little rat,” one says. “I hope he loses tomorrow.”
Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20081221_231_B1_WHENOK478632&archive=yes)

But McCoy saves his real animosity for Florida’s mythological, all-world superhero. When asked if he has a similar connection with Tebow, McCoy says flatly:

“Uh, no.”
Link (http://www.clubhousecancer.com/2009/10/colt-mccoy-hates-tim-tebow.html)

beer4me
12/7/2009, 09:53 AM
He's fake

SoonerMavrick25
12/7/2009, 10:45 AM
I think Timmy is a pretty good kid and he probably gets more publicity and criticism than he deserves. That said, my Bible says "In all things give praise". It would have been really cool if Tim would have said in his post game comments: "I want to praise God for the opportunity to play in this game and I want to acknowledge Alabama for a great win."

It's one thing to praise God when everything is coming up roses, but quiet another when the chips are down.

Boomer

If only Tebow could be as pure and accomplished as the majority of posters in this thread.

With countless things wrong with "amateur" athletics, an academic all-american with a 3.7 GPA, infinite volunteer work, and not so much as a parking ticket to his name and you guys are still butt hurt 'cause he had the temerity to beat our beloved Sooners.

Best post(s) in this thread.

XingTheRubicon
12/7/2009, 11:00 AM
If only Tebow could be as pure and accomplished as the majority of posters in this thread.

With countless things wrong with "amateur" athletics, an academic all-american with a 3.7 GPA, infinite volunteer work, and not so much as a parking ticket to his name and you guys are still butt hurt 'cause he had the temerity to beat our beloved Sooners.

prrriiide
12/7/2009, 11:55 AM
A friend of mine speculated that Teebz actually forced the tears in order to end up on camera more at the end of the game, when it should have been about Alabama, not him.

I think he squirted lime juice in his eyes...

you guys are still butt hurt 'cause he had the temerity to beat our beloved Sooners.

And that's where you'd be wrong. I was sick and tired of Teabag's egotistical showboating long before the BCS CG last year. Still think that, too. HE didn't beat the Sooners. The Gators did. That includes Meyer, Strong, Spikes, Harvin, Demps and the Pouncey brothers.

You can't be a humble servant when everything you do calls attention to the fact that you're a humble servant. It don't work that way...