PDA

View Full Version : So...it is snowing in Houston

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/4/2009, 11:14 AM
So much for that global warming thingy.

NormanPride
12/4/2009, 11:16 AM

I MOVED NORTH FOR SNOW, DAMMIT. NOW IT SNOWS DOWN SOUTH. ****.

badger
12/4/2009, 11:20 AM
Its in about the 20s here in Tulsa right now. I think there might be snow in the Panhandle.

StoopTroup
12/4/2009, 11:21 AM
This week we're having an Ice Age.

Read some news. :D

49r
12/4/2009, 11:43 AM
Jesus H ****ing Christ on a stick, can we please get a thread merge around here?

How about a "weather news that we call climate news" forum?

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/4/2009, 11:48 AM
It is snowing so hard, I can't see the building next to us. God bless anyone on the roads right now in this city!

NormanPride
12/4/2009, 12:08 PM
YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH, BRIAN.

You know how much I love snow... :(

King Crimson
12/4/2009, 12:45 PM
it was 7 when i woke up. skyrocketed up to 16, with about 7 inches of snow on the ground. Boulder, Colorado.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/4/2009, 12:57 PM
Jesus H ****ing Christ on a stick, can we please get a thread merge around here?

Not a global warming thread, this is a snowing in Houston thread.

My Opinion Matters
12/4/2009, 01:00 PM

Don't you know all things exist in a vacuum? I mean, if dinosaurs ever really existed, why aren't there any velociraptors in the Tulsa Zoo? WHY???

olevetonahill
12/4/2009, 01:01 PM
Not a global warming thread, this is a snowing in Houston thread.

And Sunny an 37 in Wister :D

badger
12/4/2009, 01:03 PM
You know how much I love snow... :(

He loves snow more than me :(

StoopTroup
12/4/2009, 10:59 PM
Don't you know all things exist in a vacuum? I mean, if dinosaurs ever really existed, why aren't there any velociraptors in the Tulsa Zoo? WHY???

That baby giraffe died at the Zoo BTW.

There are worse things than snow and Global Warming.

picasso
12/5/2009, 12:31 AM
it was 7 when i woke up. skyrocketed up to 16, with about 7 inches of snow on the ground. Boulder, Colorado.

Beautiful.

JohnnyMack
12/5/2009, 08:45 AM
I was in Houston yesterday. Was supposed to fly out at 8 last night. Knowing that there was no chance Hobby could manage that snow, we decided to drive home yesterday afternoon. Got home at midnight. And yes, our flight (along with about every other one) ended up getting cancelled.

2Dogs
12/5/2009, 10:22 PM
We were stuck in Houston Friday night. On our way home from Disney. Had to spend the night. All flights to OKC cancelled. Got out this morning.
Thanks global warming, I really didn't need to add more to my credit card after a week at Disney.

fadada1
12/5/2009, 10:31 PM
as of today, houston has had more snow this year than..... ROCHESTER, NY - where i sit right now.

we've had 1 "official" inch.

boomerinhou
12/5/2009, 11:06 PM
Don't know about anyone else, but I spent all day trying to dig out of all the snow. Didn't even make a dent. I might be trapped in my house for weeks!

:rolleyes:

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/6/2009, 12:41 PM
Dang, the snow already melted! I had four weeks of food built up for this snow storm!

Jacie
12/7/2009, 08:10 AM
So much for that global warming thingy.

It is okay to be ignorant. You are not the only one who does not understand the difference between weather versus climate.

Weather are those day-to-day conditions that can vary wildly and exhibit unseasonable conditions.

Climate is the long-term condition.

As for Houston, TX, snow at any time is somewhat rare, 33 events since 1895 (about once every four years). By comparison, where I live it might snow 33 times in a single winter if one considers snow each day a separate event. The latest snowfall in Houston is noteworthy for being the earliest recorded one. Blame it on the jet stream, which controls how far frigid Arctic air can move south before meeting up with that warm, moist air from the Gulf of Mexico.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/7/2009, 10:35 AM
It is okay to be ignorant. You are not the only one who does not understand the difference between weather versus climate.

Weather are those day-to-day conditions that can vary wildly and exhibit unseasonable conditions.

Climate is the long-term condition.

As for Houston, TX, snow at any time is somewhat rare, 33 events since 1895 (about once every four years). By comparison, where I live it might snow 33 times in a single winter if one considers snow each day a separate event. The latest snowfall in Houston is noteworthy for being the earliest recorded one. Blame it on the jet stream, which controls how far frigid Arctic air can move south before meeting up with that warm, moist air from the Gulf of Mexico.

Well, since you didn't get the joke on that...I was a meteorology major. I know the difference between climate and weather, but again, thanks for the lesson. Everything else though, I agree with.

NormanPride
12/7/2009, 12:12 PM
How'd you do on dynamics, huh? :D

I'll take my question off the air.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/7/2009, 12:57 PM
How'd you do on dynamics, huh? :D

I'll take my question off the air.

You got that from Chris, huh? :mad: :D

Now you know why I am in the oil business. HAHA!