PDA

View Full Version : Bob Stoops: "I will not be the next coach at Notre Dame."

OU86
12/5/2009, 02:40 PM
Linkage (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20091205_92_0_ALNTNe938491)

Pretty definitive, even for ND homers, longhorns, aggy lite, and conspiracy theorists.

Blues1
12/5/2009, 02:45 PM
BY GOD --- that should stop all this crap ---- !!!!!

pappy
12/5/2009, 02:49 PM
read the comments people are leaving on that story...people are stupid.

landrun
12/5/2009, 03:21 PM
No doubt the insightful notre dame fan can see that Stoops didn't say that he wouldn't be the next "head football coach" at notre dame. All he said is that he just will not be the "next coach" at Notre Dame. This means that notre dame is going to hire an assistant swimming coach and Bob will be telling the truth. And indeed will be the next head football coach at Notre Dame.

C'mon fellow sooner fans. Is this not obvious? :D

StoopTroup
12/5/2009, 03:26 PM
OMG....

He's definitely gone. :D ;)

oudivesherpa
12/5/2009, 03:38 PM
No doubt the insightful notre dame fan can see that Stoops didn't say that he wouldn't be the next "head football coach" at notre dame. All he said is that he just will not be the "next coach" at Notre Dame. This means that notre dame is going to hire an assistant swimming coach and Bob will be telling the truth. And indeed will be the next head football coach at Notre Dame.

C'mon fellow sooner fans. Is this not obvious? :D

Landrun, you have been reading too many Notre Dame Fan Forums.
Domers don't get reality mixed up with their visions of greatness.:D

RedstickSooner
12/5/2009, 04:00 PM
OMIGOD, OMIGOD, OMIGOD! THIS MEANS HE'S CONFIRMING HE'LL BE THE COACH *AFTER* THE NEXT COACH! STOOPS TO NOTRE DAME, IN A WHILE! STOOPS TO NOTRE DAME, IN A WHILE!

Sorry for the allcaps :)

OUinFLA
12/5/2009, 05:17 PM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/articleimages/2009/Thumbs/20091205_bobstoopsart1206_package.jpgNO !

OK2LA
12/5/2009, 05:32 PM
The paper also claimed a source said Stoops was doing his "homework" on the Irish and the Oklahoma coach has been "checking with coaches who have worked at Notre Dame to get their take on the program."

I guess I'm the only one a little disturbed by this. If he was "happy" at Oklahoma, why consider this option?

In my mind, it's kind of like "doing some homework" on whether or not to cheat on your wife.

It may very well be that the bloom is off of the rose with his relationship with us? :confused: I really hate to see this.

Crucifax Autumn
12/5/2009, 05:40 PM
Yeah, but the article clearly shows Bob saying that that claim was wrong.

OK2LA
12/5/2009, 05:50 PM
Yeah, but the article clearly shows Bob saying that that claim was wrong.

I hope it is all to do about nothing - like it has appeared to be in the past.

BUT . . .

What would you expect him, or anyone else to say - IF they were considering it?

Have you ever heard a coach openly say that they were interested in a vacancy? They usually either say nothing, or deny, deny, deny . . . and then accept the position.

I hope they name Brian Kelley the coach soon.

soonerlaw
12/5/2009, 06:04 PM
I just hope ND will name their coach soon so we can get off this whole thing. Some say they will name the coach as soon as tomorrow. Once that happens, all the rumors end.

Crucifax Autumn
12/5/2009, 06:18 PM
Kelly said he'd "entertain" their offer. Stoops said no way.

OK2LA
12/5/2009, 06:54 PM
Kelly said he'd "entertain" their offer. Stoops said no way.

I saw that, and that is a little puzzling as well. This guy is going into his conference championship game in the best year ever for the program, and undefeated - and he says that he'd entertain the offer . . . :confused:

Crucifax Autumn
12/5/2009, 07:06 PM
He must be a doosh.

OU86
12/5/2009, 07:12 PM
I hope it is all to do about nothing - like it has appeared to be in the past.

BUT . . .

What would you expect him, or anyone else to say - IF they were considering it?

Have you ever heard a coach openly say that they were interested in a vacancy? They usually either say nothing, or deny, deny, deny . . . and then accept the position.

I hope they name Brian Kelley the coach soon.

The Chicago paper keeps running these reports about Stoops from unnamed "sources." All the stuff about his calling old coaches etc. came out first. Next the Chicago paper had a two-line update that a ND coach could be announced as early as tomorrow and that a "source" said Stoops was still the leading candidate. These prompted the World reporter to get in touch with Stoops, who issued a firm unequivocal denial. After that the Chicago paper changed its website to take down the statement about Stoops' being a leading candidate and instead indicate Stoops' denial. You won't find any of those earlier things about Stoops' negotiating with ND or talking to former coaches on the Chicago site any more.

Also, I would expect a coach to deny rumors only when it's context appropriate - like when a reporter asked Les Miles about LSU right before his OSU team was about to play their bowl game. That's like your friend asking you if you think his girlfriend's pretty while she's standing there. In this context, however, I wouldn't expect Stoops to say "I will not be the next coach at Notre Dame" if he was considering it.

Frozen Sooner
12/5/2009, 07:13 PM
Obviously, Stoops knows that the Irish will hire ANOTHER coach with a fraudulent resume, so when that guy gets fired Stoops steps in for the job.

illinisooner
12/5/2009, 07:55 PM
Stoops isn't a huge <insert your favorite Saban synonym here> like some coaches...I don't think alot of people get that. When I tell my friends that they come back with the "yeah dude, but everyone says that" and bring up that Kelvin Sampson coached at OU. It's a bit sickening actually.

okienole3
12/5/2009, 09:20 PM
It isn't true. It's garbage and the editor who let it in is garbage.

TMcGee86
12/5/2009, 09:50 PM
I gurantee you that source isn't the mother of children.