PDA

View Full Version : OU vs California ... Any idea

basel90
12/4/2009, 09:15 AM
How do we matchup with California? I am traveling to the USA from my position here in the Middle East for christmas. I was wondering if i go to El Paso which i have never been to , what do i expect to see from OU vs Cal?
We played pretty well against OSU , but i can see California beat some good teams this year . Will we be favored? i am going anyway (What the heck , although i had planned for the cotton bowl at least ) but thought to ask your views on our chances in this game.

Go OU

85sooners
12/4/2009, 09:32 AM
ou will destroy any opponent they dare stick up against them!!!!!!:pop:

soonerlaw
12/4/2009, 10:23 AM
If the players get up for it, it should be a good game. El Paso is also a pretty cool town. Besides the Military Base and UTEP, its picturesque and has some cool restaurants. Go to Toro Burger Bar if you get a chance.

virginiasooner
12/4/2009, 12:54 PM
I've already priced the airfare from BWI to El Paso, and unfortunately the Sun Bowl is out of our reach this year. Maybe some other time. And as long as the officiating crew is NOT the Pac-10*, the Sooners got a shot.

*Yeah, I know it won't be a Pac-10 crew.

Mississippi Sooner
12/4/2009, 01:03 PM
My wife is from the Bay Area and a Cal fan, so we are hoping it will be an OU-Cal match up in the Sun Bowl. It would be the first time the Sooners and Bears will have met since she and I have been together, and it's likely to be quite a scene if and when it happens. Plus, I really feel the Sooners owe the Bears some payback for those two games back in 97 & 98.

It's all still dependent on what happens in the Cal - Washington game this weekend, but I think Cal and OU match up in all the right areas to make for an entertaining game. I can tell you that some Cal fans I've talked to are dreading it a bit because they fear the Sooner defense. They say they haven't seen a defense that big and that fast in the Pac 10.

Cal has had a tendency to look really bad one week and pretty good the next. I thought when Best went out that would be the end of them, but they bounced back stronger than ever. They go from one extreme to the other. Kinda like a certain other team has done this season.

yermom
12/4/2009, 01:06 PM
I've already priced the airfare from BWI to El Paso, and unfortunately the Sun Bowl is out of our reach this year. Maybe some other time. And as long as the officiating crew is NOT the Pac-10*, the Sooners got a shot.

*Yeah, I know it won't be a Pac-10 crew.

yeah, every time i've looked at flights to bowl games, it's been kinda nuts since it's so close to the holidays

although, depending on the dates, it's not too bad from Reagan... not sure if this link works...

http://www.kayak.com/r/S7KlS8

basel90
12/4/2009, 02:05 PM
thank you all for your input .

Blues1
12/4/2009, 02:09 PM
Read this LINK.....

http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_13914787?source=most_emailed

Flagstaffsooner
12/4/2009, 02:36 PM
Read this LINK.....

http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_13914787?source=most_emailed