PDA

View Full Version : Latest ~ Sun Bowl OU vs Someone else...

Blues1
12/4/2009, 01:41 PM
Scroll Down and see The Latest Projection....

CBS Now say's......Shows Oregon State in TWO Bowls --- ??
And Where Is California --- ???

GMAC Jan. 6 Mobile, Ala. ESPN 7 p.m. MAC vs. ACC No. 9 Central Michigan vs. Notre Dame*
Alamo Jan. 2 San Antonio ESPN 9 p.m. Big Ten No. 4/5 vs. Big 12 Michigan State vs. Texas Tech
Liberty Jan. 2 Memphis, Tenn. ESPN 5:30 p.m. C-USA No. 1 vs. SEC East Carolina vs. Arkansas
Cotton Jan. 2 Dallas FOX 2 p.m. Big 12 No. 2 vs. SEC Oklahoma State vs. Mississippi
Papajohns.com Jan. 2 Birmingham, Ala. ESPN 2 p.m. Big East vs. SEC South Florida vs. South Carolina
International Jan. 2 Toronto ESPN2 Noon Big East vs. MAC Connecticut vs. Temple
Gator Jan. 1 Jacksonville, Fla. CBS 1 p.m. ACC No. 3 vs. Big East/Big 12 Florida State vs. West Virginia
Capital One Jan. 1 Orlando, Fla. ABC 1 p.m. Big Ten No. 2 vs. SEC No. 2 Penn State vs. LSU
Outback Jan. 1 Tampa, Fla. ESPN 11 a.m. Big Ten No. 3 vs. SEC Wisconsin vs. Auburn
Chick-fil-A Dec. 31 Atlanta ESPN 7:30 p.m. SEC vs. ACC No. 2 Tennessee vs. Virginia Tech
Insight Dec. 31 Tempe, Ariz. NFL Net. 5:30 p.m. Big Ten No. 6 vs. Big 12 No. 6 Minnesota vs. Missouri
Texas Dec. 31 Houston ESPN 3:30 p.m. Big 12 No. 8 vs. Navy Texas A&M vs. Navy

** Sun Dec. 31 El Paso, Tex. CBS Noon Pac-10 No. 3 vs. Big 12/Big East Oregon State vs. Oklahoma

Armed Forces Dec. 31 Fort Worth, Tex. ESPN Noon MWC vs. C-USA Air Force vs. Houston
Holiday Dec. 30 San Diego, Calif. ESPN 8 p.m. Pac-10 No. 2 vs. Big 12 No. 3 Southern California vs. Nebraska
Humanitarian Dec. 30 Boise, Idaho ESPN 4:30 p.m. WAC vs. MWC Idaho vs. Bowling Green*
Champs Sports Dec. 29 Orlando, Fla. ESPN 8 p.m. ACC No. 4 vs. Big Ten No. 4/5 Miami (Fla.) vs. Northwestern
EagleBank Dec. 29 Washington D.C. ESPN 4:30 p.m. Army vs. ACC No. 8 Marshall* vs. Northern Illinois*
Independence Dec. 28 Shreveport, La. ESPN 5 p.m. Big 12 vs. SEC Iowa State vs. Georgia
Music City Dec. 27 Nashville, Tenn. ESPN 8:15 p.m. SEC vs. ACC No. 5/6/7 Kentucky vs. Clemson
Emerald Dec. 26 San Francisco ESPN 8:30 p.m. ACC No. 5/6/7 vs. Pac-10 Boston College vs. Stanford
Meineke Car Care Dec. 26 Charlotte, N.C. ESPN 4 p.m. ACC No. 5/6/7 vs. Big East No. 3 North Carolina vs. Pittsburgh
Pizza Dec. 26 Detroit, Mich. ESPN 5 p.m. MAC vs. Big Ten No. 7 Ohio vs. Middle Tennessee State*
Hawaii Dec. 24 Honolulu ESPN 8 p.m. WAC vs. C-USA Fresno State vs. SMU
Poinsettia Dec. 23 San Diego, Calif. ESPN 8 p.m. MWC vs. Pac-10 No. 6 Utah vs. Arizona

***Maaco Dec. 22 Las Vegas, Nev. ESPN 8 p.m. Pac-10 vs. MWC No. 1 Oregon State vs. BYU ----????

New Orleans Dec. 20 New Orleans ESPN 8 p.m. Sun Belt No. 1 vs. C-USA Troy vs. Southern Miss
St. Petersburg Dec. 19 St. Petersburg, Fla. ESPN 8 p.m. Big East vs. C-USA Rutgers vs. UCF
New Mexico Dec. 19 Albuquerque, N.M. ESPN 4:30 p.m. MWC vs. WAC Wyoming vs. Nevada

Teams in bold have accepted bids. If Army is bowl-eligible, it will play in the EagleBank Bowl. If not, a C-USA team can replace it. Navy is slated to play in the Texas Bowl if it is bowl-eligible. The Sun Belt has a deal with the St. Petersburg Bowl if C-USA can not fill its selections

ouduckhunter
12/4/2009, 01:50 PM
Cripes, I hope that we don't play Oregon State!

We have lots of Beaver friends, go to some of their games, etc. Beaver fans are good folk, and they share our hatred X 10 of all things Duck related. I don't think that they're going to like us much though after the Sooners put a beat down on them in a bowl game!

We have pitied the Beavs every year that they go to the Sun Bowl (they are regulars in El Paso), and now it looks like the Sooners could be there too. Wierd year in college football for sure!

Boomer!!

Blues1
12/4/2009, 01:54 PM
I'm Still Hope ~~~ Arizona Beats USC and that could Put usc in the Sun Bowl...??

ELP Sooner
12/4/2009, 01:54 PM
www.elpasotimes.com

USC is out
The Brut Sun Bowl has likely lost one half of a dream matchup.

Oregon held off rival Oregon State 37-33 in a thriller Thursday night at Autzen Stadium in Eugene, Ore. For the Sun Bowl, it means goodbye, USC.

With the win, the Ducks secure the Pac-10 title and their first Rose Bowl berth since 1995.

More importantly for El Paso, the Oregon win creates a logjam of three-loss teams in the conference behind the Ducks. Some things still have to play out, but assuming California and USC win their games this weekend (both are favored), they'll join Oregon State and Stanford in a four-way tie behind Oregon.

In this scenario, the Pacific Life Holiday Bowl will select USC, leaving the Sun Bowl, which has the third Pac-10 pick, to select from Oregon State, California and Stanford. The Beavers are out because they were in the Sun City last year. So it's between Stanford and Cal. The Golden Bears own the head-to-head advantage over the Cardinal and also would have the better overall record.

Again, a few things still need to play out, but it appears the Sun Bowl has lost USC, which would've likely been matched with Oklahoma of the Big 12 Conference.

Check back in with the Times' Sun Bowl blog during the weekend for more on the Big 12 and the rest of the developing Sun Bowl picture.

oudivesherpa
12/4/2009, 02:04 PM
No hope for the Alamo Bowl? You would think that we would have a better TV rating than Tech and fill more hotel rooms than Tech.

Blues1
12/4/2009, 02:05 PM
Also READ This.....
LINK

http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_13914787?source=most_emailed

boomerinhou
12/4/2009, 04:17 PM
Houston media have reported that Tech officials have indicated the Alamo Bowl is leaning towards them over OU. I think it's anyone's guess. I think OU would bring more people to San Antonio and spend more money.

GEEZ...when is the last time we've had to worry or wonder about which bowl we are going to?? We just need to get back on track with winning Big 12 Championships...problem solved!!

;)

BoulderSooner79
12/4/2009, 04:17 PM
The last team I wanted to see was USC - whew! The teams that did well against them were running teams and that's not OU. Cal or Stanford would be cool - I think we would stack up better against Stanford since they have a lousy pass defense.

ndpruitt03
12/4/2009, 04:19 PM
So if Arizona wins this weekend we might play USC.

cvsooner
12/4/2009, 06:17 PM
USC isn't completely out, but I think Oregon State is, having been to the Sun Bowl twice in the past three years. (And last year's was a thrilling 3-0 win over Pitt...gack.) Holiday Bowl is more likely to grab USC if they win against Arizona. Likely a four-way tie for second in the Pac 10 with Ore. State, Stanford, Cal and USC-Ariz. (assuming Cal beats Washington, but it's in Seattle and they've got Jake Locker...no guarantees there. And Cal won't have Jahvid Best.) The Sun Bowl would like to have OU vs. Cal/Stanford. I think they think USC fans won't travel to the Sun Bowl...and they're probably right.

Real key for us is just what they decide about us vs. Tech in the Alamo Bowl, which probably would be the subject of much debate. The Sun wouldn't mind Tech, either.