12/6/2009, 12:08 AM
Is Colt out of the picture?

So who wins it?

Q22
12/6/2009, 12:13 AM
Ingram IMO

jumperstop
12/6/2009, 12:14 AM
Colt is out, Ingram probably. I'd vote gerhart.

sooneron
12/6/2009, 12:31 AM
My top 3 would be Ingram, Spiller or Suh. Pretty much all the voters said they were waiting for today's performances, so there you have it.

sooners2win
12/6/2009, 12:32 AM
Marty Gilyard

rawlingsHOH
12/6/2009, 12:59 AM
I'd vote...

1. Suh
2. Gerhart
3. Ingram

JLEW1818
12/6/2009, 01:00 AM
I think Ingram will win

i just dont' want Spiller and Ingram to cancel each other out

tulsaoilerfan
12/6/2009, 01:00 AM
Best player in America is Suh, and it's not even close; unfortunately he plays the wrong position to win it

Curly Bill
12/6/2009, 01:01 AM
Best player in America is Suh, and it's not even close; unfortunately he plays the wrong position to win it

This is true, so the winner is Ingram.

DarrellZero
12/6/2009, 01:02 AM
Colt is out. :)
TBone is out. :)

Suh. Oh hell yeah.

yankee
12/6/2009, 01:04 AM
Colt is out. :)
TBone is out. :)

Suh. Oh hell yeah.

this X 1000

BoulderSooner79
12/6/2009, 01:05 AM

So true - I don't think I've ever seen a DT this dominant before. None of the traditional skill players had great years by normal definition except for Gerhart, but his team was not good enough.

tulsaoilerfan
12/6/2009, 01:10 AM
the 2 games i have watched Suh play he has been the most dominant defensive tackle i have seen probably in my lifetime of watching college football

murray1430
12/6/2009, 01:11 AM
I think Ingram, Mccoy, Suh, Gerhart. Ingram from performance today. McCoy just because they managed to stay undefeated. Suh will get votes because he is so dominant. Gerhart will get votes but will not win because he came on the scene late and team record. I think Ingram wins simply because they play in the SEC and dominated Florida. Again IMO

sooner59
12/6/2009, 01:32 AM
I would vote:

1. Suh
2. Gerhart
3. Ingram
4. Spiller
5. Gilyard

What is "going" to happen?

1. Ingram
2. Gerhart
3. McCoy
4. Tebow
5. Suh

IMO.

Hotrod3157
12/6/2009, 01:38 AM
Best player in the country is Suh by a landslide. Ingram is most likely gonna win it and Gilyard hasn't gotten enough attention he is a special player too.

btk108
12/6/2009, 01:51 AM
Ingram gets it....but Suh ought to be in the mix. Pony Boy and Tebow don't even get honorable mention.

BoulderSooner79
12/6/2009, 01:52 AM
Speaking of Gilyard - is Broyles just a younger version or what? Gosh, i hope Broyles sticks around for another year or 2.

BoulderSooner79
12/6/2009, 01:55 AM
If McCoy get the statue, it will for lifetime achievement - not for what he did this year. They tried to give it to him for big stats against aTm - one of the worst D units in the country. Landry had Heisman-like stats against aTm.

btk108
Speaking of Gilyard - is Broyles just a younger version or what? Gosh, i hope Broyles sticks around for another year or 2.

amen.....spek!

icmwhOU72
OK i am not a texas fan, but you guys are crazy to think mccoy will finish third. He is going to win it because he is a senior qb on a team playing for the naional title. I will say that the fact the alabama has never produced a winner should work in ingrams favor, but the fact that he is a true soph and did not even have the best season out of running backs that are up for it (gerhart). Or in a surprise move, the voters give it to tebow for his exceptional waterworks at the end of the game. I garuntee that he will get votes for the award. He will probably vote for himself.

JLEW1818
12/6/2009, 01:56 AM
Ryan aint NFL ready yet

BoulderSooner79
12/6/2009, 01:58 AM
Ryan aint NFL ready yet

Spek! But he sure is ready to tear up our opponents :D

Flagstaffsooner
12/6/2009, 01:59 AM
Wonder who Sammy will vote for?

Curly Bill
12/6/2009, 02:01 AM
Wonder who Sammy will vote for?

I really, really, really hope he doesn't vote for Colty-boy.

btk108
12/6/2009, 02:03 AM
Slingin Sammy...I know ya read this board on the sly.....PLEASE, PLEASE!...don't vote for pony boy!:D

JLEW1818
12/6/2009, 02:03 AM
no way Sammy will vote for Colt... Stoops will steal his vote b4 that happens

wow................... So Sammy is going to be standing up there and watching.... that sucks.... but not really, still great for him

Leroy Lizard
12/6/2009, 02:05 AM
What about the Fresno State RB? Why isn't he getting any pub?

Crucifax Autumn
12/6/2009, 02:07 AM
Hopefully Ingram since Bama doesn't have any Heismans yet...don't want anyone else gaining ground on us...Already too many other doosh teams with more winners.

sooner59
12/6/2009, 02:09 AM
What about the Fresno State RB? Why isn't he getting any pub?

Sadly he plays for a team that gets no pub, plus fresno hasn't done much this season. Its a messed up system. Its basically a popularity contest a la Homecoming Queen.

sooner59
12/6/2009, 02:12 AM
OK i am not a texas fan, but you guys are crazy to think mccoy will finish third. He is going to win it because he is a senior qb on a team playing for the naional title. I will say that the fact the alabama has never produced a winner should work in ingrams favor, but the fact that he is a true soph and did not even have the best season out of running backs that are up for it (gerhart). Or in a surprise move, the voters give it to tebow for his exceptional waterworks at the end of the game. I garuntee that he will get votes for the award. He will probably vote for himself.

You do realize that in the biggest game of Colt's career, he threw 0 TDS and got picked 3 times, not to mention he nearly single-handedly lost the game for the whorns by almost running the clock out, right?

If anybody votes McCoy over Suh after that game, they should have their votes permanently revoked. Suh had the better game, and the better season. McCoy was given a head start in the preseason and still couldn't bring it home.

lloyd45
12/6/2009, 02:17 AM
Ingram is undeserving. He was benched last week because he wasn't getting anything done against Auburn. And this was before the minor injury. How can a heisman winner be a player who was benched during their rivalry game?

Crucifax Autumn
12/6/2009, 03:21 AM
Colt is even less deserving though. He didn't even start playing that well until halfway through the season and he totally sucked tonight and almost singlehandedly blew their game if not for the dumbazz refs.

sooner59
12/6/2009, 04:10 AM
Ingram is undeserving. He was benched last week because he wasn't getting anything done against Auburn. And this was before the minor injury. How can a heisman winner be a player who was benched during their rivalry game?

During the game today, they said that Ingram was hurt last week, so he lost some hype. Said he got hurt early in the game, then was out.:confused:

TUSooner
12/6/2009, 09:10 AM
Colt is out, Ingram probably. I'd vote gerhart.

yep (at least I hope he's out, but there's no telling how many voters are buying Clappy Mack's spin)

TUSooner
12/6/2009, 09:19 AM
I can almost hear it...
After aTm:

Look at the numbers in this outstanding game [not said - "against a worthless POS opponent"] by our outstanding senior QB! Those are the numbers of a Heisman winner!

After Nebbish:

You can't look at just one game!

JohnnyMack
12/6/2009, 09:24 AM

Go check out the box score from the Florida game. Then get back to us.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/6/2009, 09:26 AM
Spiller or Gerhart should win

misplacedsooner
12/6/2009, 11:35 AM
one day all the voters are gonna get togather and have this great idea...hmmm, wouldnt it be cool to have like say..a d-lineman win this thing?

Lott's Bandana
12/6/2009, 11:56 AM
Gerhart had the old-school Heisman year...unbelievable player on a 4-loss team.

That used to not matter.

BamaSon25
12/6/2009, 11:58 AM

Sorry sir, I must disagree. The reports in the media were incorrect. Ingram got the hip pointer on his first carry from scrimmage against the BARN. In the 4th quarter he had a slight wrist sprain. That said, he was off against AU. Was it the hip thing? Partially I'm sure, but AU had two guys dedicated to stopping Ingram. The idea was to get a helmet on one of them and have Ingram either break the tackle or make the other one miss. He was not successful. This game plan by the Tiggers was great with the exception of one thing and that one thing ultimately cost them the game....Single coverage on Julio.

As for the Heisman... If the criteria is: The player that means the most to his team and has the statistical numbers to back that up, then I think Ingram is deserving of getting a close look. Gerhart is tough and deserves to be there as well. Suh is a man beast but plays the wrong position. McCoy... using the criteria stated above, he deserves to be in the running as does Tebow (even if his numbers are down by comparison). While the stats should put spiller in the running, his conference and his team's record should keep him out. I think Ingram proved last night he is deserving of being in that top spot. Big time players play well in big time games and Ingram did that. Tebow did not, McCoy did not....So, that leaves us with 3 viable choices that should realistically be at the top of the ballotting:

1.)Ingram
2.)Gerhart
3.)Suh

Who will win it? I think William Hung gets it.

RTR and Boomer Sooner!!!!
BamaSon25

stoops the eternal pimp
12/6/2009, 12:27 PM
By what you just said, gerhart should no more be a candidate than spiller..nor suh really

stoops the eternal pimp
12/6/2009, 12:29 PM
Mark ingram is a good back, but he is not the best player, not even the best runningback, in college football

BamaSon25
12/6/2009, 12:33 PM
Like someone else said earlier, it's a popularity contest anyway. Those three I listed are the ones I think should get it, nothing more than my opinion. Ingram, Suh and Gerhart have been consistent all season long, Spiller not so much (then again he was banged up some too). I mean, he's been great just not on par with the 3 I mentioned. They will probably give it Mangino.

Roll Tide and Boomer Sooner!!!1
BamaSon25

BamaSon25
12/6/2009, 12:39 PM
Mark ingram is a good back, but he is not the best player, not even the best runningback, in college football

I'm no different than you would probably be if in my situation. I have a tendency to see with Crimson colored glasses at times. Personally, I think Ingram has put up Heisman type numbers in the toughest run defense conference in the the nation (again, my opinion). I think that should count for something, ya know? Ingram broke the single season rushing record at Alabama this season and that is an accomplishment when you look at who he had to pass to get there. All of this said, I wouldn't be surprised if Ingram doesn't finish in the top 3. The downtown athletic club has a way of overlooking Bama players that make the list.

RTR & Boomer Sooner!!!
BamaSon25

sooneron
12/6/2009, 01:35 PM
Ingram's 6.2 ypc in a defensive minded conference may be what puts him over the top.
Spiller did have more than 2500 apy, tho. I could care less about clemson, but it seems that every time I turned the tv to one of their games he just did something spectacular.

I will admit that I did not watch Gerhart at all except for highlights (which is sadly, how many voters do vote)

stoops the eternal pimp
12/6/2009, 04:36 PM
I'm no different than you would probably be if in my situation. I have a tendency to see with Crimson colored glasses at times. Personally, I think Ingram has put up Heisman type numbers in the toughest run defense conference in the the nation (again, my opinion). I think that should count for something, ya know? Ingram broke the single season rushing record at Alabama this season and that is an accomplishment when you look at who he had to pass to get there. All of this said, I wouldn't be surprised if Ingram doesn't finish in the top 3. The downtown athletic club has a way of overlooking Bama players that make the list.

RTR & Boomer Sooner!!!
BamaSon25

Oh I don't blame you any.. Just many posters sound like espn sportscasters and don't realize there are other guys out there who should be considered..anytime a guy has over 2500 all purpose yards in a season, 9 tds on plays over 50 yards, he most defintely is as deserving as anybody else