PDA

View Full Version : Longhorn suspended

Leroy Lizard
11/30/2009, 12:50 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4699003

PEARLAND, Texas -- Texas freshman defensive back Marcus Davis has been suspended from the team indefinitely after he was charged with suspicion of driving while intoxicated and possession of a controlled substance.

Davis was arrested early Saturday. Police received a call at 6:48 a.m. reporting a possible drunken driver behind a blue SUV riding on the rim of at least one blown tire, Pearland police Lt. Onesimo Lopez said Sunday.

Officers arrested the 18-year-old Davis, from League City, after an investigation. His bond was set at $1,500 for the DWI charge and $2,000 for the drug charge. He was released from jail after posting bond.

"We are very disappointed to hear about the recent allegations against Marcus Davis," Texas coach Mack Brown said in a statement. "He will not be involved in team activities in any way at this time, including participating in either the Big 12 championship or our bowl game, pending the completion of the legal process."

A person who answered the telephone Sunday evening at a number listed for Davis said he wasn't available.

Pearland is about 15 miles south of Houston.

Crucifax Autumn
11/30/2009, 12:55 AM
When did they start suspending guys for that kinda thing?

westcoast_sooner
11/30/2009, 01:00 AM
Well, you know he'll be "suspended" for half of a practice in the spring, then be reinstated.

Leroy Lizard
11/30/2009, 01:01 AM
Well, how big a factor was he in UT's playbook?

olevetonahill
11/30/2009, 01:01 AM
I hope the Kid gets his **** together,

goingoneight
11/30/2009, 01:06 AM
Meanwhile, Kindle's played every game this year.

IOW... this kinda thing makes the news to show what a big, bad, stern, no-excuses-kinda disciplinarian :mack: is.

Leroy Lizard
11/30/2009, 01:10 AM
I hope the Kid gets his **** together,

I don't care one way or the other.

delhalew
11/30/2009, 01:22 AM
should have been textin' and drinkin'...err...drivin' and....whatever.

olevetonahill
11/30/2009, 01:30 AM
I don't care one way or the other.

I Hate to see any young kid screw up his life .
Hell he already has strikes against him by being a :texan:

Leroy Lizard
11/30/2009, 04:28 AM
I Hate to see any young kid screw up his life .

Well, I don't LIKE to see a young kid screw up his life, but at this point he has had more fun than most kids his age, so whatever.

Jacie
11/30/2009, 07:18 AM
He hasn't screwed up his life, he's just been . . . suspended.

AlbqSooner
11/30/2009, 07:27 AM
He hasn't screwed up his life, he's just been . . . suspended.

Lots of job applications ask about DUI arrests and convictions as well as felonies.

We have almost all done it, but getting caught is a bad deal.

If this kid is important to the whorn defense, "the completion of the legal process" will occur around Wednesday of this week.

olevetonahill
11/30/2009, 07:33 AM
Hell Bill
the Fact that he was Charged tells ya how Important he is .

Now If he could have turned into a Great player and went Pro
Ya hes screwed his Life up Ala Bomar

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/30/2009, 08:38 AM
This occured a mile from where I live. You guys are welcome for helping him blow out that tire! ;)

Jello Biafra
11/30/2009, 10:27 AM
:mack:
Hell Bill
the Fact that he was Charged tells ya how Important he is .

Now If he could have turned into a Great player and went Pro
Ya hes screwed his Life up Ala Bomar

agreed vet. if he would have been a starter....pfft. he would have been at home sleeping it off and he would be calling the texas department of transportation the next day to report the damage and apologize.

meanwhile diksMAC would be saying something about "he will be strongly talked to and we will look at his eligibility at the end of the season".

StoopTroup
11/30/2009, 10:48 AM
I can't get this pic out of my head.

http://www.goveg.com/photos/cows/cow22.jpg