PDA

View Full Version : Clock Review and End of Game is NOT REVIEWABLE BY RULES

landrun
12/6/2009, 12:13 AM
Interesting post on Nebraska's rivals site.
You can NOT review end of game by rules!!

Nebraska should do something about this. In fact, EVERY SCHOOL in the Bix XII that is sick of Tejas being given game should insist that this be corrected!

http://nebraska.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=181&tid=129019367&mid=129019367&sid=928&style=2

Section 3. Reviewable Plays
Side Line, Goal Line, End Line
Article 1. Reviewable plays governed by a sideline, goal line or an end line include:
a. Scoring plays, including a runner in possession of a live ball breaking the plane of a goal line.
b. A pass ruled complete, incomplete or intercepted at a side line, goal line or an end line.
c. A runner or pass receiver ruled in or out of bounds.
d. Recovery of a loose ball in or out of bounds in the field of play or an end zone.
Passes
Article 2. Reviewable plays involving passes include:
a. A pass ruled complete, incomplete or intercepted anywhere in the field of play or an end zone.
b. A legal forward pass touched by an ineligible receiver.
c. A legal forward pass touched by a defensive player.
d. A fumble ruled on the part of a potential passer. (Note: If the on-field ruling is forward pass and the pass is incomplete, the play is not reviewable).
e. A forward pass or forward handing ruled when a runner is beyond the line of scrimmage.
f. A forward pass or forward handing ruled after a change of possession.
g. A pass ruled forward or backward when thrown from behind the line of scrimmage. (Exception: If the pass is ruled forward and is incomplete, the play is not reviewable).
Miscellaneous
Article 3. Miscellaneous reviewable plays include:
a. A runner judged to have been not down by rule. (Note: If a runner is ruled down, the play is not reviewable).
b. A runner's forward progress with respect to a first down.
c. Touching of any type kick by any player.
d. The number of players participating by either team during a live ball.
e. A scrimmage kicker beyond the line of scrimmage when the ball is kicked.
f. Clock adjustment when a ruling on the field is reversed.
g. A fumble recovery by a Team A player during fourth down or a try and before any change of possession.

Link: http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=1522906

colinreturn
12/6/2009, 12:19 AM
hmmm...

Collier11
12/6/2009, 12:20 AM
it is reviewable im pretty sure, if Nebbish hadnt kicked it out of bounds they win anyway

rainiersooner
12/6/2009, 12:20 AM
Was there a ruling on the field about the clock?

JLEW1818
12/6/2009, 12:21 AM
i still don't think McCoy realized how much time was left

when he gets back to his bunk bed tonight with Ship.. they are a gonna say holy ****

Mr. Nuke
12/6/2009, 12:21 AM
Nothing was announced. The clock hit zero, Nebraska hit the field, and the officials immediately announced the play was under review.

sooneron
12/6/2009, 12:23 AM
It didn't really seem that whether time had expired was the question. You could tell that the ref knew there was at least a second left. That, or he's another Christal or Bible relative. I think the only reason they put it to the booth was to see how much time was left, not whether or not there was time left on the clock.

AlbqSooner
This completes your post:

"Plays Not Reviewable
Article 4. No other plays or officiating decisions are reviewable."

Nebraska got screwed and the whorns do NOT belong in the MNC game.

StoopTroup
There's a couple of dip****s on this board that should read this IMO.

JLEW1818
he is the best ref in the big 12 in my opinion

landrun
And there is no way the clock stops the instant the ball hits the ground out of bounds. That NEVER happens.... except when it cost Texas a game being officiated by Big XII officials.

GrapevineSooner
12/6/2009, 12:24 AM

Well, the referee almost immediately waved the Huskers to go back to their bench right after the call.

And FWIW, I don't understand how a play like that COULD NOT be reviewed.

The ball hit the ground with 1 second left. End of review.

And like Collier said, Nebbish set themselves up for fail by kicking the ball out of bounds. Perhaps Texas still drives down the field and kicks the game winning FG starting from the 20 as opposed to the 40. We don't know.

But the Huskers choked after going up on the FG.

Stitch Face
12/6/2009, 12:26 AM
Does the play end when the official retroactively decides it ends or when the whistle blows?

Sasakwa
You could tell that the ref knew there was at least a second left.

Yeah, he immediately walked out there to address it. It doesn't take 4 seconds for a ball to go out of bounds.

JLEW1818
i honestly was yelling for the Nebraska guy to not touch Colt

when i saw the clock keep ticking

Sasakwa
12/6/2009, 12:28 AM
Does the play end when the official retroactively decides it ends or when the whistle blows?

On the replay you could here the whistle while time was still on the clock, at least 1 second, maybe more.

NU's kicker was kicking them into the EZ all night, why try to angle one? The fre 15 with the horse collar helped too.

JLEW1818
12/6/2009, 12:30 AM
we got ****ed so hard this year

StoopTroup
12/6/2009, 12:31 AM
Go back and watch the last 11 seconds again.

The refs blow the whistle. There's 0:00 on the clock. mack starts shaking his head and puts his index finger in the air....Pelini starts to walk out onto the field and puts both hands in the air like he just won...

The Ref runs out to mid-field and says..."The previous play is under further review!"

It's not reviewable.

GAME OVER!

Sooner04
12/6/2009, 12:54 AM
Every single play in college football is under review.

rawlingsHOH
12/6/2009, 12:57 AM
Besides the kickoff to Texas, where it was ruled down at the 1. :)

Mr. Nuke
12/6/2009, 01:01 AM
Yes, but not every aspect of every play can be reviewed and overturned. There does appear to be 2008 rule book addition pertaining to this situation though.

ARTICLE 6. No other plays or officiating decisions are reviewable. However, the replay official may correct egregious errors, including those involving the game clock, whether or not a play is reviewable. This excludes fouls that are not specifically reviewable (Reviewable fouls: Rules 12-3-2-c and d and 12-3-5-a and 12-3-4-b).
Now egregious errors is a strong wording in my opinion, and I'm not sure if the replay can supersede the officials whistles on the field...

StoopTroup
12/6/2009, 01:01 AM

Which is really to bad. I don't know how many times this year I heard "After further review there was no evidence to overturn the call". Yet tonight....the Ref runs out....pushes both Teams back to the sidelines....makes a quick call and lets the whorns have a shot at the FG.

In other words....they interfered with the game.

We all hoped that Instant Replay would clear up the game and help right bad calls....but is that really what we're seeing?

StoopTroup
12/6/2009, 01:04 AM
Yes, but not every aspect of every play can be reviewed and overturned. There does appear to be 2008 rule book addition pertaining to this situation though.

Now egregious errors is a strong wording in my opinion, and I'm not sure if the replay can supersede the officials whistles on the field...

I feel bad for the Huskers. Brown and his Heisman candidate(?) nearly blew it. If it wasn't for the Refs interceding....the whorns would be flying banners again.

They didn't deserve to beat out TCU or Cincy from going to the MNC.

LRoss
12/6/2009, 01:07 AM
If they're saying they should win because a clearly bad call shouldn't have been reviewed, that's pretty weak.

tulsaoilerfan
12/6/2009, 01:08 AM
The thing i find strange about this call is how many game winning field goals are kicked with time still running on the clock when they go in, yet the clock will run out most of the time even though there should be a couple of seconds left; i compare this out of bounds play and wonder why the game wasn't over?

BoulderSooner79
12/6/2009, 01:14 AM
If it truly wasn't a reviewable play, you'll hear about it on ESPN. But I doubt you will. Maybe that list of what is reviewable pertains to what a coach can challenge? As Sooner04 said - every play is reviewed. It looked like the refs were moving the teams back on the field immediately like they called the clock stopped. Maybe the review was the other way - to see if the clock *had* expired instead of what was called on the field. The clock operator is not the official time and refs adjust the clock all the time when they screw up.

StoopTroup
12/6/2009, 01:14 AM
The thing i find strange about this call is how many game winning field goals are kicked with time still running on the clock when they go in, yet the clock will run out most of the time even though there should be a couple of seconds left; i compare this out of bounds play and wonder why the game wasn't over?

Add to that that the outcome sends a Big XII Team to the National Championship....and you'll understand why the Big XII gave +exas a shot at that FG.

Money baby!

Collier11
12/6/2009, 01:33 AM

This, the clock continued to run when it shouldnt have, the refs did the right thing

Crucifax Autumn
12/6/2009, 01:42 AM
Every play may be under review, but only certain calls are reversable. Otherwise we'd see some crap PI calls reversed and a holding call added to every play.

I'm still just pissed about the entire game. If Nebraska would have had just one playmaker they'd have won. If they had a couple of PI calls not called they'd have won. If they'd kicked the ball inbounds they'd have won. If they'd made one more tackle for loss they'd have won. One more interception and they'd have won. One less horsecollar and they'd have won. One more second and they'd have won. A little harder hit on Colt on the wrist and they'd have won. One less BAD and uncalled for review and they'd have WON!!!!!

texass doesn't deserve the MNC game, which they will surely lose anyway, and they should be voted number 5-6 at best. They barely beat a 7-5 team with half the backups playing offense and should have lost to a team that has less offense than the defense of a 1A high school DEFENSE.

Crucifax Autumn
12/6/2009, 01:43 AM
This, the clock continued to run when it shouldnt have, the refs did the right thing

**** all that. The clock runs an extra few seconds almost every play all year. They should have let it go on the simple general principle that texass is the suckiest undefeated team in the history of sports.

Crucifax Autumn
12/6/2009, 01:44 AM
What's more, if texass had lost then we could tell the sheephumpers that not only were they booted out of the BCS bowls by us, but they were double booted! lmao

BoulderSooner79
12/6/2009, 01:48 AM
**** all that. The clock runs an extra few seconds almost every play all year. They should have let it go on the simple general principle that texass is the suckiest undefeated team in the history of sports.

While I agree philosophically ;) the call was correct. If it I ask myself how would I feel if it was OU instead of UT, I'm saying dang right there was time left. And then we would miss he FG :(

btk108
12/6/2009, 01:54 AM
what's done is done......only solace is that TX goes to bed tonigh with that sick feeling knowing they skated by all year and the a** whooping is coming.

StoopTroup
12/6/2009, 01:54 AM
Correct or not....

Can you believe that a bunch like the whorns, who think they got cheated last year, had a legitimate shot at not only another play...but a FG to win without having to leave it to a Referee to give them a shot at the win?

You have guys like mack brown, Greg Davis and a Senior QB that mack is touting for the Heisman....and they almost blow a last chance drive to beat a Team they should have easily beat?

Philosophically....they suck balls....lol

sooner59
12/6/2009, 01:57 AM
Damn. I just wish that drive that ended with a 2nd Lee pick in the endzone would have been managed better. In the first half, Nebraska blocked the punt and then threw it to the endzone and got it picked. If they run the ball 3 times, they are kicking prolly a 40 yard FG and they may win the game ultimately. I got so mad that they f***ed up that field position when it was obvious that they were inept on offense.

btk108
12/6/2009, 02:00 AM
ST.....Texass world is fixing to come crashing down around them...just like ours did this season....sunshine pumpers tell ya everything is alright....but when it comes to the nut cuttin....you realize all is not right.

StoopTroup
12/6/2009, 02:03 AM
If the BCS and voters hammer them....they deserve what they get too.

* for 2009 would satisfy me as much as * for 2008 did.

It's really all they deserve.

JLEW1818
12/6/2009, 02:05 AM
texas is too far ahead in the computers... and with Florida losing.. it will only help texas more in the computers.. Florida will take away from TCU still. just watch

**** this season, and **** 2009 football

TheUnnamedSooner
12/6/2009, 02:08 AM
Add to that that the outcome sends a Big XII Team to the National Championship....and you'll understand why the Big XII gave +exas a shot at that FG.

Money baby!

If it was about money the refs would have given the game to neb.

2 teams in bcs bowls > 1 team in natl title game

StoopTroup
12/6/2009, 02:09 AM
If it was about money the refs would have given the game to neb.

2 teams in bcs bowls > 1 team in natl title game

I think your giving them way to much credit for a scenario like that.

JLEW1818
12/6/2009, 02:11 AM
i don't think the refs had enough time to think about it.. honestly

TheUnnamedSooner
12/6/2009, 02:15 AM
I think your giving them way to much credit for a scenario like that.

What do you mean? Neb wins they get auto berth. No way a 12-1 Texas team doesn't get an at large.

Crucifax Autumn
12/6/2009, 02:20 AM
I think we can all agree that texass is FAR overrated, doesn't deserve the MNC game, and is coached and quarterbacked by a couple of clap happy little bitches that cried more last year than teblow into his pillow tonight.

StoopTroup
12/6/2009, 02:21 AM
I think most of us can agree.....lol

StoopTroup
12/6/2009, 02:23 AM
What do you mean? Neb wins they get auto berth. No way a 12-1 Texas team doesn't get an at large.

I mean....

That Ref started running to the middle of the field like he had money on the game or he wouldn't ever here the end of it if he didn't make that call.

I think he was ****ting his drawers.

badger
12/6/2009, 08:52 AM
You know what happens if the call goes the other way? Texas fans bitch that "technically" they had a second left and could kick a FG. The rest of the world, however, knows that they didn't deserve it and justice was done. TCU or Cincy plays for the MNC and all is right with the world. Even the Texas fans would melt down, saying they didn't deserve it and they suck for being in that position.

If that second gets put back on the clock, how about all the other times where a few extra seconds run off the clock? How much time would Nebbish have had to drive or return a kickoff or whatever? Why not review all of those?

IronHorseSooner
12/6/2009, 08:58 AM
You know what happens if the call goes the other way? Texas fans bitch that "technically" they had a second left and could kick a FG. The rest of the world, however, knows that they didn't deserve it and justice was done. TCU or Cincy plays for the MNC and all is right with the world. Even the Texas fans would melt down, saying they didn't deserve it and they suck for being in that position.

If that second gets put back on the clock, how about all the other times where a few extra seconds run off the clock? How much time would Nebbish have had to drive or return a kickoff or whatever? Why not review all of those?

Because they are texa$$. That's actually how my Arky friends spell the Bonghorns' name.

Sooner-N-KS
12/6/2009, 09:14 AM
Now that I think back about it........doesn't it seem strange how quickly the officials were telling Pelini to get back off the field? There was no time on the clock, and the officials on the field had no reason to believe there should still be time on the clock. Yet they were still telling Nebraska that this game isn't over yet.

SoonerBacker
12/6/2009, 09:16 AM
Question: Isn't the official time kept on the field? Otherwise, how could you have those numerous scenarios where a Ref will stop play and announce that the game clock needs to be adjusted. If this is true and the "official" time is kept on the field, why would there need to be a booth review?

SoonerShark
12/6/2009, 09:25 AM
Especially TCU and perhaps Cincinnati are both better than Texas. If Oklahoma's quarterback and superb tight end had been healthy UT would have lost by 20 to Oklahoma in October. Notice that each of UT's conference championship wins have never been in the Kansas City area where it is actually December-like weather and where Oklahoma played for the championship in frigid weather in 2000, 2003, 2004, 2006 and 2008 against Big XII North teams. Of course, Steers lack certain male appendages. It benefited by a down year in the conference. Overall, college football's teams were just weaker this year. Perhaps it should be like the Oscar's new rule if there are not worthwhile songs then an Oscar for best song just won't be given.

meoveryouxinfinity
12/6/2009, 09:26 AM
If they're saying they should win because a clearly bad call shouldn't have been reviewed, that's pretty weak.

Time runs out on the field ALL THE TIME. The other team storms the field.The other coach look ups like WTF happened to my 3 seconds? Referees head to the locker room. I've never seen them do this.

They gave this one to Texas.

SoonerShark
12/6/2009, 09:28 AM
Since Steers cannot breed they must recruit, which requires money and cult like recruiting. Apparently, recruits include folks in stripes.

TXBOOMER
12/6/2009, 09:30 AM
Go back and watch the last 11 seconds again.

The refs blow the whistle. There's 0:00 on the clock. mack starts shaking his head and puts his index finger in the air....Pelini starts to walk out onto the field and puts both hands in the air like he just won...

The Ref runs out to mid-field and says..."The previous play is under further review!"

It's not reviewable.

GAME OVER!

Absolutely Correct! The clock is stopped after the ref signals stop the clock and the timekeeper stops the clock. Not immediately when the ball hits the ground. PERIOD texass got another gift from the zebras.

GrapevineSooner
12/6/2009, 09:36 AM
There's an 'intent to blow' joke in here somewhere. I'll see if I can find it for you all.

TMcGee86
12/6/2009, 10:07 AM
ST.....Texass world is fixing to come crashing down around them...just like ours did this season....sunshine pumpers tell ya everything is alright....but when it comes to the nut cuttin....you realize all is not right.

It is hilarious listening to my whorn friends when I ask about next year. They think losing their only two offensive weapons along with most of their OL will be no big deal.

"we reload, no rebuild..." yada yada yada.

We'll see.

IronHorseSooner
12/6/2009, 10:13 AM
It is hilarious listening to my whorn friends when I ask about next year. They think losing their only two offensive weapons along with most of their OL will be no big deal.

"we reload, no rebuild..." yada yada yada.

We'll see.

They lose the three guys who routinely save their bacon- McCoy, Shipley, and Lawrence. I fully believe that their season next year, will look at lot like OUrs this year. The same goes for FLA. With both of them, their receivers looked like OUrs yesterday. Both teams had easy passes dropped and dumb special teams plays. The chickens are coming home to roost on both of them!

SoonerBacker
12/6/2009, 10:17 AM
Given the way the game ended, do you think * will put an * next to this Big XII Champioinship? They ought to!

Sooner04
12/6/2009, 10:40 AM
Notice that each of UT's conference championship wins have never been in the Kansas City area where it is actually December-like weather and where Oklahoma played for the championship in frigid weather in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006 and 2008 against Big XII North teams.
In 2002 we beat Colorado at Reliant Stadium in Houston.

SoonerBacker
12/6/2009, 10:49 AM

True. But that doesn't change the fact that the Whorns have never had a CCG outside of their home state. saxet has never had to play that game in KC.

SoonerBorn
12/6/2009, 10:51 AM
Question: Isn't the official time kept on the field? Otherwise, how could you have those numerous scenarios where a Ref will stop play and announce that the game clock needs to be adjusted. If this is true and the "official" time is kept on the field, why would there need to be a booth review?

Good question. I usually hear the refs ask that the game clock be adjusted to match what the official timekeeper shows. Do we even know what the official timekeepers ruling was?

No doubt Nebraska made two critical mistakes on that last series, and sealed their own fate. But it looked to me like McCoy made a critical mistake of his own, and the game should have been over.

StoopTroup
12/6/2009, 10:56 AM
I'm a tad biased...:D

But there was a second left per the Stadium clock....but you guys are right about the Official Time Keeper. We'll never know the real answer is my guess and Nebraska and Pelini will have to move on.

We can still hang an * on it IMO. :D

GrapevineSooner
12/6/2009, 11:03 AM
More of Pelini's anger should be directed at the line judge who called those two ridiculous Pass Interference penalties in the second half. Especially the one where the Texas wideout clearly gave up on the play.

In the end, I don't think it'll matter much. I thought Florida would probably edge Bama yesterday. Instead, the elephants kicked Football Jesus' *** up and down the field yesterday. And they'll probably do the same to Texas in about 5 weeks.

jthomasou78
12/6/2009, 11:15 AM
The whistle was blown between one and two seconds left on the clock. I hate Texas as much as the next guy. There is no giant conspiracy. It doesnt matter when the ball hit the ground, it matters when the whistle was blown.

There are plenty of games where the refs run off prematurely, the refs blow it in those circumstances just because that has become the norm, does not mean it is the right thing.

The refs got the call right, and Texas got very lucky.

Ardmore_Sooner
12/6/2009, 11:20 AM
Limitations on Reviewable Plays
ARTICLE 6. No other plays or officiating decisions are reviewable.
However, the replay official may correct egregious errors, including those
involving the game clock, whether or not a play is reviewable. This excludes
fouls that are not specifically reviewable (Reviewable fouls: Rules 12-3-2-c
and d, 12-3-4-b and 12-3-5-a).

Jdog
12/6/2009, 11:39 AM
Isn't this the same jacka$$ officiating crew who call the OSU game. The one that couldn't figure out were the ball was suppose to go or what down it was.
These guys were the lamest bunch of idiots a week ago. Why would the big 12 think they would be any better this week.
Or does the big 12 just not watch the video.
There was a play last night where Sue was being held so badly that the shoulder part of his shoulder pad was pulled up underneath his chin. The guy still made the tackle. and a flag was not thrown,

OU-HSV
12/6/2009, 11:50 AM
The whistle was blown between one and two seconds left on the clock. I hate Texas as much as the next guy. There is no giant conspiracy. It doesnt matter when the ball hit the ground, it matters when the whistle was blown.

There are plenty of games where the refs run off prematurely, the refs blow it in those circumstances just because that has become the norm, does not mean it is the right thing.

The refs got the call right, and Texas got very lucky.

I agree.

And let's not all forget that Neb's dumb *** kicker kicked the kickoff that started that drive out of bounds! If he doesn't do that, chances are Neb could've held texass enough that they would've run themselves out of time or not gotten in field goal range.
Also they let Shipley get that big play and then horse collar tackled him.
I admired Neb's defensive play all game long, but they gotta keep their sh*t together on that drive when the game was on the line...and they didn't do it. It all sucks, the clock, the kick out of bounds, the Shipley play, etc...but when it all comes down to it Nebraska could've prevented that whole situation with the clock from happening by being smarter that series (starting with that kickoff). So yes texass had plenty of luck, but I feel Neb should've been smarter on the last drive. I can't imagine how heartbreaking that loss must be for the Husker nation, I know we would be going nuts. Tough loss.

Soonerus
12/6/2009, 11:52 AM
There was a least one second left, I hate to admit it...

beer4me
12/6/2009, 11:54 AM
Correct or not....

Can you believe that a bunch like the whorns, who think they got cheated last year, had a legitimate shot at not only another play...but a FG to win without having to leave it to a Referee to give them a shot at the win?

You have guys like mack brown, Greg Davis and a Senior QB that mack is touting for the Heisman....and they almost blow a last chance drive to beat a Team they should have easily beat?

Actually....they suck balls....lol

fixed

soonergirl_14
12/6/2009, 11:59 AM
There was still one second whether you want to admit it or not. If that would have happened to us, and they said the game was over y'all would be whining about that too! Get over it. They won. Big deal.

SoonerShark
12/6/2009, 12:17 PM

That should read 2000. Miserable weather in KC in 00, 03, 06 and 08. 04 was nice.

budbarrybob
12/6/2009, 12:20 PM
Get over it. They won.

D-Day: War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.
Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Veritas
12/6/2009, 12:21 PM
It all sucks, the clock, the kick out of bounds, the Shipley play, etc...but when it all comes down to it Nebraska could've prevented that whole situation with the clock from happening by being smarter that series (starting with that kickoff).
This. Without us making two bone-headed plays this :01/1 thing never happens.

SoonerShark
12/6/2009, 12:24 PM
The odd thing was that neither Nebraska nor Texas was among the best teams we played this season, at least not on the day we played them, and they went to the conference championship game. Turnovers, which were self-induced, led to the NU and UT losses. Nebraska was horrible with only 7 first downs and no offensive drive. Do you put more value on the fact that Tech scored so many points against us, or that A&M blew out Tech and we beat A&M by 55 points?

Veritas
12/6/2009, 12:25 PM
**** it, I'm over it.

Let's make a deal. You guys beat Texas like drum next season and we'll beat Texas like a drum next season. We'll meet up in the Big XII game and drink a bunch of beers and just enjoy some good football.

SoonerShark
12/6/2009, 12:30 PM
In the end, I don't think it'll matter much. I thought Florida would probably edge Bama yesterday. Instead, the elephants kicked Football Jesus' *** up and down the field yesterday. And they'll probably do the same to Texas in about 5 weeks.

Alabama is not that good. And Texas is more lucky than good. If not for the kicker, Bama would be a two or three loss team. Of course, if we had a kicker we would be 12-1 or 13-0 if those extra boosts would have kept us with a puncher's chance against Tech since it might have kept Tech from getting on the mental roll against us and Tech is not that good.

OU-HSV
12/6/2009, 12:30 PM
**** it, I'm over it.

Let's make a deal. You guys beat Texas like drum next season and we'll beat Texas like a drum next season. We'll meet up in the Big XII game and drink a bunch of beers and just enjoy some good football.

Sounds like a good deal to me

OU-HSV
12/6/2009, 12:43 PM
**** it, I'm over it.

Oh BTW Veritas..is that Zac Lee dude seriously the best QB the Huskers have. He was terrible...I mean they brought that freshman in for like two plays on their own goal line, then they brought Zac Lee back in. I didn't understand it. And I could not figure out why they stuck with Lee. He really looks bad. Hopefully for your sake they have some solid QB commits this year?

bluedogok
12/6/2009, 12:57 PM
True. But that doesn't change the fact that the Whorns have never had a CCG outside of their home state. saxet has never had to play that game in KC.
Well, they played in the first CCG in St. Louis, but it was a dome and Mackovic was coach at the time. So all but one have been in Texas.

Texas Big 12 CCG appearances (3-2)
1996 - TWA Dome/StL: #3 Nebraska-27 NR Texas-37
1999 - Alamodome: #2 Nebraska-22 #12 Texas-6
2001 - Texas Stadium: #9 Colorado-39 #3 Texas-37
2005 - Reliant Stadium: NR Colorado-3 #2 Texas-70
2009 - Cowboys Stadium

More of Pelini's anger should be directed at the line judge who called those two ridiculous Pass Interference penalties in the second half. Especially the one where the Texas wideout clearly gave up on the play.
Notice those calls were made along the Whorn sideline....

Alabama is not that good. And Texas is more lucky than good. If not for the kicker, Bama would be a two or three loss team. Of course, if we had a kicker we would be 12-1 or 13-0 if those extra boosts would have kept us with a puncher's chance against Tech since it might have kept Tech from getting on the mental roll against us and Tech is not that good.
You have to be lucky as well as good, Bama is among the "best looking" or most complete teams this season, Texas has not looked as complete in any game against decent competition. Give Saban & staff has a month to prepare, I think they will pick apart the Whorns schemes. When you look at what UT has done against good defenses, their offensive inadequacies are very exposed, IF OU or Nebraska had anything resembling a good offense then those would have been losses.

beer4me
12/6/2009, 01:04 PM
Oh BTW Veritas..is that Zac Lee dude seriously the best QB the Huskers have. He was terrible...I mean they brought that freshman in for like two plays on their own goal line, then they brought Zac Lee back in. I didn't understand it. And I could not figure out why they stuck with Lee. He really looks bad. Hopefully for your sake they have some solid QB commits this year?

I questioned that too, I can see bringing in a B/U if you think you need to but sure as shooting I would not have brought him in with their backs against the goal line for crying out loud:mad:

StoopTroup
12/6/2009, 01:06 PM
**** it, I'm over it.

You talk perty. :D

Veritas
12/6/2009, 01:11 PM
Oh BTW Veritas..is that Zac Lee dude seriously the best QB the Huskers have.
Yes. Which is why nobody is calling for Sean Watson's head (the OC). There's just nothing to work with there. Cody Glenn was 2nd string, a true freshman, and I can only assume that he was just too green to put into the situation.

I mean, good lord, we're putting in our (should be) Heisman candidate DT Suh just to try to make something, anything happen offensively. If that isn't a sign of desperation I'm not sure what is. :-/

cvsooner
12/6/2009, 01:22 PM
Absolutely Correct! The clock is stopped after the ref signals stop the clock and the timekeeper stops the clock. Not immediately when the ball hits the ground. PERIOD texass got another gift from the zebras.

Technically, I'd think you could argue in an out-of-bounds pass that the play ends once the ball crosses the sideline. I really don't have a problem with the call, and there probably was one second left. Texas gets more than its share of breaks, and unfortunately they're very good at capitalizing on them.

An early interception led to another field goal. Kicking off out of bounds puts the ball at the 40...the horsecollar tackle adds another 15. Nebraska had this game in the bag and then gave it back, unfortunately.

I'm still not sure McCoy scored on the one touchdown. That was the ruling on the field and not enough evidence to overturn it. But how anybody could call that a TD...that's a far more questionable call, as was the one pass interference call...which led to another field goal.

Also, the play where they put Suh in as the fullback...if Lee keeps it on a bootleg and goes right, while everybody else on the field is going left, he could've scored.

Frustrating. Lots of missed opportunities.

StoopTroup
12/6/2009, 01:24 PM
I'll give it up to the whorn FG kicker. He really had a lot of pressure on him. He deserved the pats on the back last night. He saved their sorry asses.

cvsooner
12/6/2009, 01:25 PM
The odd thing was that neither Nebraska nor Texas was among the best teams we played this season, at least not on the day we played them, and they went to the conference championship game. Turnovers, which were self-induced, led to the NU and UT losses. Nebraska was horrible with only 7 first downs and no offensive drive. Do you put more value on the fact that Tech scored so many points against us, or that A&M blew out Tech and we beat A&M by 55 points?

Tech also blew out Nebraska. Leach put up a lot of points on all three of the best defenses in the Big 12 this year...and then gets totally skunked by A & M. Go figure.

Uncle Ernie
12/6/2009, 01:57 PM
The Bugeaters yanked defeat from the jaws of victory with some help from a foot in the a*ss from the Whorn's kicker. As someone said if we had an offense and the Huskers had an offense... well things would've been different somewhere down the f*cking line for certain. Rooting for tejas is like having a root canal with a Black Decker cordless on low battery power. So 'Bama needs to keep their Tide rolling and grind some Bevo into burger. I don't want to set my neighbor's whorn flag on fire. However their house IS brick.

PLaw
12/6/2009, 02:22 PM
I feel bad for the Huskers. Brown and his Heisman candidate(?) nearly blew it. If it wasn't for the Refs interceding....the whorns would be flying banners again.

They didn't deserve to beat out TCU or Cincy from going to the MNC.

You think Patterson should hire a plane to fly over Austin for the next two weeks with a sign saying: "CLOCK 0:00 12 -10 GAME OVER".

Didn't think so, there is way much more class in Ft. Worth than Austin.

BOOMER

PLaw
12/6/2009, 02:24 PM
Texas gets more than its share of breaks, and unfortunately they're very good at capitalizing on them.

So, is that why they are the BEST COME FROM BEHIND TEAM IN THE COUNTRY, according to Mack????

BOOMER

Sooner Eclipse
12/6/2009, 03:01 PM

Bama's gonna stomp a cow patty flavored mud hole in clappy mack's arse. Ut's offense is ineffective against good defenses and Bama's offense is mostly ball control. They will score some, unlike UN. Bama 35, UT 16

OK2LA
12/6/2009, 03:51 PM
Damn. I just wish that drive that ended with a 2nd Lee pick in the endzone would have been managed better. In the first half, Nebraska blocked the punt and then threw it to the endzone and got it picked. If they run the ball 3 times, they are kicking prolly a 40 yard FG and they may win the game ultimately. I got so mad that they f***ed up that field position when it was obvious that they were inept on offense.

THIS, THIS, THIS!!!