PDA

View Full Version : Nothin worse than a thief

OUHOMER
12/1/2009, 10:09 AM
My son just called and said his car is up on blocks.
he has '08 dodge charger, it HAD 20 inch chrome rims and tires. he just bought 1 tire and it cost him $220 for 1 tire.

he is pissed, their neighbor hood is only like 4 blocks, they have a security guard who is suppose to be driving around all night. there is only 2 entrances to the place and you can sit in one spot and see both.

So he is pissed at the world right now.

So if some one is trying to sell you 4 chrome wheels and toyo tires make sure they aint stolen,

insurance, said $500 deductible and they will prorate his tires too,

Cop said they had 5 calls since friday in his area for the same thing.. Beware, if you live off of the Reno/Czech hall rd area between Mustang and Yukon

The boy dont know what hes going to do. he aint got the money to replace everything.

Partial Qualifier
12/1/2009, 10:15 AM
That sucks.

oh and OKC > YuTang.

:D

OUHOMER
12/1/2009, 10:25 AM
That sucks.

oh and OKC > YuTang.

:D

He is actually in OKC, kind of like a tweener:D

StoopTroup
12/1/2009, 10:36 AM
A couple of years ago...I had forgotten to lock the tailgate on my 2004 Lariat. They helped themselves to it. I had to find a used one, have it painted and re-keyed. It still just wasn't the same as the one that came with it. When you have this kind of thing happen...you are insured. Thing is...the insurance companies no longer feel the responsibility to make you whole even if you pay the deductible and if you try to lessen the impact as I did...they have you coming and going.

We are all left to be violated on each end. If you come out in the middle...your one of the lucky ones.

Sorry to hear you got jacked. Sorry bastages.

the_ouskull
12/1/2009, 11:41 AM
I intend no offense here, but, if he can afford $880 on tires and rims and lived in a security-patrolled community, "What he's going to do to get by," isn't that big a concern, is it? He's obviously not hurting for money... unless he's a public school teacher, in which case, I'll help with his defense fund.

the_ouskull

the_ouskull
12/1/2009, 11:42 AM
Oh, and the only thing worse than a thief in gloves and a ski mask are thieves in suits and ties and/or badges, calling themselves "government."

the_ouskull

StoopTroup
12/1/2009, 12:55 PM
Oh, and the only thing worse than a thief in gloves and a ski mask are thieves in suits and ties and/or badges, calling themselves "government."

the_ouskull

What about the thieves that steal your soul?

Petro-Sooner
12/1/2009, 01:09 PM
Thieves indeed suck! Had my ride stolen from work a couple years ago.

OU4LIFE
12/1/2009, 01:23 PM
Nothing worse?

I'm going to go with rapists and child molesters.

but yeah, thieves are bad and stuff.

StoopTroup
12/1/2009, 01:24 PM
Nothing worse?

I've got enough in the tank to hate them all.

Good point.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/1/2009, 01:40 PM
and the Dutch

OUDoc
12/1/2009, 01:46 PM
And carnies.

Wait, that's what I'm afraid of.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/1/2009, 01:47 PM
oh and midgets

beer4me
12/1/2009, 01:49 PM
Barney

StoopTroup
12/1/2009, 01:56 PM
Scary clowns?

OUDoc
12/1/2009, 02:02 PM
Hitler. He was worse.

JohnnyMack
12/1/2009, 02:29 PM
Aggies.

JohnnyMack
12/1/2009, 02:30 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_jwBj1JpSSNk/SUnV14Asb7I/AAAAAAAACa0/PLC5KS-99Ro/s320/20060706_dahmer_2.jpg

stoops the eternal pimp
12/1/2009, 02:31 PM
oh and midgets

Scary clowns?

or midget clowns

stoops the eternal pimp
12/1/2009, 02:32 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_jwBj1JpSSNk/SUnV14Asb7I/AAAAAAAACa0/PLC5KS-99Ro/s320/20060706_dahmer_2.jpg

He took eatin *** to a ho nudda level

JohnnyMack
12/1/2009, 02:35 PM
or midget clowns

http://ganzor.com/images/Humor/scary%20midget%20clown.jpg

stoops the eternal pimp
12/1/2009, 02:37 PM

I was right

okiewaker
12/1/2009, 03:14 PM

Headless ghosts, too >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

SteelClip49
12/1/2009, 03:21 PM
Czech Hall and Reno is an iffy run down area but with a lot of development all around. I live in between Mustang and Yukon and it's great but there always seems to be something about Czech Hall and Reno. Hmmmm.

badger
12/1/2009, 03:42 PM
Whether you can afford to replace it or not, having something stolen from you just leaves you a little bit shaken, to know that some people out there have some nerve, taking things that don't belong to them.

I have a $500 motor scooter taken from me during my last semester in the dorms. I was returning from the library late one night to discover it gone.

Chuck Bao
12/1/2009, 04:22 PM
I had some valuable jewelrery stolen by my flat mate while studying at Baylor. I just blame myself for allowing that to happen and it is a pretty good wake-up call that you really can't trust people. Those of you who are still students and sharing apartments will probably figure that out quicker than I did.

I beat myself up over that loss. But that pales in comparison to my next story. One of my best friends in Bangkok, a very attractive British woman, was staying in a cheap condo unit and she kept getting her things stolen. The thief kept returning and one night she woke up and he was standing over her bed. She chased him out but she never recovered. She felt violated and threatened by the thief. She killed herself because she couldn't deal with her fear. I knew about the repeated thiefs and the last tramatic episode. I didn't know how badly it hurt her psychologically.

I am just saying that we sometimes need to give support when the monetary value of what is stolen isn't the key issue.

OUHOMER
12/1/2009, 11:11 PM
I intend no offense here, but, if he can afford $880 on tires and rims and lived in a security-patrolled community, "What he's going to do to get by," isn't that big a concern, is it? He's obviously not hurting for money... unless he's a public school teacher, in which case, I'll help with his defense fund.

the_ouskull

Actually, its not like hes living in Nichols Hills, he just bought the house a few months ago, and yes he is a little over his head, hes making it but does not have a lot of spare $$$ for this kind of stuff.

OUHOMER
12/1/2009, 11:15 PM
Nothing worse?

Ok, thiefs may not top the list, but today they did for a short while anyway.

but you have a very valid point, politicians as well ;)

yermom
12/1/2009, 11:30 PM
at least they left the car :D

OUHOMER
12/1/2009, 11:44 PM
at least they left the car :D

Heh, he would have been better off if they would have took it and never returned:D

he could have gotten into something more affordable

adoniijahsooner
12/2/2009, 12:24 AM
According to the Good Book adulterers are worse than thieves.

Proverbs 6:30-35
30 Men do not despise a thief,
if he steal to satisfy his soul when he is hungry;

31 but if he be found, he shall restore sevenfold;
he shall give all the substance of his house.

32 But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding:
he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul.

33 A wound and dishonor shall he get;
and his reproach shall not be wiped away.

34 For jealousy is the rage of a man:
therefore he will not spare in the day of vengeance.

35 He will not regard any ransom;
neither will he rest content, though thou givest many gifts.

Okla-homey
12/2/2009, 06:57 AM
My son just called and said his car is up on blocks.
he has '08 dodge charger, it HAD 20 inch chrome rims and tires. he just bought 1 tire and it cost him $220 for 1 tire.

he is pissed, their neighbor hood is only like 4 blocks, they have a security guard who is suppose to be driving around all night. there is only 2 entrances to the place and you can sit in one spot and see both.

So he is pissed at the world right now.

So if some one is trying to sell you 4 chrome wheels and toyo tires make sure they aint stolen,

insurance, said $500 deductible and they will prorate his tires too,

Cop said they had 5 calls since friday in his area for the same thing.. Beware, if you live off of the Reno/Czech hall rd area between Mustang and Yukon

The boy dont know what hes going to do. he aint got the money to replace everything.

What did he do with his stock wheels and tires the car came with?

yermom
12/2/2009, 09:05 AM
hmmm... after rereading that, it sounds like he might have just had the OEM wheels and tires and had only replaced one

that would mean he's out the $220, the $500 and whatever fraction they decide to not give him from mileage on the tires

OUHOMER
12/2/2009, 09:28 AM
What did he do with his stock wheels and tires the car came with?

when he bought it, it was upgraded with some sweet 20 inch chrome wheels and tires. So he never had the stock rims and tires.

OklaPony
12/2/2009, 07:12 PM
If he replaces them with anything good tell him to buy some Gorilla brand locking lugs.

http://www.gorilla-auto.com/