PDA

View Full Version : Texas got dang lucky

Soonerman08
12/6/2009, 11:38 AM
That pretty much sums it up. Texas was very fortunate to win the Big 12 this year. OU was down and they found their way into the Big 12 Championship, and were damn luck to win it.

Shove that into the Whorns faces when they start bragging.

Oh and btw, ROLL TIDE!

OUHOMER
12/6/2009, 11:43 AM
I almost started a thread about this, But saw about 10 others and didnt.:;)

but you are right :D

StoopTroup
12/6/2009, 11:46 AM
We shouldn't have to shove anything in their faces.

Any of them that couldn't see that bitch slap them in the face last night needs real mental help IMO.

itsok
12/6/2009, 03:24 PM
1. techs QB was hurt when they played
2. we lose Sam and a whole bunch of people, still we are a tackle away from winning..
3. They play BU at waco and they lose the starting QB
4. They play at OSU but without Dez and Hunter.
5. Last night there were too many to count...they kicker stoping the punt return into the endzone, the caught TD out of bounds in the enzone, the bad kick, the collar tackle, the personal foul on their second to last FG drive, way uncatchable...at the end the clock ran out...
amazing...
with that kind of luck they might win the whole thing as well...

rawlingsHOH
12/6/2009, 03:30 PM
Texas isn't a great team, but good. Fortunate to play in a very down Big 12 environment. They were lucky to beat a 4-loss Nebraska, and 5-loss Oklahoma team. They looked terrible against A&M, but get a pass as a rivalry game.

My head says Alabama is significantly better. But they've been know to look very pedestrian too.

BoulderSooner79
12/6/2009, 03:47 PM
Texas isn't a great team, but good. Fortunate to play in a very down Big 12 environment. They were lucky to beat a 4-loss Nebraska, and 5-loss Oklahoma team. They looked terrible against A&M, but get a pass as a rivalry game.

My head says Alabama is significantly better. But they've been know to look very pedestrian too.

^This. It's clear to me who is the best team that won't play in the title: Florida. But they had their chance and rematches blow.

nytehorn
12/6/2009, 04:19 PM
I do agree we got lucky, but what is it with Nebraska? They get 7 first downs against you guys, and win. They only get 5 first downs, 106 TOTAL YARDS, and almost beat us! Doesn't even seem possible.

StoopTroup
12/6/2009, 04:21 PM
Defense?

delhalew
12/6/2009, 04:40 PM
Defense?

Holy crap, ST! You might be on to something!:D

LesNessman
12/8/2009, 06:17 PM
What most people don't seem to realize is that by the time Jan 7th rolls around, Greg McElroy, Mark Ingram, and 4 stating O-linemen for Bama will be declared academically ineligible. Julio Jones, Terrance Cody, and 3 starting defensive backs will be injured in practice and unable to play, and Saban will suspend the rest of the starting D-line and wide receiving corps for violating team rules before he decides to take the Notre Dame job.

TexasLidig8r
12/8/2009, 06:35 PM
That pretty much sums it up. Texas was very fortunate to win the Big 12 this year. OU was down and they found their way into the Big 12 Championship, and were damn luck to win it.

Shove that into the Whorns faces when they start bragging.

Oh and btw, ROLL TIDE!

To which the only response should be.

Well.. thank you.. Now.. which bowl game are you in again? :D

badger
12/8/2009, 06:43 PM
Ignoring all posts above and only looking at the thread title, I think Nebbish legend Tom Ozzie summed it up nicely when he said he's been on both sides of the situation.

So have we. We were the unluckiest emm effers in college football this year, but we were d@mn lucky that Texas choked in the final seconds against Tech last year to be able to go to the title games.

We were also d@mn lucky to watch the whorns choke against the Aggies in 2006 to go BCSing and to the Big 12 title game that year.

We've been on both sides for title games, too. We've won and we've lost this decade. Texas, too shall experience this, when it sees what it's like to not be lucky anymore come January.

Crucifax Autumn
12/8/2009, 06:52 PM
To which the only response should be.

Well.. thank you.. Now.. which bowl game are you in again? :D

So now you go that route after arguing the opposite point for years? So does that mean when we win ours and you lose yourse you are gonna start saying you'd rather lose the big one than win a meaningless bowl? Seriously?

olevetonahill
12/8/2009, 07:17 PM
So now you go that route after arguing the opposite point for years? So does that mean when we win ours and you lose yourse you are gonna start saying you'd rather lose the big one than win a meaningless bowl? Seriously?

Why you keep quoting that doosh ?
Ive had him on iggy all season and have enjoyed it ;)

Crucifax Autumn
12/8/2009, 07:40 PM
I've been ignoring him for the most part, but the total 180 and outlandish hypocrisy forced me into commenting. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't waste my time anymore, but when the bullshat is piled so high it's tickling my nipples I can't control myself.