PDA

View Full Version : College Football Program Tier System

CBUS_SOONER
11/30/2009, 04:01 PM
Since the idiot media thinks the ND is as elite as OU (HAHAHAHAHAHA)... And Stoops would be dumb enough to leave OU for nd... I say we come up with our own College Football Program Tier System. This is based on NOW. Here is Mine...
Tier 1
OU, USC, Florida, Alabama, Texass, LSU

Tier 2
Tosu, Penn St., Miami, Georgia

Tier 3
Va Tech, Michigan, Notre Dame, Nebraska, Oregon, Tennessee

Honorable Mention
Florida St, TCU, Boise St., West Virginia

I'm sure I forgot a few. I will revise later. Thanks

SeattleOUstudent
11/30/2009, 04:12 PM
You gave this post a good 3 minutes, didnt you?

CobraKai
11/30/2009, 04:21 PM
Despite recent success, I have a hard time putting LSU as a tier 1 job. They have had an awesome decade, but that is all. tOSU is definitely a top tier job despite recent bowl struggles.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/30/2009, 04:28 PM
Don't know what you've based your little ranking system there, but it is seriously flawed..

kelloggOUballa
11/30/2009, 04:37 PM
Can't-miss jobs: Oklahoma, Notre Dame (yes, still), Alabama, Texas, Michigan, Ohio State. It's a short list. USC, Florida, Penn State, etc., are great jobs, but I think a guy like Urban Meyer should go to ND. Stoops, Saban, Brown, Rodriguez or Tressel would be crazy to go to ND because it is a lateral move. Muschamp, maybe, but even then it's somewhat lateral being in the position he is.

SbOrOiNaEnR
11/30/2009, 04:37 PM
How on Earth is Michigan a Tier 3 job? Rich Rodriguez may turn out to be the Charlie Weis (or Bob Davie, depending on how you look at it) of the Maize and Blue, but they're not there yet.

Nebraska and Oregon are definitely not on the same level, either.

CBUS_SOONER
11/30/2009, 04:41 PM
Dang! Sorry guys... I actually spent 2 minutes... I said I would revise. I'm getting jumped like when I ask the wife "are you wearing that out tonight?"

Leroy Lizard
11/30/2009, 05:45 PM
I'd rank them based on how much $$$ they are willing to spend.

KingWKB
11/30/2009, 06:26 PM
I know it doesn't really matter, but Tim Griffin of ESPN has OU ranked sixth in the Big 12 this week behind Texas, Nebraska, Ostate, Tech, and MISSOURI? Sometimes I feel like he doesn't care for OU too much.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/category/_/name/power-rankings-113009

EstablishedSooner1967
11/30/2009, 06:30 PM
Top Programs to be a coach at in no order:
OU, TX, USC, ND, Miami, Penn St., Mich., Bama, Neb, Ohio St... thats it! Everyone else is fooling themselves. Maybe Fla St and Fla. because off the last 10+ years but History wise those are the top programs weather if they are up or down i.e. Michigan.

KingWKB
11/30/2009, 06:34 PM
I don't consider Miami being a top place to coach just because they don't have their own stadium. And they have a rep of being thugs.