PDA

View Full Version : Brodney's career in jeopardy

rawlingsHOH
12/2/2009, 11:00 PM
Sorry if already mentioned...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4706297

westbrooke
12/2/2009, 11:12 PM
That's terribly sad. It's definitely a good thing that the NFL is paying more attention to concussions and looking out for players' long-term health. I just hope Pool gets good treatment and good advice.

sooner518
12/2/2009, 11:21 PM
that sucks. it seems like there have been alot of concussions this year. or at least the media is talking about it alot more. Hopefully Brodney was smart with his money if this is indeed his last year

Leroy Lizard
12/3/2009, 03:12 AM
That's terribly sad.

Yeah, my brother who just lost his job stopped by, tears streaming down his face about Pool's horrible, horrible fate. Get real.

sooner59
12/3/2009, 03:44 AM
Yeah, my brother who just lost his job stopped by, tears streaming down his face about Pool's horrible, horrible fate. Get real.

Brodney f*** your woman or something? Nothing funny about brain damage. If he is done in the NFL, he is looking for a job just like anybody else. For a Sooner fan, you sure don't give a sh** about Sooners. Nobody talked sh** about your brother.....yet you basically sh** on Brodney Poole. Gotta love it.

Leroy Lizard
12/3/2009, 04:20 AM
For a Sooner fan, you sure don't give a sh** about Sooners.

Oh, quit being so melodramatic. I swear to God you guys worry more about athletes you don't even know than your own family.

Sure, he's going to be out of work. He signed a $5.125 million dollar contract. You won't make that much in your entire life, so I am sure he will manage somehow.

I don't wish any ill will on Brodney. And I don't like to hear about anyone having a career cut short. But if you think for one minute that Brodney has it particularly bad then you have no clue as to how bad things are out there.

Some of you fans need some PERSPECTIVE.

Nobody talked sh** about your brother.....yet you basically sh** on Brodney Poole. Gotta love it.

Nobody talked **** about my brother in here because nobody in here cares about my brother. Why should they? Brodney doesn't care about me. Last year I suffered a concussion... do you think Brodney worried about it? Should he? No. My problems are not his problems.

Leroy Lizard
12/3/2009, 04:35 AM
Sorry, I'm in a bad mood tonight. My brother's problems have me down right now, and the last thing I needed to hear was moaning over a pro athlete's career. I realize that Pool won't be collecting everything from his contract, so things are not as gravy as I indicated. Still...

TXBOOMER
12/3/2009, 05:56 AM
Does anyone know if Brodney has ever been back to OU? I remember, there was some drama when he decided to enter the draft.

King Barry's Back
12/3/2009, 08:56 AM
Sure, he's going to be out of work. He signed a $5.125 million dollar contract. You won't make that much in your entire life, so I am sure he will manage somehow.

Watch it Leroy. I sure could make that much in my lifetime, you know, if I just live a really long-time. And, umm, if I got a raise, umm, pretty soon. :D

Crucifax Autumn
12/3/2009, 09:05 AM
Looks like this thread needs some http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_eLTsJWPa8n8/SdQZ4y1Ph-I/AAAAAAAAAEs/AjrI0Au1L-w/s400/midol.jpg

westbrooke
12/3/2009, 10:44 AM
Sorry, I'm in a bad mood tonight. My brother's problems have me down right now, and the last thing I needed to hear was moaning over a pro athlete's career. I realize that Pool won't be collecting everything from his contract, so things are not as gravy as I indicated. Still...

I'm sorry for your brother. But to be clear, I wasn't talking about Brodney's job. I was talking about his brain. Easy on the trigger finger.

sooneron
12/3/2009, 10:48 AM
"That's too bad for Brodney. I hope he's ok with no side effects."

See LL, that's all you had to say instead of dooshing the thread up.

sooner59
12/3/2009, 02:24 PM

Its cool, I know things can get crazy, sometimes. It just first sounded like you didn't care about his health just because he is in the NFL. I can understand the trigger finger, I basically did the same. Oh and I had a concussion just a few months ago, so I was a little on edge when I interpreted it a you brushing it aside. But I see where you are coming from. Just don't be so cynical. You would be surprised how many people cared about you and would pray for you regardless if you are rich, famous, or just Joe Nobody like me. Oh and don't give up on me making that much in my life. I just need to make it through med-school. Lets hope I don't get many more concussions and cut my career short. :D

Jello Biafra
12/3/2009, 02:44 PM
Last year I suffered a concussion...

no doubt you pizzed an old lady off and she whipped the ugly off you....don't start none, wont be none.

starclassic tama
12/3/2009, 02:48 PM
yeah we all know how much money matters when you have brain damage

Leroy Lizard
12/3/2009, 03:22 PM
no doubt you pizzed an old lady off and she whipped the ugly off you

Who talked?

Leroy Lizard
12/3/2009, 03:23 PM
yeah we all know how much money matters when you have brain damage

How many concussions has Aikman suffered? But if you think for a moment I wouldn't trade places with him...

sooneron
12/3/2009, 03:25 PM
So you're finally admitting being teh ghey? :D

kevpks
12/3/2009, 03:26 PM
How many concussions has Aikman suffered? But if you think for a moment I wouldn't trade places with him...

I wouldn't because it would mean that I would have to announce games with Joe Buck.

Leroy Lizard
12/3/2009, 03:31 PM
You would be surprised how many people cared about you and would pray for you regardless if you are rich, famous, or just Joe Nobody like me.

Sure, those that know me. I can guarantee you that Brodney would not.

And why would he? He doesn't know me from Adam. If I have a problem with my health or finances develop, I wouldn't expect him to worry about it one iota.

So, do I truly care about Brodney's health? Not really.

Am I happy to hear about his problems, or am I making light of them? Absolutely not. (Although I admit not taking his concussions seriously enough.)

Strictly speaking, his problems are of no concern of mine. And that is just being brutally honest. When Brodney worries about my problems, I will worry about his.

I think my neg will hit a shade of red unknown in this universe.

Leroy Lizard
12/3/2009, 03:32 PM
So you're finally admitting being teh ghey?

For Aikman's money? Hmmm.... how low would I be willing to go... :D