PDA

View Full Version : Longwhorn Mulligan

StoopTroup
12/6/2009, 09:58 AM
That's what the papers should read this morning.

Flagstaffsooner
12/6/2009, 10:05 AM
Ya mean Big XII refs aint good?:texan:

StoopTroup
12/6/2009, 10:31 AM
That Ref at the end wasn't very comfortable with the call he was about to make. Go watch the end of the game again. He looked like he was going to make the call...run to the airport and board a Southwest Airlines flight.

OUHOMER
12/6/2009, 10:38 AM
Well, i dont blame him, he needed to be a the bank first thing this morning.

StoopTroup
12/6/2009, 10:40 AM
From the time he put the headphones on to talk to the replay booth till he pulled them off....

22 seconds.

Don't them usually look into the replay hood to watch the replay?

He didn't.

SoonerBacker
12/6/2009, 10:46 AM
From the time he put the headphones on to talk to the replay booth till he pulled them off....

22 seconds.

Don't them usually look into the replay hood to watch the replay?

He didn't.

There is no replay hood in college. All of the video review is done by the "replay official" in the press box. The final ruling is simply relayed to the official on the field via those headphones. That said, it should have taken longer than 22 seconds.

StoopTroup
12/6/2009, 10:52 AM
There is no replay hood in college. All of the video review is done by the "replay official" in the press box. The final ruling is simply relayed to the official on the field via those headphones. That said, it should have taken longer than 22 seconds.

Ahhh...your right about the hood.

Yeah....22 seconds though. Quite a huge decision rested on 22 seconds. During the aggie game this year in Norman...there were at least two reviews that I could have gone out to my car for a beer during them and those didn't have game winning decisions hanging on them.

Partial Qualifier
12/6/2009, 10:55 AM
you guys are killing me. What decision was there to be made??

The ref asked "how much time was on the clock when the ball landed out of bounds?" The dood upstairs said "well let me look.....1 second". 22 seconds for that to transpire sounds about right.

Again... Nebraska didn't have to usher Texas all the way upfield to the NU 35 yard line.... but they did.

StoopTroup
12/6/2009, 10:58 AM
Who's the Official Time keeper? The booth? The stadium clock? mack brown?

I know it wasn't Bo Pelini. :D

Jacie
12/6/2009, 11:18 AM
OTOH, for a few seconds the look on Ponyboy's face when he thought he had screwed the pooch was priceless!

Blues1
12/6/2009, 11:21 AM
OTOH, for a few seconds the look on Ponyboy's face when he thought he had screwed the pooch was priceless!

Amen ---Then later HE KNEW there was Time Left on the Clock -- Give Me a Break.... !!!!

StoopTroup
12/6/2009, 11:22 AM
I'm keeping that Game on my DVR just for the look on his face.....lol

okcusooner
12/6/2009, 12:12 PM

The ref asked "how much time was on the clock when the ball landed out of bounds?" The dood upstairs said "well let me look.....1 second". 22 seconds for that to transpire sounds about right.

Again... Nebraska didn't have to usher Texas all the way upfield to the NU 35 yard line.... but they did.

At last a voice of reason.

I've heard the exact same hand-wringing, crying, and whining from Sooner fans that we accused Longhorn fans of last year.

Kicking the ball out of bounds was the killer.

Many are whining about time left on the clock not being reviewable. They have convinced me they are right. However, there clearly was one second left on the clock. No doubt about it.

Is it not better to have the game decided on the merits of both teams? Let Texas have the one second. Nebraska has the chance to block it. Texas has the chance to snap, hold, and kick it. The game gets to be decided on the field according to the talents of the players.

Unfortunately Hunter Lawrence did what he's been doing all year.

This was a fortuitous instance where the spirit of the game was better served by a misapplication of the replay rule.

I'm sure if it were OU in Texas' shoes last night, there wouldn't be floods of posts about how the honorable thing to do would be to vacate the win.

Trust me. You can still hate Texas and act like a grown-up.

GimmeRed
12/6/2009, 12:19 PM

This ^^^^

Kanalic has been kicking it 8 yards deep all game and has one of the strongest legs in D1. Just let it fly.

5thYearSooner
12/6/2009, 03:02 PM
Amen ---Then later HE KNEW there was Time Left on the Clock -- Give Me a Break.... !!!!

Tebrow Crying on Sidelines, Pony boy chating verses closing his eyes on sidelines looking for divine intervention(No Tejas didtn win cuz of DI).
Just remembering SamBradford's composure and demeanor after tough losses and injuries.
Wonder what he is thinking!