PDA

View Full Version : Why Not Mike??

PLaw
12/2/2009, 11:35 PM
Seriously, why wouldn't ND consider Mike?

He knows how to build a program and restore a blue blood. He could be had at less money than anyone else on the short list. He's been refined.

Why not Mike??

And, why wouldn't Joe C put him at the top of the short list should Bob ever decide he has had enough of OU? Heck, I would pay him a retainer to be OU's "HC in Waiting".

BOOMER

soonerborn30
12/2/2009, 11:38 PM
I just hope Joe C doesn't leave. Bob's stated many times that a big part of the reason he's still here is because of the administration.

ouwasp
12/3/2009, 12:17 AM
Whether it should or not, Mike's family situation may have bearing on a high-profile position like the ND head coach. He went through a messy divorce, right?

Kinda like politics, right? the total package thing?

Not saying I agree, but this came to mind when I read the original post.

silverwheels
12/3/2009, 02:34 AM
Mike doesn't have the...uh...personality for Notre Dame. And he hasn't exactly torn it up at Arizona; yes, he's improved them, but where they were when he got to Tucson...you couldn't go lower. They're still an average program. Maybe if he continues to improve them and leads the Wildcats to their first ever Rose Bowl (they're the only Pac-10 school who hasn't been to Pasadena) in the next few years, he might get looked at for bigger jobs.

And to be honest, I think we could do better as far as the head coach goes if Bob ever leaves.

Leroy Lizard
12/3/2009, 02:56 AM
Far too rough-edged. Mike would have to go 11-1 in his first season to keep everyone off his back. Not a good choice.

TXBOOMER
12/3/2009, 05:52 AM
Is his winning % as good as that of Weis? There is no way they bring in a current head coach that hasn't at least won a conference championship as the head coach.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/3/2009, 09:52 AM
Mike doesn't have the...uh...personality for Notre Dame. And he hasn't exactly torn it up at Arizona; yes, he's improved them, but where they were when he got to Tucson...you couldn't go lower. They're still an average program. Maybe if he continues to improve them and leads the Wildcats to their first ever Rose Bowl (they're the only Pac-10 school who hasn't been to Pasadena) in the next few years, he might get looked at for bigger jobs.

And to be honest, I think we could do better as far as the head coach goes if Bob ever leaves.

This

King Barry's Back
12/3/2009, 10:57 AM
Is his winning % as good as that of Weis? There is no way they bring in a current head coach that hasn't at least won a conference championship as the head coach.

Those idiots hired a high school coach. They hired a walking controversy because he was white, and had to fire him before he even coached spring ball.

I wouldn't put anything past them. They are a bunch of amateurs trying to run a football program.

They could bring in an old mule and honestly I wouldn't be shocked.

Leroy Lizard
12/3/2009, 11:46 AM
They hired a walking controversy because he was white, and had to fire him before he even coached spring ball.

In all fairness to ND, they couldn't have known abut Leary's resume problems.

OUmillenium
12/3/2009, 11:58 AM
Without actually doing some research?