PDA

View Full Version : Bet he gets a Stern Talkin to

olevetonahill
12/1/2009, 08:53 AM
Or Maybe he will have to listen to a 3 hr sermon by St, Tim :D

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091201/ap_on_sp_co_ne/fbc_t25_florida_dunlap_dui;_ylt=Av5J3YjBEevvUXkU72 oUah8LMxIF;_ylu=X3oDMTJyM2NwY3NhBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMD kxMjAxL2ZiY190MjVfZmxvcmlkYV9kdW5sYXBfZHVpBGNwb3MD MgRwb3MDNgRzZWMDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3J5BHNsawNmbG9yaWRhc2 R1bmw-

SoonerMavrick25
12/1/2009, 09:02 AM
He might sit a series.... surely not the ENTIRE first half.

On side note...

C'mon man... what are you thinking???

beer4me
12/1/2009, 09:03 AM
No he will have to sit out a half of the game next season against Miami (OH).

soonerhubs
12/1/2009, 09:25 AM
I've heard he's not needed. Didn't you know it's Timmy who carries that team? ;)

badger
12/1/2009, 09:29 AM
Kudos to Mack for taking this type of thing seriously at UT recently and indefinitely suspending the guy on his team charged with DUI.

Corch Irvin Meyers: The defensive MVP of last year's BCS Championship game? Wellll... I think he's already learned his lesson and won't need any additional disciplining...

:rolleyes:

badger
12/1/2009, 09:29 AM
double post. sorry :(

sooneron
12/1/2009, 09:43 AM
Kudos to Mack for taking this type of thing seriously at UT recently and indefinitely suspending the guy on his team charged with DUI.

Corch Irvin Meyers: The defensive MVP of last year's BCS Championship game? Wellll... I think he's already learned his lesson and won't need any additional disciplining...

I guess Ut's guy didn't hit anything like an apartment building...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Meyer won't do anything about this. trust me.

OUDoc
12/1/2009, 09:58 AM
He'll have to write "I will not drink and drive" 25 times and have a vigorously-worded letter placed in his file (with a sad face in the top right corner).

SoonerLB
12/1/2009, 10:27 AM
There's a Timmy tongue-lashing coming, and he totally will not be talkin' trash! .................Oh,..........and god bless.

delhalew
12/1/2009, 10:35 AM
He will sit the first half with a dunce cap and an appletini.

MamaMia
12/1/2009, 10:41 AM

Geeze badg...Can we please refrain from giving Macky public kudos? :confused:

StoopTroup
12/1/2009, 10:44 AM
He will sit the first half with a dunce cap and an appletini.

Mmmmmm....appletini.....:pop:

soonerinabilene
12/1/2009, 11:02 AM
He'll have to write "I will not drink and drive" 25 times and have a vigorously-worded letter placed in his file (with a sad face in the top right corner).

sad face i could deal with. Its those damn check minuses that always got to me.

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2009, 11:07 AM
I say he is forced to sit on the bench every time the offense is on the field for the entire game.

badger
12/1/2009, 11:10 AM
Geeze badg...Can we please refrain from giving Macky public kudos? :confused:

Mama, we gotta give credit where it's due - and Texas in the past was as lax as Florida appears to be.

That said, this is the worst that the guilty gator will receive for this:
http://mokellyreport.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/spanking1.jpg

Urban is probably more angry at the Florida police for doing their job than his player for drinking and driving.

Urbie: How DARE you arrest one of my players without consulting me first, officer??? Now EVERYONE knows!

Besides, Big Mack Attack showed up to support us in our title games and Stoops returned the favor for them, so he's cool, even if he's a whorn.

Scott D
12/1/2009, 11:21 AM
I like what Colin Cowherd said this morning.

He'd probably sit out the first play of the game...even if Florida gets the ball first, just that first play.

He later started mocking the situation saying that he'd be forced to sit out the National Anthem, and the Anthem only.

TMcGee86
12/1/2009, 11:25 AM
"We are aware of the incident and are currently gathering more information," coach Urban Meyer said in a statement released by the school.

--"We should have all the information gathered sometime early Sunday. At that time I will suspend him for a week."

badger
12/1/2009, 11:32 AM
--"We should have all the information gathered sometime early Sunday. At that time I will suspend him for a week."

Hell, this is DUI we're talking about - Urban will suspend him for the whole month and he won't get to play until January!

...after Saturday's game, of course :rolleyes:

beer4me
12/1/2009, 01:31 PM

lol

NorCaligator
12/1/2009, 02:01 PM
He'll probably take himself out for the coin toss.

All joking aside, I'm guessing he's done as a Gator. He was expected to go into the draft after this year anyway. Unbelievable decision making skills.

Piware
12/1/2009, 03:37 PM
"Gathering information" WTF - the guy was passed out cold and drunker than a boiled hoot owl. What else is there to know? :D

starclassic tama
12/1/2009, 03:40 PM
doesn't florida lead the nation in arrests since urban meyer took over? sounds like a pretty classless program over there

NorCaligator
12/1/2009, 06:25 PM
Dunlap suspended for Bama game.

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20091201/ARTICLES/912019878?Title=Dunlap-suspended-for-SEC-title-game

badger
12/1/2009, 06:37 PM
urbie was probably sick of the media calling him on his lack of discipline

VA Sooner
12/1/2009, 06:45 PM
Don't believe the article. Once Urban talks to the family, they'll shed some tears and then he'll lay down the suspension like the iron-fisted leader that he is.

He'll have a half game suspension during the Combine.

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2009, 07:11 PM
Sometimes I think these players want to force the elite coaches to earn that $4M/yr.

the_sooners_abide
12/1/2009, 07:26 PM
isn't having to be around tebow and spikes punishment enough?

Leroy Lizard
12/1/2009, 10:52 PM
The punishment is severe:

Judge Mary Day Coker admonished Dunlap for underage drinking, and said he cannot possess alcohol, illegal drugs or prescription drugs that are not prescribed for him.

That'll teach him!

olevetonahill
12/2/2009, 09:33 AM

That'll teach him!

Oh Noes .
He cant have Drugs Neither ? Thats Cruel and Unusuall aint it ?

adoniijahsooner
12/2/2009, 10:17 AM
isn't having to be around tebow and spikes punishment enough?

Punishment? Did not Thom B. say that spending 5 minutes with Tebow will change your life? I hate to see what this guy would have done if he never met Tim.:eek:

olevetonahill
12/2/2009, 02:24 PM
I think its pretty harsh that he cant have any weed now :eek:

KantoSooner
12/2/2009, 03:08 PM

That'll teach him!

So, Judge Mary Coker basically 'sentenced' him to ..... um.... obey the law. How does this differ from a simple warning? Or what don't I get about Florida jurisprudence?

Scott D
12/2/2009, 03:12 PM
So, Judge Mary Coker basically 'sentenced' him to ..... um.... obey the law. How does this differ from a simple warning? Or what don't I get about Florida jurisprudence?

if the entire matter had been left to Urban Meyer, Dunlap's only punishment would have been to be held out of pregame warm ups.

NorCaligator
12/2/2009, 05:14 PM

It wasn't his sentence, it was just the Judge's admonishment at his initial appearance before being released from custody. He didn't have to post a bond, but if he violates any of her restrictions, he probably goes to jail. He's now in the system, and his case will move forward like any other misdemeanor, probably resulting in some kind of plea arrangement, esp. since this was his first offense.

Leroy Lizard
12/2/2009, 05:29 PM
We sorta knew that. Just having some fun.

If I was coach, he's gone. DUI is one thing, but he was passed out in vehicle that was in the middle of a street. He had to have been drunk out of his mind (literally).

NorCaligator
12/2/2009, 06:31 PM
We sorta knew that. Just having some fun.

If I was coach, he's gone. DUI is one thing, but he was passed out in vehicle that was in the middle of a street. He had to have been drunk out of his mind (literally).

I'm not a good decision maker when I'm drunk, but I agree with you - its a huge one. I don't think Corch should let him play again either. He needs to send a message to all the other players and put this matter behind them. Not only a DUI, but before the biggest game of the season. At UF, Tuesday practices before games are supposed to be extremely intense. Can't imagine going through it drunk or hung over, like he was going to be.

olevetonahill
12/2/2009, 06:53 PM
http://www.searchenginepeople.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/slap-on-wrist.jpg