PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see the crawl on ESPN?

the_sooners_abide
12/5/2009, 08:29 PM
Sorry for yet another Stoops to Notre Dame thread but right before the B12 Championship kickoff ESPN had a crawl that said "Notre Dame could name new head coach on Sunday...Stoops denies interest."

sooner59
12/5/2009, 08:32 PM
Yeah, but I yawn at this crap now.

The more interesting one was Kansas is looking at Turner Gill.

StoopTroup
12/5/2009, 08:33 PM
ESPN is still hovering around tiger's house trying to get an interview with the tree.

the_sooners_abide
12/5/2009, 08:36 PM
I don't know...its got me worried that ND could possibly name a coach tomorrow. Either its Kelly or could Stoops possibly pull a Les Miles on us?

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/5/2009, 08:56 PM
could Stoops possibly pull a Les Miles on us?

No.

OUmillenium
12/5/2009, 08:58 PM
I could totally see Stoops pulling a MadLester and going to ND.

Hope it doesn't happen though.

okienole3
12/5/2009, 08:58 PM
Phil Fulmer.

DarrellZero
12/5/2009, 09:02 PM
I could totally see Stoops pulling a MadLester and going to ND.

You don't have a very high opinion of our coach's character.

Jeronimo
12/5/2009, 09:21 PM
I got no problem with a coach entertaining other jobs, and even taking other jobs, but if Stoops goes to ND after all this extreme denial of ever being involved with the job, I'm not sure how pissed I will be. I may want to dig a ditch and bury Stoops name in it forever.

OU-HSV
12/5/2009, 09:50 PM
seriously..we needed another thread about this topic?
There's like (at least) 15 other threads regarding this situation

soonerinabilene
12/5/2009, 09:54 PM
can i get an ena ringtone?

SoonerLB
12/5/2009, 10:14 PM
During one of the games this afternoon one of the talking heads said something about the Chicago Sun-Times saying Stoops was taking the ND job. Now I was almost snoozing, but it got my attention for two reasons. First one is how do these "sources" expect to keep any semblance of being reputable? Second, why has both the University and Stoops not just simply held a news conference and made it crystal clear that he is not leaving?

I like to think he is a man of his word (and I hope he IS), but it makes me wonder what is going on in the background, and just where is he and what is he doing that he can't take a small amount of time and put this whole thing to rest? Clearly and absolute! Second hand news stories ain't cuttin' the mustard Bob, some say you're stayin', some say you're leavin', which is it? ;)

soonervegas
12/5/2009, 10:31 PM
The national media isn't complete morons.....not this many times.

ocsooner
12/5/2009, 10:47 PM
The national media isn't complete morons.....not this many times.

Uhhh, yes they are. Have you been listening to anything on TV today?

Doged
12/5/2009, 11:29 PM
During one of the games this afternoon one of the talking heads said something about the Chicago Sun-Times saying Stoops was taking the ND job. Now I was almost snoozing, but it got my attention for two reasons. First one is how do these "sources" expect to keep any semblance of being reputable? Second, why has both the University and Stoops not just simply held a news conference and made it crystal clear that he is not leaving?

I like to think he is a man of his word (and I hope he IS), but it makes me wonder what is going on in the background, and just where is he and what is he doing that he can't take a small amount of time and put this whole thing to rest? Clearly and absolute! Second hand news stories ain't cuttin' the mustard Bob, some say you're stayin', some say you're leavin', which is it? ;)

Actually, Bob said clearly a couple days ago that he isn't going anywhere. Why should he have to keep repeating himself just because the media morons want to throw his name around?

Stitch Face
12/6/2009, 12:47 AM
The funny part on the crawl was when it said "ND may announce new coach as early as Sunday; Bob Stoops considered the leading candidate" followed by "Stoops states he will not be the coach at ND next year."

They must have a really crappy coach-search committee if their "leading candidate" unequivocally states he ain't taking the job.

Crucifax Autumn
12/6/2009, 02:28 AM
espn sucks, domer sucks, tebow sucks, texass sucks, voters suck, computers suck, texass still sucks, mack sucks, SUC sucks, season sucks...