PDA

View Full Version : Tony Jefferson

NorthernIowaSooner
11/30/2009, 10:14 AM
from espn.com

Tony Jefferson drops UCLA, will choose between USC and Oklahoma
Five-star athlete Tony Jefferson (Chula Vista, Calif./Eastlake) decommitted from UCLA following an official visit to USC and will now decide for either the Trojans or the Oklahoma Sooners, ESPN's Greg Biggins reports.

"The UCLA players really disrespected me before the game," Jefferson said. "When they saw me, they were all cussing at me, telling me to never come around Westwood again and things like that. These were guys that I had hung out with before and it was a lot of the team. I guess I kind of see it since I was committed there and was wearing USC gear before their big game but I still didn't appreciate it."

The nation's No. 1-rated ATH will not take anymore trips. "Oklahoma is coming over Tuesday for a home visit. I'm sure USC will be coming in too but we haven't discussed it yet. Like I said, right now, the two are dead even and I really like both schools a lot. This whole recruiting thing has been crazy and I can't wait for it to end. There has been so many twists and turns but it should be over soon and I'll be glad when it is."

The ESPNU 150 prospect initially committed to Stanford as a junior. Several other programs from across the country including Arizona, Michigan, Florida, Miami-FL, Georgia, Notre Dame, Oregon, Tennessee, Arizona State and Oregon State also offered.

adoniijahsooner
11/30/2009, 10:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odLOnredJtw

Mad Dog Madsen
11/30/2009, 03:00 PM
Well, he's already sporting USC gear and UCLA is already talking trash to him. I don't think we have a chance... :P

BillyBall
11/30/2009, 03:10 PM
Unfortunately, I am fairly certain he's going to be a Trojan. If they would have actively been pursuing him throughout the entire process I am fairly confident he would have already committed to USC.

JRiffe13
11/30/2009, 06:03 PM
I think we may actually land Jefferson, It sounds like his parents are in favor of him committing to Oklahoma. Does anyone know how stills visit to florida was?

Jboozer
11/30/2009, 06:07 PM
If he committed to UCLA maybe he already looked at USC and didn't really like them. that may give us a great chance! Or maybe I just get over excited about this stuff.

sooner59
11/30/2009, 06:38 PM
I didn't even know we were recruiting this kid. But if he was originally a UCLA commit, and then backed out after his treatment by the players, it doesn't sound like he is a USC lock. It sounded more like he was only wearing USC gear because he was on an official visit and he didn't even see it as a big deal. For him to say we are dead even sounds pretty good given that it sounds like we are making a late run at him.

jonclarkx
12/3/2009, 04:50 PM
Any updates on how Stoops' visit to the west coast went?

westbrooke
12/3/2009, 05:01 PM
It's a small nugget, but this was posted in a thread on the football forum.

Here's the latest. Still sounding good, after Stoops' visit!

TONY JEFFERSON, S, 6’0, 200, 4.5, CHULA VISTA EASTLAKE, CA

“Oh, it went really well. My parents are telling me how they loved the coaches and how real they are. They connected with us.”

jonclarkx
12/3/2009, 05:32 PM
Saw that - I was hoping to hear a little more.

NorthernIowaSooner
12/8/2009, 02:40 PM
Five-star Tony Jefferson sets decision date
The nation's No. 1-rated athlete prospect Tony Jefferson (Chula Vista, Calif./Eastlake) will announce his college decision Dec. 18th, ESPN affiliate Web site OUInsider.com reports.

Jefferson is expected to choose between USC and Oklahoma.

OU44life
12/9/2009, 11:14 AM
Five-star Tony Jefferson sets decision date
The nation's No. 1-rated athlete prospect Tony Jefferson (Chula Vista, Calif./Eastlake) will announce his college decision Dec. 18th, ESPN affiliate Web site OUInsider.com reports.

Jefferson is expected to choose between USC and Oklahoma.

In addition to NorthernIowaSooner's update

Oklahoma in play for both blue-chippers

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Posted by Greg Biggins

Two of the nation's top players will make their college announcements together later this month. Tony Jefferson (Chula Vista, Calif./Eastlake) and Kenny Stills (La Costa Canyon, Calif.) have set Dec. 18 as the day they'll each make one college very happy.

Jefferson's recruitment has been a roller-coaster ride since his junior season. He committed to Stanford, backed off and gave a silent commitment to USC. He then backed off the Trojans in May and committed shortly after to UCLA.

He decommitted from the Bruins two weeks ago and now says three schools are on his final hit list.

"It's Oklahoma and USC with Michigan hanging in there too," Jefferson said. "Me and Kenny are going to announce at our player of the year presentation and our local TV station will be there to cover it and wanted us to announce so we are.

"Me and Kenny have talked a little about going to the same college but it's not a done deal and I'm not sure if it will happen. I know what I want to do but he's still trying to figure it out on his end."

The Sooners are thought to be the leaders for Jefferson with the Trojans and Wolverines right there as well. For Stills, things look more up in the air.

"I still don't know what I'm doing, I really don't," Stills said. "I have time to figure it out and I should know by the time of my announcement. Right now, it's still all the same schools -- Oklahoma, Florida, Michigan, UCLA, Miami and Cal."

47straight
12/9/2009, 11:51 AM
I hope Jefferson's drama ends with signing day.

NorthernIowaSooner
12/9/2009, 12:45 PM
well itd be nice if they picked the same school since OU and michigan are the only two they share interest in and who really wants to play at michigan? be kind of weird to share a commitment time and not pick the same school although im sure its happened.

soonerguild
12/9/2009, 02:24 PM
In addition to NorthernIowaSooner's update

Oklahoma in play for both blue-chippers

"Me and Kenny have talked a little about going to the same college but it's not a done deal and I'm not sure if it will happen. I know what I want to do but he's still trying to figure it out on his end."

The Sooners are thought to be the leaders for Jefferson with the Trojans and Wolverines right there as well. For Stills, things look more up in the air.

"I still don't know what I'm doing, I really don't," Stills said. "I have time to figure it out and I should know by the time of my announcement. Right now, it's still all the same schools -- Oklahoma, Florida, Michigan, UCLA, Miami and Cal."

Sounds like to me that Jefferson wants to come here and that Stills doesn't know but has been getting recruited to us by Jefferson, but as always in recruiting, who knows.

Chris Patterson
12/10/2009, 01:27 AM
I hope Jefferson's drama ends with signing day.

Tony Jefferson will enroll early to whichever University he chooses so we should know where he will go pretty soon.

RiddlerOK
12/10/2009, 11:48 PM
Tony Jefferson will enroll early to whichever University he chooses so we should know where he will go pretty soon.

Wow, that sounds prophetic! Just saying.......

boomersooner28
12/16/2009, 01:48 PM
Are Jefferson and Stills commiting today?!?!?!?

(Nevermind...found it. Friday apparently)

CU Sooner
12/18/2009, 10:40 AM
When do they announce today?

Mad Dog Madsen
12/18/2009, 10:48 AM
I believe they will both announce sometimes this evening. Not exactly sure what time I just heard it will be sometimes during the evening. I think it's for their local news stations or something. I may be totally wrong though, but that's what I've heard.

Salt City Sooner
12/18/2009, 12:16 PM
They're on a hour long show out there that starts @ 9 PM PST.

BillyBall
12/18/2009, 12:19 PM
I would be shocked if Tony Jefferson isn't wearing an OU hat by the end of the night.

Stills, I'm not at all sure about.

westbrooke
12/18/2009, 12:30 PM
I would be shocked if Tony Jefferson isn't wearing an OU hat by the end of the night.

Stills, I'm not at all sure about.

I find hope in the fact that they chose to announce together. Wouldn't be unheard of to select different schools after that, but I think that looks good for us.

KHS Sooner
12/18/2009, 12:32 PM
Tony Jefferson is a Sooner according to two different pay sites.

Not sure about Stills but I am sure he will follow.

soonerguild
12/18/2009, 01:01 PM
Tony Jefferson is a Sooner according to two different pay sites.

Not sure about Stills but I am sure he will follow.

Not saying I don't believe you, but I'll still be nervous until tonight. It does make me feel better though.

pappy
12/18/2009, 05:24 PM
Aren't both of these guys supposed to be enrolling early to participate in spring ball?

boomersooner28
12/18/2009, 10:17 PM
:pop:

Spanish Sooner
12/19/2009, 12:25 AM
Any news? its 9:25 over there

Rhino
12/19/2009, 12:33 AM
Jefferson to OU. Waiting on Stills to announce.

perculator
12/19/2009, 12:34 AM
jefferson just made it official.....oklahoma.

Widescreen
Jefferson just committed to OU on TV in San Diego.

http://twitter.com/kusippr

Rhino
Jefferson to OU. Waiting on Stills to announce.

perculator
12/19/2009, 12:35 AM

perculator
12/19/2009, 12:35 AM

perculator
12/19/2009, 12:36 AM

perculator
12/19/2009, 12:38 AM

snuballer7
12/19/2009, 12:38 AM
ouinsider.com has the following heading under "latest news"

Sooners Land Two Top California Prospects

Denton_Sooner
12/19/2009, 12:44 AM
Stills to Oklahoma!

soonerguild
12/19/2009, 01:04 PM
HUGE HUGE HUGE, stills might be the fastest guy on the team day 1.

IronHorseSooner
12/22/2009, 11:09 AM
HUGE HUGE HUGE, stills might be the fastest guy on the team day 1.

It should be between him and Haynes. I have seen both listed in the sub 4.4 range. We also have a bunch of guys hovered around the 4.4 to 4.45 area.

Curly Bill
12/22/2009, 01:13 PM
Trey Franks.

SoonerNate
12/23/2009, 06:00 PM
Jefferson = Roy Williams part II?

Guy can hit

MojoRisen
12/30/2009, 05:48 PM
These were huge pick ups! Could be best class I have seen since pay sites came out!

MojoRisen
1/20/2010, 12:11 PM
Stills and Jefferson on Campus in classes! Looks like Stills thinks he can add about 15 pounds eating 3 squares a day and working out! Could be able to crack starting line up as a True Frosh! If he can keep his 4.4 flat speed and gain 15 pounds I doubt we can keep that dude off the field.

vrortiz405
1/20/2010, 06:34 PM
Stills and Jefferson on Campus in classes! Looks like Stills thinks he can add about 15 pounds eating 3 squares a day and working out! Could be able to crack starting line up as a True Frosh! If he can keep his 4.4 flat speed and gain 15 pounds I doubt we can keep that dude off the field.

So they didn't have trouble qualifying to get in?

gaylordfan1
1/20/2010, 08:54 PM
So they didn't have trouble qualifying to get in?

I was curious also, sounds like good news to me. If they didn't attend class I think we would have already heard. This board has plenty of behind the scene spies that would have already confirmed their absence.

rawlingsHOH
2/3/2010, 10:24 AM

Jefferson in class. Not sure if Stills got clearance.

Rhino
2/3/2010, 10:26 AM
Stills still hasn't been cleared by the NCAA yet. He's auditing classes right now and will be on track whenever he is cleared.