PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods, what really happened

Collier11
12/2/2009, 10:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV85rD0gfqo

Collier11
12/2/2009, 10:13 AM
and then apparently what really really happened

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebritynews/news/hear-tiger-panic-to-mistress-my-wife-may-be-calling-you-1970241

Sooner04
12/2/2009, 10:28 AM
Damn! That's his voice.

adoniijahsooner
12/2/2009, 10:29 AM
That was weak by Tiger. When your caught just say so, he sounds like a little rat.

C&CDean
12/2/2009, 10:32 AM
No biggie. It ain't like he's the POTUS or anything. Oh wait, that's no biggie either...MEH.

I'll be curious to see how much Tiger gets raked over the coals on this deal. Especially since he's a semi-outspoken conservative - who happens to be blasian. It'll be interesting.

yermom
12/2/2009, 10:42 AM
Chinegro?

SeattleOUstudent
12/2/2009, 10:46 AM
Well, I guess we have our answers now. Per ESPN,

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=4705945

Tiger Woods, charged with careless driving and fined $164 by Florida authorities on Tuesday and squarely in the crosshairs of the celebrity and tabloid media, issued a statement Wednesday apologizing for his actions.
"I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart," Woods said on his Web site. "I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone.
"Although I am a well-known person and have made my career as a professional athlete, I have been dismayed to realize the full extent of what tabloid scrutiny really means. For the last week, my family and I have been hounded to expose intimate details of our personal lives. The stories in particular that physical violence played any role in the car accident were utterly false and malicious. Elin has always done more to support our family and shown more grace than anyone could possibly expect.
"But no matter how intense curiosity about public figures can be, there is an important and deep principle at stake which is the right to some simple, human measure of privacy. I realize there are some who don't share my view on that. But for me, the virtue of privacy is one that must be protected in matters that are intimate and within one's own family. Personal sins should not require press releases and problems within a family shouldn't have to mean public confessions.
"Whatever regrets I have about letting my family down have been shared with and felt by us alone. I have given this a lot of reflection and thought and I believe that there is a point at which I must stick to that principle even though it's difficult.
"I will strive to be a better person and the husband and father that my family deserves. For all of those who have supported me over the years, I offer my profound apology."
The Web site posting came hours after US Weekly magazine put Woods on its cover, released Wednesday, alleging he has a two-plus-year affair with a Los Angeles cocktail waitress. It also comes comes a week after the National Enquirer reported that Woods had an affair with a New York VIP host -- a charge the woman strongly denies, and less than a week after he was involved in a car accident.
The US Weekly report claims that Jaimee Grubbs has more than 300 text messages from Woods, and the US Weekly Web site posted a voice mail Grubbs says is Woods calling her last week and asking to change the ID on her phone so that his wife wouldn't recognize it.
Grubbs says she met Woods at a Las Vegas nightclub the week after the 2007 Masters -- two months before Woods' wife, Elin Nordegren, gave birth to their first child.
Wednesday morning, the magazine published what it said was a voice mail provided by Grubbs that she said was left by Woods on Nov. 24, three days before his early morning car crash. In the voicemail, a man asks Grubbs to take her name off her phone.

Partial Qualifier
12/2/2009, 10:53 AM
Busted. . . .

Here's what I don't get: He's got a life that's tailor-made for being single. Sheesh, Tiger has the best situation a single guy could ever have. And obviously he's got issues with a 1-woman lifestyle.

Why **** it all up by marrying someone?

Collier11
12/2/2009, 10:58 AM
Thats what I just said to a buddy, when you live that lifestyle why get married before you are 40?

Collier11
I agree that his family life is no ones business but unfortunately thats the life he lives and he should have just came out initially, cleared it up, and been done with it. now that it seems like he has been lying it only comes off worse

OUHOMER
what a dumb ***. looks like his mistress has a tiger by the tail.

yermom
Busted. . . .

Here's what I don't get: He's got a life that's tailor-made for being single. Sheesh, Tiger has the best situation a single guy could ever have. And obviously he's got issues with a 1-woman lifestyle.

Why **** it all up by marrying someone?

can you imagine what a Tiger Woods child support payment would look like?

1890MilesToNorman
12/2/2009, 11:01 AM
I won't be crapping on Tiger unless he pulls an OJ, the man has accomplished more then anyone at the age of 33 then anyone else in my lifetime. Walk a few blocks in his shoes with scumbags hitting him up left and right the whole way.

yermom
12/2/2009, 11:09 AM
much more important people than Tiger Woods have diddled around on their wives

C&CDean
12/2/2009, 11:10 AM
Chinegro?

Thaigger?

stoops the eternal pimp
12/2/2009, 11:12 AM
This is why

http://www.most-wanted-western-movies.com/image-files/blazing-saddles-6.jpg

didnt marry

http://21.media.tumblr.com/rk6b4IEFoqy0gregwjICvNsbo1_500.jpg

Pricetag
12/2/2009, 11:17 AM
I agree that his family life is no ones business but unfortunately thats the life he lives and he should have just came out initially, cleared it up, and been done with it. now that it seems like he has been lying it only comes off worse
Yep, the dude has made a tremendous living off great publicity, and the second some bad comes his way, he's indignant about the intrusion of the media. Please.

yermom
12/2/2009, 11:18 AM
Thaigger?

apparently the proper word is "Cablinasian"

:D

stoops the eternal pimp
12/2/2009, 11:19 AM
He is one of the few athletes the media has protected over the years IMO...Now that they are treating him like other athletes, he isn't sure what to do with it.

olevetonahill
12/2/2009, 11:20 AM
Now that hes Manned up
I say leave him alone

Sooner04
12/2/2009, 11:21 AM
The sports media gave him a complete pass because they feared being shut off. He is THE guy in golf for nearly 15 years, so they had to have a good relationship with him.

US Weekly doesn't give a flip about that stuff, and that's why they've pursued this story so vigorously.

olevetonahill
12/2/2009, 11:21 AM
Thaigger?

apparently the proper word is "Cablinasian"

:D

Yall Just aint thinkin its

CHIGGER :P

SeattleOUstudent
12/2/2009, 11:22 AM
Yep, the dude has made a tremendous living off great publicity, and the second some bad comes his way, he's indignant about the intrusion of the media. Please.

Not fair. He makes his living kicking people's asses on the course. He gets endorsements because of that. You cant lump him into the same category as an actor/actress that needs publicity.

I think its a little redic that people are hunting him down....but yeah, it does come with the territory. No doubt that house is friggin quiet right now. I wish I was a fly on the wall.

NormanPride
12/2/2009, 11:25 AM
He's made his living as a golfer and spokesperson chosen for his golfing skill. Why does that mean that we all get to pry into his private life?

stoops the eternal pimp
12/2/2009, 11:25 AM
The sports media gave him a complete pass because they feared being shut off. He is THE guy in golf for nearly 15 years, so they had to have a good relationship with him.

US Weekly doesn't give a flip about that stuff, and that's why they've pursued this story so vigorously.

This

Partial Qualifier
12/2/2009, 11:33 AM
Thaigger?

Brilliant!

MrJimBeam
12/2/2009, 11:35 AM
I'll never doubt the National Enquirer again.

Pricetag
12/2/2009, 11:58 AM
Not fair. He makes his living kicking people's asses on the course. He gets endorsements because of that. You cant lump him into the same category as an actor/actress that needs publicity.

I think its a little redic that people are hunting him down....but yeah, it does come with the territory. No doubt that house is friggin quiet right now. I wish I was a fly on the wall.
My problem with it is this--he f'ed up in a great way, did a very bad thing, and everyone knows about it. He doesn't have any standing to be lashing out at anything--it's a tactic to deflect attention elsewhere, something famous people have always used. Just once, I'd like to see one of them not play that card. Next thing you know, he'll be getting treatment for a sex addiction or something.

KC//CRIMSON
12/2/2009, 12:08 PM
http://thesuperficial.com/2009/12/02/1202_tiger_woods_club_00.jpg

Eldrick is still my homeboy....

soonervegas
12/2/2009, 12:29 PM
I 3rd the bad lifestyle choice. Billions of $$$, Frequent Traveling, Young, Unlimited Ho options.......does not scream marriage. This is a trap about 95% of us men and 70% of woman would have fallen into, in the same situation.

It doesn't make it right but I am not gonig to go all Holier Than Thou on him.

yermom
12/2/2009, 12:34 PM
nobody cares that he cheated on his wife. the real story and what is blowing this all up is if his wife beat the crap out of him. we've all heard the "i fell down some stairs" line

ndpruitt03
12/2/2009, 12:45 PM
All we found out about Tiger is that he's actually human

beer4me
12/2/2009, 12:51 PM
According to the radio Nike said that he can now change his name from Tiger to Cheetah ;)

btk108
12/2/2009, 01:10 PM
sheesh, the guy screwed up....it's no one's business but the parties involved...let's move on or start a thread about our own dirty laundry..I'm sure it would be just as interesting.

soonervegas
12/2/2009, 01:39 PM
sheesh, the guy screwed up....it's no one's business but the parties involved...let's move on or start a thread about our own dirty laundry..I'm sure it would MORE interesting.

Fixed.

StoopTroup
12/2/2009, 01:45 PM
This should be about hawt chics with golf clubs.

Bet Doleo would even chime in then. :D

Soonerpsycho
12/2/2009, 02:17 PM
http://soonerpsycho.com/spfarksandpics/tigerbentclub.jpg

C&CDean
12/2/2009, 02:30 PM
Heh. I can't figure out if the putter handle is bent from his head, or just to make room for his enormous penile projection.

Pricetag
12/2/2009, 03:35 PM
Affairs should only be conducted via public phones and face-to-face contact. Caller ID, cell phones, and e-mail have made it much tougher to be sneaky.

VeeJay
12/2/2009, 09:42 PM
When I lived in Florida, a guy I worked with played golf with a Dolphins player. Said the guy had five cell phones.

Collier11
12/3/2009, 12:31 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=4707629

This is the best quote. Should be fun next time they meet out on the golf course.

"I would be especially sad about it since I'm kind of -- I really feel sorry for Elin -- since me and my wife were at fault for hooking her up with him," Parnevik said. "We probably thought he was a better guy than he is. I would probably need to apologize to her and hope she uses a driver next time instead of the 3-iron." :D

Pricetag
12/3/2009, 01:19 AM
When I lived in Florida, a guy I worked with played golf with a Dolphins player. Said the guy had five cell phones.
That's just too much trouble. No poon is worth that hassle.