PDA

View Full Version : Stoops brothers don't want to "Get It On"

btk108
12/2/2009, 05:02 PM
I would drive to El Paso to see it

http://www.newsok.com/report-sun-bowl-wont-feature-bob-stoops-vs.-mike-stoops/article/3422010?custom_click=headlines_widget

okiedokie
12/2/2009, 07:28 PM
I would like to see this .....

soonerborn30
12/2/2009, 11:37 PM
I love the OSU posters that still talk trash. Those people just amaze me.

StoopTroup
12/3/2009, 09:25 AM
Those People?

Those people?

We call them aggie around here partner! :D ;)

MamaMia
12/3/2009, 10:44 AM
My brothers would totally get off on televised competition. :D

King Barry's Back
12/3/2009, 11:17 AM
My brothers would totally get off on televised competition. :D

Yeah, a lot of brothers would thrive on meeting each other in a bowl game. If Cale ever gets a head gig -- I could see the whole Gundy house going nutso if the two boys ever met each other. (And I would definitely be pulling for Cale, btw.)

The Stoops brothers are different in that regard. If you listen carefully to everything they have said about each other's football careers, it's ALWAYS extremely positive.

When Mike was an assistant, Bob was asked "What if another school comes calling for your brother? You gonna try to keep him?" Bob answered "I would do anything I could to help him get that job."

When OU was preparing to play some California school in a big game a few years back, Mike was asked if he would offer game films to Bob. Mike responded "I would help my brother any way I could."

Also remember Bob helped to make Mike's career by bringing him in Oklahoma, and Mike is trying to help jumpstart Mark's career by having him on staff at AZ.

They always like to cooperate to help each other out.

Also, the whole Stoops clan and extened families have travelled to all the national champ games that the Stoop brothers coached in. They one time got to cheer on all three brothers over four of five BCS title games -- 2000 Orange Bowl (OU - Bob, Mike), 2001 Rose Bowl (Miami - Mark), 2003 Sugar Bowl (OU - Bob), 2004 Orange Bowl (OU - Bob).

I can't say if this is for the press, but it seems genuine for me. They really like to cheer for each other, and would hate to try to beat each other. Maybe in private they go at each other but they don't want that in the public domain.

The fact that both brothers communicated to a bowl game that they would rather not face each other means, to me, it's probably pretty genuine.

I am sorry a lot of the readers got POd about it, but there are a lot of teams either coach could face.

Reminds me a bit of the first time Darryl Royal faced Bud Wilkinson in the Cotton Bowl. He threw up after the game because he hated so badly to beat his old coach.

Why not play somebody you really want to beat?

Blues1
12/3/2009, 11:23 AM
Quote "Why not play somebody you really want to beat?"

Amen Brother ~~~ Like usc ----- :)