PDA

View Full Version : Cowpuke Playback Show

okienole3
11/29/2009, 07:59 PM
One of the funniest things I have ever seen. Their "Second Half Highlights" included the ball that they tipped on almost intercepted, a screen pass by them that gained 5-6 yards, 4 running plays (us on offense, them on defense) that were shut down for minimal gains or losses, a kickoff return by Cox for 23 yards, and the Calhoun fumble that was subsequently refumbled.

delhalew
11/29/2009, 08:03 PM
Allsome

westcoast_sooner
11/29/2009, 08:19 PM
Wondering what the coaching staff said about those "highlights".

Host (since I don't know who does this show..): Great play there Mike, how about that?

Gundy: Yeah - we really lit it up there. Good play by our guys.

Host: And how about that fumble recovery late?

Gundy: Really happy with the effort - up until he gave it back, dadgummit. He's not much of a man - he's only 23.

Host: Mike that's been overplayed you know.

Gundy: Just wish I could beat those guys once, just ONCE, darnit.

Host: well, that about wraps it up for the Mike Gundy OSU replay show for 2009. Join us for the replay after the Tidy Bowl game where Mike will have more.

picasso
11/29/2009, 09:45 PM
That punter has got to be icing his leg right now.

SoonerPr8r
11/29/2009, 10:04 PM
The full game is being replayed right now on FSN if anyone is interested

tulsaoilerfan
11/29/2009, 10:07 PM
That is one highlight show that should only take about 1 minute tops

85sooners
11/29/2009, 10:11 PM
:D

Dio
11/30/2009, 12:12 AM
This guy in my section was listening to the osu broadcast at the game- he said their call on the Broyles return for the TD went like this:

"NICE PUNT!"...

...followed by dead silence

SGT Park3R
11/30/2009, 12:21 AM
This guy in my section was listening to the osu broadcast at the game- he said their call on the Broyles return for the TD went like this:

"NICE PUNT!"...

:D :D :D

MamaMia
11/30/2009, 01:17 AM
I believe the game will be replayed tomorrow at 1:00 pm-ish as well.

Piware
11/30/2009, 03:05 AM
I have already watched it from the DVR. Interesting little nuances you pick up when you watch a game again:
[LIST]
Poke #68 kept trying to fight with Travis lewis
Perrish Cox is a jerk -if he couldn't defend he pushed our receiver in the back. He spend more time trying to officiate the game than playing.
Their new DC apparently teaches them to lead with the headgear
They use "injuries" to get timeouts. Both Booker, who is also a thug, and Lavine rolled around on the ground but were back in the game later.
Hunter was gasping and blowing after every carry - not in shape perhaps?
Pom girls are cute but don't yell GO STATE when your team doesn't have the ball.
Gumby didn't retreat to the equipment trunk one time so his pants were still nicely creased.
Classy response from OUr fans when one of their injured players was hauled off the field.
Fox Post game interview - Gumby looked like a deer caught in the headlights.

DarrellZero
11/30/2009, 03:15 AM
Fox Post game interview - Gumby looked like a deer caught in the headlights.

I really doubt Gundy will ever beat us. I think he's out of his depth as a head coach.

Jacie
11/30/2009, 07:22 AM
I really doubt Gundy will ever beat us. I think he's out of his depth as a head coach.

If your criteria is how they look after playing the Sooners then a lot of coaches make that list.

stoopified
11/30/2009, 09:35 AM
In all fairness Gundy is adecent coach at a no-win school.What I have never understood is why Poke fans and many media think he can do any better than Jim Stanley,Johnson,Jones,Simmons,Miles.What has he done?He hasn't beaten OU or UT,but Les did.He has taken them to 4 straight bowls BUt 2 of those teams qualified with 6-6 records.

tulsaoilerfan
11/30/2009, 10:08 AM

"NICE PUNT!"...

I bet Blobbert Allen choked on his 12th hot dog at that point :D

tulsaoilerfan
11/30/2009, 10:11 AM
In all fairness Gundy is adecent coach at a no-win school.What I have never understood is why Poke fans and many media think he can do any better than Jim Stanley,Johnson,Jones,Simmons,Miles.What has he done?He hasn't beaten OU or UT,but Les did.He has taken them to 4 straight bowls BUt 2 of those teams qualified with 6-6 records.

I don't really see how you can fault Gundy for losing to OU and Texas when about 90% of the coaches in the Big 12 have failed to beat either Bob or Mack probably more than 1 time(outside of Leach), if at all; Poke fans need to wake the **** up and realize they have a decent coach that can probably win 8-9 games every year

Partial Qualifier
11/30/2009, 10:53 AM
They use "injuries" to get timeouts. Both Booker, who is also a thug, and Lavine rolled around on the ground but were back in the game later.

I'm convinced OSU does this more than any other football team, ever. Especially when they're behind in the 2nd half, these guys fake injuries more than professional soccer players.

VA Sooner
11/30/2009, 11:39 AM
Wondering what the coaching staff said about those "highlights".

Host (since I don't know who does this show..): Great play there Mike, how about that?

Gundy: Yeah - we really lit it up there. Good play by our guys.

Host: And how about that fumble recovery late?

Gundy: Really happy with the effort - up until he gave it back, dadgummit. He's not much of a man - he's only 23.

Host: Mike that's been overplayed you know.

Gundy: Just wish I could beat those guys once, just ONCE, darnit.

Host: well, that about wraps it up for the Mike Gundy OSU replay show for 2009. Join us for the replay after the Tidy Bowl game where Mike will have more.

Damn funny. :D :D