PDA

View Full Version : Texas could win and still get left out of the MNC

kevpks
11/29/2009, 09:45 PM
I have a hard time believing this but if it happened it would be the funniest thing...well ever:

http://cfn.scout.com/2/924401.html

2009 BCS Analysis

...Can Cincinnati or TCU get up into the top two? If would take a Texas loss to Nebraska to start the discussion, but there's a chance that it might not be enough. If the Longhorns lose, Florida's computer and human scores are so high that the Gators still might play for the national title even if they lose to Alabama. There's a ten-mile wide gap between Florida and TCU, and it might be insurmountable considering the computers aren't going to be too upset with a Gator loss to the No. 2 team. And then there's the more interesting question. Could Florida still play for the national title it loses to Alabama no matter what Texas does?

At the moment, Texas is ranked No. 2 by the humans and aren't likely to be ranked No. 1 no matter how big the win over Nebraska. If Florida beats Alabama, then it's a done deal with the Gators playing the Longhorns in the BCS Championship. But if Alabama wins the SEC Championship game it'll almost certainly go from No. 3 to No. 1 in both human polls, Texas will stay at No. 2, and Florida, assuming it's a close loss to the Tide, would likely fall no further than No. 3. The computers would be the X factor, but the final results might turn out to be very, very, very close. The Gators, with a loss, might still play for the national title if they fall no further than third in the human polls; they might have to be dropped to No. 4 unless the computers give Texas a big boost, and that likely won't happen unless Cincinnati loses to Pitt. In other words, this might not be as cut and dry as you think, and if you're a Texas fan, get the Florida pom-poms out just to make sure.

ashley
11/29/2009, 09:48 PM
Never happen, too much money involved. tu travels to well.

John Kochtoston
11/29/2009, 09:56 PM
I'd laugh, for sure. I wonder what the going rate for skywriting time in LA is?

A Sooner in Texas
11/29/2009, 09:58 PM
45-35!!!!!!!!!

I'd laugh my *** off.

Curly Bill
11/29/2009, 10:04 PM
Never happen, too much money involved. tu travels to well.

Where is this "well" that they travel to?

TXBOOMER
11/29/2009, 10:08 PM
BS article. Cin. or TCU would be voted #3 in the human polls. It would be funny but chances of it happening are about as good as me winning the lottery 5 times in a row.

John Kochtoston
11/29/2009, 10:18 PM
BS article. Cin. or TCU would be voted #3 in the human polls. It would be funny but chances of it happening are about as good as me winning the lottery 5 times in a row.

Agreed. The loser of the SEC game will finish No. 4 in both polls, assuming Texas wins. No. 3 behind TCU if Texas loses.

Sasakwa
11/29/2009, 10:32 PM
Dumb.

stoopified
11/29/2009, 10:37 PM
Where is this "hell" that they travel to?Now it makes more sense.

Okie35
11/29/2009, 10:51 PM

Basically

yermom
11/29/2009, 11:39 PM
i could see Florida splitting Cinci and TCU with one loss

not above both, but one of them

i doubt the computers like them enough to help them out much beyond that though

Crucifax Autumn
11/29/2009, 11:43 PM
I'm having a hard time understanding why the computers don't absolutely ahte texass.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/29/2009, 11:46 PM
I can only hope. Hilarity.

yermom
11/29/2009, 11:50 PM
I'm having a hard time understanding why the computers don't absolutely ahte texass.

they haven't lost

Curly Bill
11/29/2009, 11:57 PM
It is amazing what winning all of your games can do for ya.

AzianSooner
11/30/2009, 12:00 AM
If TExass wins and not having a MNC, there will be enough people in the United States of America, who are texted with message from The University of Texass at Austin, to voice up supports for the new disinsected country: the Republic of Texas.

Curly Bill
11/30/2009, 12:05 AM
If TExass wins and not having a MNC, there will be enough people in the United States of America, who are texted with message from The University of Texass at Austin, to voice up supports for the new disinsected country: the Republic of Texas.

Hell, I'd be in favor of leaving the union.

Texas gets no shot at the NC and we (those of us that live in Texas) get to leave the union? That's what we call a win-win situation!

SGT Park3R
11/30/2009, 12:17 AM
Well considering TX politicians lobbied against the BCS system last year once they found out OU would be going to the Cgame and not TexASS. I seriously doubt this will happen. Too many political/finance factors.

Although it would be one helluva funny show.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/30/2009, 01:07 AM
better chance of nebraska winning than the above scenario.

Crucifax Autumn
11/30/2009, 01:10 AM
they haven't lost

But their strength of schedule sucks.

BoulderSooner79
11/30/2009, 10:49 AM

Yep. OSU is currently the only ranked team they have played and obviously not the best team. OU and TT are the best showings for the horns and both unranked.

TXHornsFan
11/30/2009, 12:13 PM

Less than you want to think. In every computer ranking that shows SOS, Tx. is behind only Ala. and Fla. among the 6 undefeated teams. Ala. has hardest SOS in 3 of the 4 computers, with an average SOS rank of 28. Fla. has an average SOS rank of 32, and Tx. an average SOS rank of 46. Cin. is next with an average rank of 65, followed by TCU at 76 and Boise at 87.

Fla., Ala., and Tx. will each improve SOS with Conf. championship games.

kevpks
11/30/2009, 12:41 PM
Fla., Ala., and Tx. will each improve SOS with Conf. championship games.

The SOS boost from Nebraska is not in the same league as what the SEC teams will get. We in the Big XII South are stricken with a pathetic excuse for a division opponent. The fact that K-State's two possibilities heading into their game with Nebraska were to win the North or fail to be bowl eligible tells you all you need to know about the North.

StoopTroup
11/30/2009, 12:48 PM
OU beating aggie probably put +exas out of it whether or not they beat Nebraska.

Guess they better gas up the planes again!

Also...this should probably be...

this year. :D

Sooner98
11/30/2009, 02:13 PM
This obviously won't happen, but if it did, the hilarity that would ensue from south of the Red, would make last year's ****storm pale in comparison.