PDA

View Full Version : Looks like our fans want no part of a second class bowl game.

Sooner24
12/2/2009, 06:24 PM
After the deadline passed to order bowl tickets I got an e-mail extending the deadline another two weeks and today I get this.

Dear Football Season Ticket Holder,

The OU Athletics Department would like to thank you all for your amazing support during this football season. Our 27 – 0 shut-out win over Oklahoma State was a direct result of our fans support.

This winter, you will still have a chance to continue that support and make an impact for your football team, as your Oklahoma Sooners are bowl bound. Your support can directly help the Sooners chances of making the best bowl possible. You may still submit your bowl request online at SoonerSports.com or by returning the form mailed to season ticket holders in November.

Once again, we would like to thank you for all the support you have given this past season. We hope to see you continue that support during bowl season. Don’t forget that the BCS Bowl Selection show will air on Fox on Sunday, December 6th at 7:00 pm (cst). Please feel free to contact the OU Athletics Ticket Office if you have any questions regarding your request at (405) 325 – 2424 or 1(800) 456 – GoOU.

Thank you for your continued support of OU Athletics.

Thank you for your continued support of OU Athletics!

OU Athletics Ticket Office

1185 Asp Ave, Rm 150

Norman, OK 73019
P: (405) 325 - 2424

F: (405) 325 - 8500

[email protected]

"Out in the west Texas town of El Paso there's not a Sooner fan to be found"

kevpks
12/2/2009, 06:32 PM
A half-assed effort by Sooner fans trumps whole-hearted support by the other Big XII fan bases, save Texas and Nebraska.

sooner59
12/2/2009, 06:38 PM
I'm doing my part. I got signed up for bowl tickets yesterday morning.

badger
12/2/2009, 06:58 PM
I don't think any bowl's worried about OU filling a stadium. 2001 was a huge disappointment for us with the Pokes and all, yet we filled the crappy Cotton Bowl in chilly January. Even the blasted Fiesta Bowl for the second year in a row enjoyed huge OU attendance despite the fact that we d@mn well shoulda played for the title that year :mad:

meoveryouxinfinity
12/2/2009, 07:00 PM
students were allowed to buy allotments of TEN tickets.

Scott D
12/2/2009, 07:04 PM
well the way to hear some fans talk this season, anything other than the MNC game is a second class bowl anyway.

sooner518
12/2/2009, 07:10 PM
i would imagine most people would want to know WHERE the bowl is before buying a ticket....

Sooner24
12/2/2009, 07:12 PM
i would imagine most people would want to know WHERE the bowl is before buying a ticket....

You pick the bowls you would like to go to and are only billed for the tickets if we go to that bowl.

yermom
12/2/2009, 07:13 PM
meh. OU generally gives me crappy tickets anyway.

i may or may not try to get tickets from OU

but i think you can back out even once we know where we are going, i think you just get first right of refusal

soonerborn30
12/2/2009, 11:06 PM
Does the BCS selection show announce all the bowl pairings or do we have a form letter that is assuming we're going to the BCS again?

KABOOKIE
12/2/2009, 11:39 PM
Sorry. I honestly could not care less about which bowl OU goes to outside of the BCS champ game.

Remember, the bowls are marketing scheme by universities and the particular bowl board members. In the overall grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. Sure I want OU to win and I will root my team on but, don't ask me to shell out $100 for bowl game that's just going to add a W-L to our overall record.

Playoff bitches.

Leroy Lizard
12/3/2009, 03:08 AM
Remember, the bowls are marketing scheme

Yeah, yeah, what isn't?

Check out the Nike Combat Apparel thread to see the results of a big marketing scheme.

MrJimBeam
12/3/2009, 06:45 AM
don't ask me to shell out $100 for bowl game that's just going to add a W-L to our overall record.

Sun Bowl tickets = $40.00 - $60.00.

KABOOKIE
12/3/2009, 07:39 AM
Not too long ago they were $20-$35 and they'll be some for sale outside the stadium for $10-$15.

There will never be a playoff as long as fans purchase their tickets from the Ath. Dpt.

boomersooner82
12/3/2009, 11:06 AM
Sorry. I honestly could not care less about which bowl OU goes to outside of the BCS champ game.

Remember, the bowls are marketing scheme by universities and the particular bowl board members. In the overall grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. Sure I want OU to win and I will root my team on but, don't ask me to shell out $100 for bowl game that's just going to add a W-L to our overall record.

Playoff bitches.

This

I go to every regular season game, but screw the bowls

tanjou
12/3/2009, 11:56 AM
Maybe people just want to see what bowl Oklahoma plays in, and who they play?

Granted, a good guess can be made in both cases, but relax.

yermom
12/3/2009, 12:04 PM
plus, on one hand i can buy from OU and pay face and sit in the upper end zone, or i can likely go to the game, pay under face and sit on the sideline somewhere

Leroy Lizard
12/3/2009, 12:49 PM
plus, on one hand i can buy from OU and face-sit in the upper end zone, or i can likely go to the game, pay under face and sit on the sideline somewhere

Fixed

KABOOKIE
12/3/2009, 05:43 PM
plus, on one hand i can buy from OU and pay face and sit in the upper end zone, or i can likely go to the game, pay under face and sit on the sideline somewhere

Wurd