PDA

View Full Version : Weis attacks Carroll:D

delhalew
12/6/2009, 11:59 AM
I can't find the video, but this is just funny.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4718914

Former Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis reportedly took a shot at USC's Pete Carroll in an online interview published Saturday, and Carroll isn't happy about it.

Weis, fired at Notre Dame last week, was asked by IrishIllustrated.com, a site devoted to covering Notre Dame sports, if he is "frustrated" by how he's portrayed as opposed to Carroll.

According to the interview transcript from IrishIllustrated.com senior editor Tim Prister, Weis responded: "Let me ask you this question: You guys know about things that go on in different places. Was I living with a grad student in Malibu, or was I living with my wife in my house? You could bet that if I were living with a grad student here in South Bend, it would be national news.

"He's doing it in Malibu and it's not national news. What's the difference? I don't understand. Why is it OK for one guy to do things like that, but for me, I'm scrutinized when I swear. I'm sorry for swearing; absolve my sins."

Weis was referring to a 2006 "60 Minutes" profile which showed him swearing and caused a minor stir, but the root of his reference to Carroll's alleged living arrangement was unclear. Carroll is married with three children and a grandchild.

Carroll, contacted by the Los Angeles Times on Saturday night, said: "It's untrue, it's irresponsible and it's incredible he'd be talking about me like that," Carroll said of Weis.

Weis was speaking to five handpicked reporters in South Bend, Ind., at Hannah and Friends, the nonprofit organization founded by Weis and his wife Maura designed to help children and adults with special needs. Hannah is one of Weis' children.

Weis was fired after Notre Dame finished 6-6 this season. He was 35-27 in five seasons, winning just one bowl game during his tenure.

Carroll's USC team finished its regular season Saturday with a 21-17 loss to Arizona. The Trojans were 8-4.

Blues1
12/6/2009, 12:04 PM
Weis went over "THE LINE" on that one --- Even IF it is true -- You Don't go there.....jmho......

delhalew
12/6/2009, 12:11 PM
Weis went over "THE LINE" on that one --- Even IF it is true -- You Don't go there.....jmho......

I would tend to agree...on the other hand, I never pass up an opportunity to laugh at either of these guys.

Sonner magic923
12/6/2009, 12:14 PM
wow thats wrong on so many levels...total violation of man law dude if u got a problem with his coaching thats one thing but to call him out on his personall life thats just low

Veritas
12/6/2009, 12:30 PM
Way to show your true colors, ya turd. Enjoy the rest of your career breaking down film for the real coaches.

Soonerman08
12/6/2009, 12:45 PM
Way to show your true colors, ya turd. Enjoy the rest of your career breaking down film for the real coaches.

I don't know, it's rather comical. Carroll is a prick, and something really ruffled Weis' feathers. Either that or he knows something others don't.

sooneredaco
12/6/2009, 01:21 PM
I could care less who or what Peter was putting his Peter in, but Fatty Weis is just b!tch!ng about getting arse handed to him on a regular basis.

sooneron
12/6/2009, 01:42 PM
Both of them are tremendous dooshes. Let them fight it out with their fists dipped in glue and broken glass.

GrapevineSooner
12/6/2009, 01:58 PM
"Let me ask you this question: You guys know about things that go on in different places. Was I living with a grad student in Malibu, or was I living with my wife in my house? You could bet that if I were living with a grad student here in South Bend, it would be national news."

If only because the idea of any grad student shacking up with Charlie would be national news. ;)

soonerhubs
12/6/2009, 02:01 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_l4ZZFzs7VIs/RucHGIlac6I/AAAAAAAAAbc/NAqXGwQ8paU/s400/SM1082~Cripple-Fight-Posters.jpg

KantoSooner
12/6/2009, 02:51 PM
Apparently Weis didn't realize that saying Petey was shacked up with a woman of significantly younger years only adds to his complete and unchallenged ownership of Charlie's world.
Don't point this out to him, though, I want him to go on and on inflicting wounds on himself, ND and, if he can do so, Petey.
It's a no lose deal! Pop the corn and bring me my wine!

SouthFortySooner
12/6/2009, 03:44 PM
If Charlie gets a coed she better come with a hilift and a 2X4.

mehip
12/6/2009, 04:16 PM
HAHA .... This will be even better if it turns out to be true. Still, it's like a bunch of 12 year olds making **** up.

FaninAma
12/6/2009, 04:26 PM
Is it even true? If it is why is PC getting a pass?

Bob Stoops sure wouldn't.

OK2LA
12/6/2009, 04:38 PM
Update:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/12/usc-football-pete-carroll-charlie-weis-notre-dame-malibu.html

budbarrybob
12/6/2009, 04:40 PM
When I saw the thread title I wondered how much PC was eaten...

Scott D
12/6/2009, 04:41 PM
yeah this is pretty pointless since Weis is backtracking on the comments, and Petey is claiming that Weis called him and apologized for them.

MI Sooner
12/6/2009, 06:16 PM
Don't know if Petey is cheating on his wife or not, but calling him out if falling him out on it violates some code, that code is bull****. If you want to bang some coed, don't get married.