PDA

View Full Version : The Last Starfighter....

royalfan5
12/1/2009, 09:32 PM
I'm watching this for the first time in at least a decade. I had really forgotten how ****ing awesome this movie is. I suppose it is just a matter of time until Hollywood remakes it and ****s it up.

SunnySooner
12/1/2009, 09:42 PM
OMG, I loved this movie so much!!!!! I need to see it again, it's been forever. It's the awesome. Just awesome.

btk108
12/1/2009, 09:45 PM
his g/f was hawt!

adoniijahsooner
12/2/2009, 12:27 AM
Man havent seen that in forever; but I do have Flash Gordon and excaliber.

bri
12/2/2009, 02:13 AM
The Last Starfighter is probably one of my all-time favorites. I quote it at least once a week; usually something to do with Death Blossom.

Pricetag
12/2/2009, 11:29 AM
Is dead! The last starfighter is dead!

Holy crap, I just read that the guy who played Grig also played The Old Man in Robocop.

Oh yeah, the actor who played Xur has a movie called Starfighter in production for a 2010 release.

OUmillenium
12/2/2009, 02:00 PM
Read the Last Starfighter for a book report before I saw the movie back in the day. I just watched it again a few months back. Good stuff.

Flash Gordon is one of my alltime favs. Was absolutely sick over the late 70s Saturday morning cartoon (that I now have on DVD) and then the movie came out!!!!! Loved it. Pretty cheezy in some respects now. The physics of the Hawkman flying (floating) around is not solid.

We need some sort of Buck Rogers remake.

GottaHavePride
12/2/2009, 08:12 PM
The Last Starfighter was a better movie than Star Wars, but wasn't as popular. Discuss.

;)

soonerboomer93
12/2/2009, 08:24 PM
his g/f was hawt!

+1

soonerboomer93
12/2/2009, 08:25 PM
The Last Starfighter was a better movie than Star Wars, but wasn't as popular. Discuss.

;)

You should be drawn and quartered for such heresy

GottaHavePride
12/2/2009, 11:01 PM
Last Starfighter got lost in the shuffle the year it came out. Want to know why? Here's the top-grossing movies of 1984:

Ghostbusters
Beverly Hills Cop
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Gremlins
The Karate Kid
Police Academy
Footloose
Romancing the Stone
Purple Rain
Star Trek III: The Search for Spock

And best picture at the Oscars for 84? Amadeus.

Side note: When was the last time that many movies of that kind of classic status came out in one year? I don't freakin' know.

Pricetag
12/2/2009, 11:41 PM
Last Starfighter got lost in the shuffle the year it came out.
Kind of like Krull. It came out the same summer as Return of the Jedi.

I always hoped that once affordable technology caught up with the graphics of the game in the movie, that they'd make a game version like the one Alex Rogan played at Starlight, Star Bright.

btk108
12/3/2009, 11:26 AM
RUN!...I hear the Nerd Police coming! :D

sooneron
12/3/2009, 11:54 AM
The original director is making the new one. It's been in pre-production/production forevah.

Catherine Mary Stewart came into a casting session of mine once and was really cool. We talked for a minute about how she is in some of my fave movies from the day. Nice chick and she had held up pretty damn well.

StoopTroup
12/3/2009, 12:05 PM
Last Starfighter got lost in the shuffle the year it came out. Want to know why? Here's the top-grossing movies of 1984:

Ghostbusters
Beverly Hills Cop
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Gremlins
The Karate Kid
Police Academy
Footloose
Romancing the Stone
Purple Rain
Star Trek III: The Search for Spock

And best picture at the Oscars for 84? Amadeus.

Side note: When was the last time that many movies of that kind of classic status came out in one year? I don't freakin' know.

That was a tough crowd....but it's still a great movie.

soonerloyal
12/3/2009, 06:54 PM
Monster Squad was pretty good, too...

"Wolfman's got NARDS!" :P

GottaHavePride
12/3/2009, 07:02 PM
Speaking of, Ghostbusters is on AMC right effing now. Hell yes.

soonerloyal
12/3/2009, 08:14 PM
Followed by a holiday classic in its own right, containing one of my favorite rants of all time:

"Hey. If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, fore-fleshing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, d*ckless, hopeless, heartless, fat-***, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey sh** he is. Hallelujah. Holy sh**. Where's the Tylenol?"

Classic, I tells ya.