PDA

View Full Version : You know, it is just not the same when the Sooners...

Soonerus
12/4/2009, 12:40 AM
...are 7-5...It is like losing in the first round of the NCAA b-ball tourney or less...

gaylordfan1
12/4/2009, 12:51 AM
I heard that.... I was about to make a thread about this RUS. It's crazy... actually it's more than crazy it's sad that we don't get to watch our SOONERS play this sat. It's ok though, I will take this down season and enjoy this bowl game and next season even more.

Soonerus
12/4/2009, 12:53 AM
I know, I plan my December to include the Big XII Championship game...honestly, I don't really care this year...

gaylordfan1
12/4/2009, 12:58 AM
Don't lie.... We all care! Or else we wouldn't be on a SOONER FOOTBALL fan website @ MN! What bowl do you think we are headed to RUS?

starclassic tama
12/4/2009, 01:05 AM
gotta take the good with the bad...

am i crazy for thinking we have a shot to compete for a big 12 and national title next year?

the defense should be just as good/better, depending on who comes back. IF and i realize these are huge IFs, we can get better on the o-line and landry makes the normal leap that first year starters make between their first and second years, we could be really really good.

Soonerus
12/4/2009, 01:05 AM
I care about the Sooners, just not the Big XII game...bowl game may end up being Alamo but T.Tech will throw a tortilla if we go to Alamo..

Soonerus
12/4/2009, 01:06 AM
Sooners could be in MNC next year...

unbiasedtruth
12/4/2009, 03:12 AM
as I am 40 minutes from jerry world, I'll be at the game wearing red, Nebraska red. Friends coming down from Nebraska Friday and we are going to the game......

Soonerus
12/4/2009, 03:31 AM
Honestly I am neutral between Texas and Nebraska...

MrJimBeam
12/4/2009, 06:56 AM

I'm about the same way. I'm going to watch semi-final high school games Saturday night.

**** Texas.

adoniijahsooner
12/4/2009, 08:18 AM
I'm about the same way. I'm going to watch semi-final high school games Saturday night.

**** Texas.

Nebraska is my second favorite College team believe it or not. Unless they are playing us, I root for them to beat everyone they play.

OKLA21FAN
12/4/2009, 08:50 AM
as I am 40 minutes from jerry world, I'll be at the game wearing red, Nebraska red. Friends coming down from Nebraska Friday and we are going to the game......

I'll be there wear my 'neutral' white OU hoodie and hope it will at least be a good game. I really don't care who wins.

BermudaSooner
12/4/2009, 09:40 AM

I just don't see how you could be. Assuming you hate them equally, look what happens for the winner. If Nebbish win, big deal they go to Arizona and get beat. If Texas win, they go to the National Championship and could win.

Much greater downside with Texas winning. It isn't even close.

budbarrybob
12/4/2009, 11:51 AM
yeah, having to watch someone else play while OU wasn't even close to winning the B12 south reflects the whole season. Done before it even got started it seems.

PDXsooner
12/4/2009, 11:56 AM
i just can't believe how easy the road was for texas. they truly didn't play one game on their schedule that was worthy of proving themselves a champion. the big 12 was so weak, and OU was a toothless bear.

King Crimson
12/4/2009, 11:59 AM
i just can't believe how easy the road was for texas. they truly didn't play one game on their schedule that was worthy of proving themselves a champion. the big 12 was so weak, and OU was a toothless bear.

Texas never plays anyone OOC. the Ohio State home-home or Arkansas sometimes is about all i can remember that's not the steady diet of SWC also-rans (Rice) and the North Texas and UTEP's of the world. never even leave the state of Texas most years.

freakhorn
12/4/2009, 12:03 PM

and i guess when they beat the corn and win mnc they will have still not beat anyone. at least you will not get your asses caved inthis year in a bcs game.

rawlingsHOH
12/4/2009, 12:12 PM
Texas has played 1 ranked team, Oklahoma State.

Weakest schedule ever.

TXBOOMER
12/4/2009, 12:14 PM

BF! :confused:

sooner n houston
12/4/2009, 12:21 PM
I was talking to Daryl Hunt about this yesterday. He said the current Sooners have lost more games this year than he did in his career at OU! :D

PDXsooner
12/4/2009, 12:43 PM
and i guess when they beat the corn and win mnc they will have still not beat anyone. at least you will not get your asses caved inthis year in a bcs game.

no, actually beating nebraska will not prove anything (trust me, OU's done it 6 times this decade, it's not new to us like it is for you).

and beating florida/bama will be a true, legitimate win. then we'll know you're one of those teams at least capable of stepping up once a year, like boise state or cincinnati....congrats

PLaw
12/4/2009, 10:31 PM
...are 7-5...It is like losing in the first round of the NCAA b-ball tourney or less...

More like going to the NIT.

Bummer