PDA

View Full Version : Can the Huskers win?

Funky G
12/1/2009, 02:01 PM
Defense is good enough. Offense will have to play the game of the year. I don't think Neb gets it done. Also, will be tough to get a call in Dallas (road game for Neb). I predict 2 Roughing the QB, 4 Holding, minimum, against Neb. All at crucial times in the game. Texas will get a few penalties late to even up the stat sheet. Sound familiar?

StoopTroup
12/1/2009, 02:03 PM
Depends on which Husker Team shows up.

I was hoping for that Iowa State Husker Team when we went there.

mack is pretty lucky...

Lets hope it's run out.

GO HUSKERS!

OUDoc
12/1/2009, 02:05 PM
Texas isn't unbeatable but Nebraska's offense is beyond bad.

beer4me
12/1/2009, 02:24 PM
GO HUSKERS

But I don't see that offense scoring much if any against fexus.

But we can hope for a very sloppy game from fexus with turn overs.

Hoping fer a bit of swine flu for them wouldn't hurt either ;) :D

badger
12/1/2009, 02:31 PM
Texas was supposed to beat Colorado in 2001 and go to the Rose Bowl to face Miami.

SUPPOSED to :D

Blues1
12/1/2009, 02:43 PM
I say "Yes" and I say they Will.....!!!

Why ...? ~~ It's just too Perfect for a Years end 2009 Season Laugh ~~~ :)

Colt goes down in First Quarter - and it's All Cornhuskers for 3 quarters....

Nebraska 24 --- Horns -- 13

Send spek my way this Saturday Night ~~~~ :)

Lord Willing - I will be Rockin'

beer4me
12/1/2009, 02:47 PM
I say "Yes" and I say they Will.....!!!

Why ...? ~~ It's just too Perfect for a Years end 2009 Season Laugh ~~~ :)

Colt goes down in First Quarter - and it's All Cornhuskers for 3 quarters....

Nebraska 24 --- Horns -- 13

Send spek my way this Saturday Night ~~~~ :)

Lord Willing - I will be Rockin'

This happens I will spek you till I pass out :D

badger
12/1/2009, 03:00 PM
Everyone sing along as tone deaf as possible!

:les: Hail to the team!
The stadium rings as everyone sings [hairGel]
:eddie:The Scarlet and Cream
Cheers for a victory echo our loyalty :mack:
:stunned:So on mighty men!
The eyes of the land upon every hand :rcmad:
:dean:Are looking at you
Fight on to victory :kelvin:
:bsmf: Hail to the men of Nebraska U!

(go big red! dadadada go big red! dadadada go big red!)

CaliBornSoonerBred
12/1/2009, 06:38 PM
Didn't see it posted yet but saxet is a 14 point favorite and Florida is a 6 point favorite. Kinda shocked to see Florida this high of a fav.......

VA Sooner
12/1/2009, 06:50 PM
Neb will have Burkhead back and in good health again. Aggies showed some run defensive woes in Texas, but I'm sure Muschamp is busy addressing this as we speak.

Huskers will have to have the game of their lives (season) to pull the upset. The offense is just too spotty. Defense will be good enough to keep them from running away... unless they're on the field for 55 minutes.

I Am Right
12/1/2009, 07:02 PM
yes they can. Don't think they will but they can win!

kevpks
12/1/2009, 07:23 PM
There is a history of upsets in the Big XII championship. We fell victim to it once (2003) and Texas, Nebraska, and K-State have all lost to lesser teams in the title game. Texas is not as dominant as they were in 2005, so an upset is certainly possible.

swardboy
12/1/2009, 07:47 PM
Coltie, meet King Kong.....

unbiasedtruth
12/1/2009, 08:13 PM
yes they can and will (hoping)

King Barry's Back
12/1/2009, 08:20 PM
Anything's possible, but it's going to be hard for a Nebraska's really anemic offense to point any points on the board.

If Colt has an off night, throws a couple of pick sixes, yeah, that's the Huskers best hope.

If Colt goes down, all bets are off, but after our experience this year, I really just don't want to see QBs getting knocked out of games.

sooner ngintunr
12/1/2009, 08:25 PM
I think it falls on *. I don't think NU needs a game of a lifetime. They need * to lay an egg and not play 4 quarters of football. I'll take NU +14 for sure.

NU wins the TO battle and they win the game.

9-7 Huskers.

delhalew
12/1/2009, 09:19 PM
You bet your sweet @ss they can.

royalfan5
12/1/2009, 09:27 PM
Personally, I think this thread should be titled Can the Horns win? Because I don't see how they can pull it off. Zac Lee and the rest of the offense have been sandbagging all year for this.

Octavian
12/1/2009, 09:55 PM
very unlikely

other than '01 osu debacle....that's the worst conference team we've lost to in a dozen years

most are good fans and I wish 'em well....Ill be cheering for them....but from what we've seen --the OU game included --they're a long ways from good

prrriiide
12/1/2009, 11:07 PM
I will repeat my prediction:

The Children of the Corn will beat fexas. Bama will eek out a win vs. the Gayturds using a smothering defense. TCU will end up beating Bama for the BCS Championship. Cincy and Boise will also be undefeated. The BCS will implode. Televised congressional hearings will follow. Legislation will be passed because congress has nothing better to do than consider the ramifications of A GAME. Playoffs will be implemented.

silverwheels
12/1/2009, 11:14 PM
Texas will struggle at first but they'll have the game in hand by the start of the 4th quarter. Nebraska just doesn't have the offense to get it done. It will take maybe a defensive score (or two) and a terrible game by Texas' defense.

SGT Park3R
12/2/2009, 12:05 AM
My hopes:
Neb's O musters 14 pts and their D scores 7.

21-17 Neb's win.

westcoast_sooner
12/2/2009, 12:45 AM
The Husker Defense is likely the ONLY defense from the North that can shut down Texas. Their front seven is really good, and they will need to shut down Shipley - basically no one has done that.

But Nebraska's offense is not good and the Texas D is very good.

IMO, the only way Nebraska wins is if they get a couple of turnovers that are either pick-6's or give their offense a very short field.

I think it's going to be a defensive battle. If Colt and/or Shipley make plays - it's over.

Octavian
12/2/2009, 02:50 AM
...they will need to shut down Shipley - basically no one has done that.

OU did that. OU shut down Colt too.

But that's not really the issue...the issue is Nebraska is a very average football team across the board.

they've received a lot of fanfare because they have an awesome anchor in the middle and they held a one-legged OU offense to zilch in Lincoln.

Nebraska is much like they've been for awhile....a mediocre football team --to be kind-- and an OU vs. Nebraska game in Norman would have looked more like the A&M or OSU games than the one we saw in Lincoln. We were just awfully bad on the road this year with the replacements we had. Simple as that.

Love to see Nebraska win -- love to eat crow -- but this hasn't been a good team at any point this year.....again, that's the worst conference team we've lost to in 11 years of the Stoops era besides the '01 OSU squad

Octavian
12/2/2009, 02:55 AM
ugh.

forgot about '07 Colorado (I tried my best....)

it'd be a close and ugly game between them and '09 Nebraska

12/2/2009, 03:06 AM
I'd love to see Korn beat the Horn, but it isn't likely.

I'm predicting another Tebow lovefest, then then thankfully, we won't hear his name again on Saturdays.

prrriiide
12/2/2009, 06:08 AM
I'd love to see Korn beat the Horn, but it isn't likely.

I'm predicting another Tebow lovefest, then then thankfully, we won't hear his name again on Saturdays.

Prolly won't hear it on Sundays, either...

Sooner in Tampa
12/2/2009, 06:18 AM
NO

freakhorn
12/2/2009, 10:19 AM
Personally, I think this thread should be titled Can the Horns win? Because I don't see how they can pull it off. Zac Lee and the rest of the offense have been sandbagging all year for this.

i want some of whatever you are smoking. get ready for Texas to win another championship. this game will not be close. its going to be hard for sooners to swallow watching UT win another one huh?

beer4me
12/2/2009, 10:32 AM
its going to be hard for sooners to swallow watching UT win another one huh?

Uh yea OU 6

fexus 2

Rigggggggght

sooner518
12/2/2009, 10:37 AM
i want some of whatever you are smoking. get ready for Texas to win another championship. this game will not be close. its going to be hard for sooners to swallow watching UT win another one huh?

are you that much of an idiot that you cant recognize obvious sarcasm?

and yes, it will suck if UT finally gets to half as many conference titles as us. and if they win the MNC, we'll be shakin in our boots that you are within 2 national titles of us.

adoniijahsooner
12/2/2009, 10:40 AM
Payback for 96?

NormanPride
12/2/2009, 11:16 AM
The only way corn wins is if Suh eats McCoy early in the contest.

badger
12/2/2009, 11:51 AM
Trying to show my Big Red support here...
http://i50.tinypic.com/2uzr15d.jpg
I still can't believe we lost to this bozo :(

Sooner-In-The-Swamp
12/2/2009, 12:40 PM
I would love for Nebraska to win except for 2 reasons. First, Florida will probably win the SECCG and if Neb ended up playing against them, I don't think they would win. I really don't want to see UF win ANOTHER NC (especially since I have to work with a lot of the fans that think football began in the 90s). Second, I think it would put Teblow that much closer to winning the Heisman if TX loses to Neb.

It really sucks living in Jacksonville; Home of "The Tebow." :rolleyes:

sooner ngintunr
12/2/2009, 12:54 PM
I would love for Nebraska to win except for 2 reasons. First, Florida will probably win the SECCG and if Neb ended up playing against them, I don't think they would win. I really don't want to see UF win ANOTHER NC (especially since I have to work with a lot of the fans that think football began in the 90s). Second, I think it would put Teblow that much closer to winning the Heisman if TX loses to Neb.

It really sucks living in Jacksonville; Home of "The Tebow." :rolleyes:

Nebbish has no chance to play UF for the MNC, or for any other Bowl game win.

badger
12/2/2009, 01:18 PM
I would love for Nebraska to win except for 2 reasons. First, Florida will probably win the SECCG and if Neb ended up playing against them, I don't think they would win. I really don't want to see UF win ANOTHER NC (especially since I have to work with a lot of the fans that think football began in the 90s).

Um... derp?

Nebbish has no chance to play UF for the MNC, or for any other Bowl game win.
what he said.

OUDoc
12/2/2009, 01:55 PM
Texas won't beat either SEC team either.

bonkuba
12/2/2009, 02:04 PM
It really sucks living in Jacksonville; Home of "The Stupid ****." :rolleyes:

Fixed :D

badger
12/2/2009, 02:30 PM
I am posting this post in ALL RED LETTERS to signify my desire for Nebraska to win.

N (is for nowledge)

silverwheels
12/2/2009, 03:40 PM

You should change your name to "tardhorn".

sooneron
12/2/2009, 03:42 PM
Jack **** and Jack just left town.

badger
12/2/2009, 03:56 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/id8xoy.jpg

goingoneight
12/2/2009, 04:01 PM
No.

End of story.

No.

Sorry. Mack's not invincible, but his days of mirroring Franchione and Gundy have past. He's also the luckiest coach to catch big breaks at critical moments this year, it seems.

BoulderSooner79
12/2/2009, 04:06 PM
Huskers are just not a complete team. We could have won up there just by being super conservative and trading punts. Broyles would have eventually broken a return and they might not scored at all without the help of our INTs.

goingoneight
12/2/2009, 04:08 PM
Texas can't beat USC either.

Careful now. I don't even want whorn sniffing that game. Knowing mack's luck, that'd be the game when Florida loses Tebow, Spikes, Cunningham and both stud corners to swine flu two days before kickoff.

goingoneight
12/2/2009, 04:09 PM
Huskers are just not a complete team. We could have beaten Texas just by being super conservative and trading punts. Broyles would have eventually broken a return if he was in for Franks and they might not scored at all without the help of our INTs.

*cough!*