PDA

View Full Version : FU Anheuser-Busch-I never liked your crappy beer anyway.

Shamu
12/2/2009, 07:44 PM
Those cheese-eating Europeans sold us out. (http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/provider/providerarticle.aspx?feed=ACBJ&date=20091201&id=10778863)

Anheuser-Busch InBev said Tuesday it has completedthe sale (http://stlouis.bizjournals.com/stlouis/stories/2009/10/05/daily34.html)of its 10 amusement parks to The Blackstone Group in a deal worth up to $2.7 billion.
The purchase price includes a cash payment of $2.3 billion at closing and a right to participate in Blackstone’s return on its initial investment capped at $400 million.
Busch Entertainment Corp., the second-largest entertainment park operator in the United States after Walt Disney Co. with 25,000 employees and 25 million visitors a year, is now known as SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment.
No problem, land friends. Shamu likes his beer stout... like his women.

pilobolus
12/2/2009, 10:10 PM
There's only one Budweiser, or Budvar, and t comes from the Czech Republic.

sooner ngintunr
12/2/2009, 10:49 PM
Budweiser gives you beer shiits.

yermom
12/2/2009, 10:55 PM
i've missed you Shamu

GottaHavePride
12/2/2009, 11:15 PM
Shamu posted! That means it's time for a kegger.

Preferably of Fat Tire. ;)

picasso
12/3/2009, 01:07 AM
Old news.

MrJimBeam
12/3/2009, 07:13 AM
Since AB is dumping stuff how about dumping that nasty azz Bud 55 and that god awful Bud Light Wheat. Euro trash. Keep improving the clean, crisp taste of good old Budweiser. What am I talking about, you can't improve prefection.

The one and only King of Beers. Go Cardinals!

StoopTroup
12/3/2009, 09:16 AM
Shamu's paperboy keeps getting it in the pool. It's not his fault.

Soonerwake
12/3/2009, 09:57 AM
The Blackstone Group owns just about everything anyway. Next, we will see the sale of national parks and the USPS to Blackstone as well.

The a**holes bought the company I worked for 2 yrs ago and promptly sold the OKC division. 200 jobs in OKC, gone. I really like them...:mad:

Shamu
12/3/2009, 10:24 AM
The Blackstone Group owns just about everything anyway. Next, we will see the sale of national parks and the USPS to Blackstone as well.

I'm going to look great on your Mount Rushmore and your stamps.

And your mother.

StoopTroup
12/3/2009, 11:17 AM
It sucks when your Company pisses all over your loyalty.

Shamu pissing on you isn't as bad if your in the pool....just make sure you or your Mother never skinny dips with Shamu.

sooneron
12/3/2009, 11:49 AM
Budweiser succs !

NormanPride
12/3/2009, 11:54 AM
Budweiser has done more stupid spinoff beers than anyone I can think of. Bud 55? Bud Ice? Bud Dry? Bud Select? Bud American Ale? And guess what? They ALL taste terrible. How can one company fail so damn hard?

sooneron
12/3/2009, 11:55 AM
Market share thanks to idiots that don't know a good beer like MrJimBeam above?

StoopTroup
12/3/2009, 01:28 PM
Bud with Ginkgo...

Sounds tasty huh? :D

badger
12/3/2009, 01:37 PM
I went to a SeaWorld park for the first time earlier this year, and was surprised at how much beer was getting sold. Then, I realized that Bud owned the park.

I was also surprised that despite the fact that it was really, really hot and sticky weather, people still wanted to drink beer. A lot of beer. Tee hee.

TUSooner
12/3/2009, 01:46 PM
I was also surprised that despite the fact that it was really, really hot and sticky weather, people still wanted to drink beer. A lot of beer. Tee hee.

See, beer is the perfect illusion of refreshment. :)

Uncle Ernie
12/3/2009, 02:16 PM
Budweiser gives you beer shiits.

You need to eat more possum.

Uncle Ernie
12/3/2009, 02:19 PM
I went to a SeaWorld park for the first time earlier this year, and was surprised at how much beer was getting sold. Then, I realized that Bud owned the park.

As opposed to cold weather and people drinking hot and sticky beer! Eeeeww!:D

NormanPride
12/3/2009, 03:02 PM
No, in cold weather you just drink stronger beer. :D

kbsooner21
12/3/2009, 03:35 PM
Budweiser! Best beer hands down!

GottaHavePride
12/3/2009, 03:46 PM
I'll admit. Budweiser's better than Keystone.

That's about it. If I want a US-brewed beer, Killian's and Shiner are the bottom tier I'll usually go for. I'd rather have Sam Adams / Boulevard / Pyramid / Sierra Nevada / insert your favorite microbrewery here...

JLEW1818
12/3/2009, 03:47 PM
Budweiser! Best beer hands down!

King of Beers

kbsooner21
12/3/2009, 04:58 PM

That's about it. If I want a US-brewed beer, Killian's and Shiner are the bottom tier I'll usually go for. I'd rather have Sam Adams / Boulevard / Pyramid / Sierra Nevada / insert your favorite microbrewery here...

I'm sure you also prefer a bidet over a real sh*tter and probably ask for salt and lime in your domestic beer :D

Viking Kitten
12/3/2009, 05:11 PM
Newsflash: Drinking sh*tty beer doesn't make you more manly. It makes you a drinker of sh*tty beer.

NormanPride
12/3/2009, 05:20 PM

That is hilarious. My parents used to live near Shiner back when they first got married, and it was the worst beer in the world. :D They said you could go down to the local taco shack and get a taco for 5c along with a 10c Shiner. But you didn't want to drink too much or you'd get bad headaches. Of course this was back when they brewed it in boots and ****.

Ha! How far they've come...

yermom
12/3/2009, 05:24 PM
yeah, now it's more expensive...

my go to cheap beer is High Life

Viking Kitten
12/3/2009, 05:27 PM
http://designarchives.aiga.org/img/media/28149_m.jpg

Speaking of Shiner, this is a terrific beer.

NormanPride
12/3/2009, 05:52 PM
Comemorativo and Smokehouse were also excellent.

Viking Kitten
12/3/2009, 05:54 PM
Smokehouse rocks to cook with, it's got a funky flavor when you drink it though...almost medicinal or something. But I swear it makes the best meatloaf ever.

GottaHavePride
12/3/2009, 06:09 PM
I'm sure you also prefer a bidet over a real sh*tter and probably ask for salt and lime in your domestic beer :D

Salt & lime is for pussies. That goes for with tequila shots, too.

And a bidet doesn't replace the toilet. It's for washing your *** off after you're done.

;)

the_ouskull
12/3/2009, 08:38 PM
Shamu posted! That means it's time for a kegger.

Preferably of Fat Tire. ;)

If you find one in Oklahoma, I'll bicycle to the party.

the_ouskull

the_ouskull
12/3/2009, 08:39 PM
Budweiser has done more stupid spinoff beers than anyone I can think of. Bud 55? Bud Ice? Bud Dry? Bud Select? Bud American Ale? And guess what? They ALL taste terrible. How can one company fail so damn hard?

The Golden Wheat or Summer Wheat or whatever crap isn't bad. It tastes kinda like a ghetto Boulevard.

the_ouskull

bluedogok
12/3/2009, 09:29 PM
Smokehouse rocks to cook with, it's got a funky flavor when you drink it though...almost medicinal or something. But I swear it makes the best meatloaf ever.
Yeah, Smokehouse wasn't much of a drinking beer but I do have some on the fridge waiting to be in some chili. Shiner Bock is my "regular" beer, I don't really do the big company beers since I quit going to Incahoots on coin beer night. In fact the last time that I bought some was probably for a softball game before I moved to Austin 6.5 years ago.

If you find one in Oklahoma, I'll bicycle to the party.
I knew of a case up there, of course I brought it up for someone. It is pretty easy to find on tap down here.

Denton_Sooner
12/3/2009, 10:26 PM
Shiner's the most common in my fridge, usually the Black or the Bock...

If Im out, its Guinness...