PDA

View Full Version : Blake Bell

I Am Right
12/4/2009, 06:21 PM
Somebody post the Blake Bell recruiting highlights.

adoniijahsooner
12/4/2009, 06:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEJRH3tnuWY

btk108
12/4/2009, 08:53 PM
I know what I want for Christmas!

A Sooner in Texas
12/4/2009, 10:06 PM
I know what I want for Christmas!

For I Am Right to finally learn how to cut and paste original sources?

;)

KYSooner
12/4/2009, 10:16 PM
Bell? Impressive? Yes.

But who's looking at their receivers? A few of them were making some great catches and breaking tackles as well.

I Am Right
12/6/2009, 02:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEJRH3tnuWY

Thank you.

I Am Right
12/6/2009, 02:22 PM
[QUOTE=A Sooner in Texas;2783850]For I Am Right to finally learn how to cut and paste original sources?

Take it easy A**wipe

soonerhubs
12/6/2009, 02:27 PM
[QUOTE=I Am Right;2786396][QUOTE=A Sooner in Texas;2783850]For I Am Right to finally learn how to cut and paste original sources?

Take it easy A**wipe [Um... quote or something]

Quote Fail. ;)

Lott's Bandana
12/6/2009, 03:15 PM
He has an interesting hop/step before he throws, and a touch of a baseball-like motion.

Runs good too.

Dan Thompson
12/6/2009, 03:26 PM
I hope OU has some running plays for him.

Bonehead
12/6/2009, 03:28 PM
Love the escapability he shows. Haven't seen that in an OU qb in a while.

Curly Bill
12/6/2009, 03:28 PM
Wow, running the zone read and the QB is actually a threat to keep and run the ball. Wonder if KW or Bob will pick up on that novel concept? ;)

BevoAssassin
12/6/2009, 04:20 PM
Quick question...does anyone know when Blake will be at OU? Please God, tell me he's graduating early and coming in the spring.

budbarrybob
12/6/2009, 04:37 PM
Quick question...does anyone know when Blake will be at OU? Please God, tell me he's graduating early and coming in the spring.

he's graduating early and coming in the spring.

But i dont' know if it's true :P

BevoAssassin
12/6/2009, 05:20 PM
he's graduating early and coming in the spring.

But i dont' know if it's true :P

Ummm...I think that's helpful :D

Curly Bill
12/6/2009, 05:44 PM

I think that's what I saw somewhere, but I don't rememeber where, nor how good of a source it was.

SoonersEnFuego
12/6/2009, 06:45 PM
Looks like a Jake Locker type. Hope he can learn to stay in the pocket.

Actually I hope there is a pocket for him to stand in.

TXBOOMER
12/6/2009, 08:15 PM
It doesn't matter when he is coming. LJ will be the starter for the next 3 years. Just ask rawlingsHOH! :)

rawlingsHOH
12/6/2009, 09:20 PM
It doesn't matter when he is coming. LJ will be the starter for the next 3 years. Just ask rawlingsHOH! :)

Best guy starts.

Landry was impressive for a frosh!

proud gonzo
12/6/2009, 09:34 PM
that's the dude from WIchita, right?

Curly Bill
12/6/2009, 09:36 PM
that's the dude from WIchita, right?

Yup, Bishop Carroll HS

Al Gore
12/6/2009, 09:51 PM
I watched Justin McCay play.....stud and big time instant impact player....

soonerhubs
12/6/2009, 10:10 PM
Al Gore sighting!!!!

SoonerMavrick25
12/7/2009, 10:55 AM
Yeah... everyone looks like a friggin' stud in HIGHLIGHT videos... but if yall wanna crown him.. then crown him... I'll wait.

The_Red_Patriot
12/7/2009, 12:09 PM
DON'T PUT ANY STOCK INTO HIGH SCHOOL HIGHLIGHT VIDEOS!!!

It shows the kid has great talent..that's it.

Remember, in high school your are playing a very small percentage of future D-1 athletes.

SoonerLB
12/7/2009, 12:22 PM
I put some stock in to the fact that his dad and uncle are both former NFL players. He comes from good stock. ;)

goingoneight
12/7/2009, 12:58 PM
Wow, running the zone read and the QB is actually a threat to keep and run the ball. Wonder if KW or Bob will pick up on that novel concept? ;)

Until he blows out a knee ala JW. It's the same thing as not putting DM and Ryan Broyles on kickoff returns. They obviously could set NCAA records beside eachother out there, but recent history takes that "threat" out of OUr gameplan. Let's be honest... speed means very little on kick returns, it's about vision and skill. Dom and Mossis have the skill to fumble and run directly into the opponent's coverage inside the 25.

campusdad
12/9/2009, 04:02 PM
He won't be enrolled early he is playing basketball.

Jello Biafra
12/9/2009, 04:05 PM
I put some stock in to the fact that his dad and uncle are both former NFL players. He comes from good stock. ;)

do tell...

campusdad
12/9/2009, 04:17 PM
Mike And Mark Bell both played at Colorado St, Mark played for the Seahawks Mike with the Chiefs.

badger
2/5/2010, 11:38 AM
Good article on Blake Bell today here. (http://newsok.com/love-at-first-sight-for-blake-bell-ou/article/3437011)

"That was one thing I liked about coach Heupel... He can make a quarterback, Sam going in, he was average (as far as recruiting rankings) but he's unbelievable now with what coach Heupel has done with him."

Not sure I would call Sammie average (he just had three sports to worry about in high school, that's all), but definitely underrecruited, hehe. One of Chuck Long's better moments at OU, I'd have to say.

stoopified
2/5/2010, 04:07 PM
Before anybody gets overly excited about Blake,remember this: he only started at QB for ONE season in HS.Not saying he isn't talented but I would say he is still raw in terms of accomplished skill level.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/5/2010, 04:24 PM
After seeing what little I've seen of video and what I've read, I seriously doubt he will be anywhere near ready to run the offense next season...

Like Stoopified said, 1 year of QB at HS level..very raw player..a lot of the plays he made in HS will be turnovers in college...I see a redshirt year coming

stoops the eternal pimp
2/5/2010, 04:25 PM
reminds me of Tony Pike btw....needs some weight and some time

Salt City Sooner
2/5/2010, 06:10 PM
Before anybody gets overly excited about Blake,remember this: he only started at QB for ONE season in HS.Not saying he isn't talented but I would say he is still raw in terms of accomplished skill level.

Last year was Blake's 2nd @ QB. Point stands though, as he's about as raw as this carrot I'm munching on.

goingoneight
2/5/2010, 06:12 PM
Weight? Isn't he like 220?

Agree on the time thing.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/5/2010, 06:17 PM
210..which at his height is too small

gaylordfan1
2/5/2010, 06:23 PM
Yeah, he will redshirt. According to him thats the reason he didn't come during the spring. He will only step on the field during pre-game. Stoops said he was 220 and stated he could end up around 250. That seems too big!

stoops the eternal pimp
2/5/2010, 06:30 PM
not really....Vince Young pushes 240 at 6'5

stoops the eternal pimp
2/5/2010, 06:37 PM
its not so much about the weight amount, but more about filling his frame to be able to take the hits...

He's got a lot of mechanical issues to work through....a lot

badger
2/5/2010, 06:42 PM
Well, even if the kid ain't perfect immediately, we have a few other QB's that are vying for the job immediately... like that kid from Alamo Heights and that one guy from New Mexico with the mustache.... what's his name? Joe Laundry?

stoops the eternal pimp
2/5/2010, 06:46 PM
Im just stating that he is not anywhere near ready to come in and run the offense..some people think he is gonna be ready to play from day 1 and I don't see it

soonerfan69
2/5/2010, 07:59 PM
Landry Jones will be the starter next year he was groomed this past year for it, if he wasn't they would've given the other guy a shot

stoops the eternal pimp
2/5/2010, 08:01 PM
the other guy is a walk on and another is a guy they didn't want to burn a redshirt on

soonerfan69
2/5/2010, 08:21 PM
Well if they thought Landry couldn't handle the job they would've pulled the redshirt and gave the guy his shot

stoops the eternal pimp
2/5/2010, 08:43 PM
Its not a matter of if he could handle the job or not...it was the smart decision to make...

oudavid1
2/5/2010, 09:16 PM
Anyone who thinks Landry is gonna get replaced by Bell is an idiot. Bell will be a true freshman. Oh! And Landry threw more TDs this year than Sammy B did his RS-FR year. The only QB concern is Drew Allen, he will we a RS-FR next season and I've seen a lot of film on this kid and he is really really good and he could transfer.

swardboy
2/5/2010, 11:28 PM
Landry who?

VA Sooner
2/6/2010, 08:06 AM
A starter and two good backups all vying for the starting position....

going to be a good spring game.

picasso
2/6/2010, 08:46 AM
DON'T PUT ANY STOCK INTO HIGH SCHOOL HIGHLIGHT VIDEOS!!!

It shows the kid has great talent..that's it.

Remember, in high school your are playing a very small percentage of future D-1 athletes.

Well yeah, but you can differentiate between someone who just plays well and that of someone with real talent and potential.
I saw a kid play 3 years of Class A ball in Oklahoma and thought he would be great in college. He ended up being an All-WAC running back.

adoniijahsooner
2/6/2010, 10:12 AM
Anyone who thinks Landry is gonna get replaced by Bell is an idiot. Bell will be a true freshman. Oh! And Landry threw more TDs this year than Sammy B did his RS-FR year. The only QB concern is Drew Allen, he will we a RS-FR next season and I've seen a lot of film on this kid and he is really really good and he could transfer.

I know you want to appear clever and all.....but Sam holds the freshman record for touchdown passes in a season. Please do your homework,Sam threw 36 and landry threw 26.

meoveryouxinfinity
2/6/2010, 12:14 PM
Im just stating that he is not anywhere near ready to come in and run the offense..some people think he is gonna be ready to play from day 1 and I don't see it

I'd agree with this. his game seems...well, like a 5A qb in somewhere, Kansas. A good, talented 5A qb in somewhere, Kansas. He isn't fast and he's not going to run around on Big XII defenses like that (probably never). It's good to see a QB who has escapability for when the pocket breaks down but this kid won't become Tim Tebow on the ground. Hopefully he can develop his arm more because if not he probably will never start here. I don't know much about throwing motions but it looked like he was just lofting up a fade into the general direction of the receiver.
Of course in HS I watched Sam Bradford throw over and over again to Kenny Brown so maybe I'm just spoiled. :P

starclassic tama
2/6/2010, 05:16 PM

not true, he started for two seasons.

badger
2/6/2010, 05:38 PM
I don't think Drew Allen will transfer. He knew going in that he probably wouldn't play the 2009 season with Sammie still around. The fact that he has to compete with another guy or two for the starting spot should be expected at OU.

Drew Allen has four years of eligibility left. Blake Bell will probably redshirt.

Landry, well, I really think they were holding him back from his true potential last year in fear of him getting injured and us Finding Nimmo or ripping Drew's redshirt off mid-season.

Three top QBs. Definitely all good reasons to attend the Red-White game.

Sooner13
2/6/2010, 07:29 PM
I don't think Drew Allen will transfer. He knew going in that he probably wouldn't play the 2009 season with Sammie still around. The fact that he has to compete with another guy or two for the starting spot should be expected at OU.

Drew Allen has four years of eligibility left. Blake Bell will probably redshirt.

Landry, well, I really think they were holding him back from his true potential last year in fear of him getting injured and us Finding Nimmo or ripping Drew's redshirt off mid-season.

Three top QBs. Definitely all good reasons to attend the Red-White game.

Wait, Bell won't be here until this summer will he?

Collier11
2/6/2010, 07:32 PM
nope

MeMyself&Me
2/7/2010, 01:37 AM
Landry will be the starter next year. Blake won't be ready and unless Allen shows he's more of a stud than anyone thinks, Landry will have it.

I would not be surprised to see Allen transfer at some point (or even Blake at some point if Allen stays and Blake can't pass Allen on the dept chart) because the situation isn't exactly the same as when Allen signed on to play at OU. When Allen came in, it looked as if Sammy would be the starter for the entire 2009 year and that Allen and and Jones would be competing for the starting role on equal footing with regards to experience. That has changed now and Jones has a definite advantage.

If Allen can't beat out Jones this year, he doesn't have much of a future as a starter here so I think he'll be looking for greener pastures. Just the way it works.

Collier11
2/7/2010, 02:24 AM
Landry will be the starter but Allen will be ready, I hear the coaches really like him