PDA

View Full Version : Gumby Forever

Piware
11/29/2009, 05:30 PM
Okay, I've read all the newspapers, message boards and watched the post game stuff again and have come to the conclusion that Gumby gave us the game. The Pokes are convinced and, since he is their head coach, who am I to argue.

Unless the fans that want him fired are successful, he wll be at lOSUr forever and not just because no one else would take him. Since, according to the Pokes, he has dropped 7 in a row to the Sooners I think we should declare a campus wide Gumby Appreciation Day. Free hot dogs and hair gel for everyone. I personally hope he is at Boone State until he is as old as Bobby Bowden or Joe Pa.:D :D

Jello Biafra
11/29/2009, 05:34 PM
pffft couldnt care less and also couldn't care less bout the 27 point win. am i happy we pasted those mutton bustin sald growers? yeh...am i happy we are 7-5? hell to tha naw....

let those freaks line up any coach they'd like, we should beat them every year.

westcoast_sooner
11/29/2009, 05:51 PM
Gundy was scary as a competitor - though we beat him. He's a pretty good OC up there. But his decision yesterday was whether to play the guy that brung him to the spot he was in, though injured, or a freshman that was likely to get harrassed and have the game turn into a route. Guess he lost on both counts.

I actually like Zac Robinson - good kid, from all accounts who has made some plays.

As for Gundy's tenure at OSU, IMO, it's going to be difficult for T Boone to oust the guy that he annointed as their future when Miles left. This is on the order of Jerry Jones firing Jimmy Johnson. And while I think the rumblings of Gumby's demise might be a little premature, I'm not sure the guy has what it takes to get it done in Stoolwater. They have a good team, but I'd guess he'll be gone after next season. Just my take.

Judge Smails
11/29/2009, 07:50 PM
Gundy will be there as long as T. Bone wants him to be there.

Don't forget both Holder and Gundy were hand picked by Bone.

delhalew
11/29/2009, 08:06 PM
Nobody has what it takes to do any better at that school.

They can't consistently navigate the big 12...though the better facilities will help.

Jello Biafra
11/29/2009, 08:10 PM
Gundy will be there as long as T. Bone wants him to be there.

Don't forget both Holder and Gundy were hand picked by Bone.

doesn't suprise me... tbooger is the jerry jones of college football. like one poster here says, you have to create a football tradition. you can't buy it. it works for jerry jones because of where the cowboys have been since the beginning. what have the cowboys REALLY done while jones was the owner?

King Barry's Back
11/29/2009, 08:15 PM
Gundy was scary as a competitor - though we beat him. He's a pretty good OC up there. But his decision yesterday was whether to play the guy that brung him to the spot he was in, though injured, or a freshman that was likely to get harrassed and have the game turn into a route. Guess he lost on both counts.

I actually like Zac Robinson - good kid, from all accounts who has made some plays.

As for Gundy's tenure at OSU, IMO, it's going to be difficult for T Boone to oust the guy that he annointed as their future when Miles left. This is on the order of Jerry Jones firing Jimmy Johnson. And while I think the rumblings of Gumby's demise might be a little premature, I'm not sure the guy has what it takes to get it done in Stoolwater. They have a good team, but I'd guess he'll be gone after next season. Just my take.

Interesting post that raises an overlooked issue. The pokes are just finishing up their best season in years, yet you say that you're not sure Gundy "has what it takes to get it done in Stillwater."

Sure, Gundy is not perfect, but I mean, 9 wins and a second place finish in the conference? Isn't that "getting it done" in Stillwater? And if not, what is? Consider if that game were played up north, OSU would likely have won by 27. Or more. They'd have 10 wins and a BCS birth. They may well land in the Cotton Bowl, equalling their best season in history, as it is.

Here's an interesting issue for the cowboy faithful. If you say that Gundy has not gotten it done for you, despite his improving record and 9 wins this year, then you must be saying that you want a head coach that can occassionally win the Big XII Conference.

And if you are saying that, then I think rather than looking at the coach, you've got to look at your program and ask, "Does OSU have what it takes to produce a Big XII contender?"

My best guess is that the answer to that question is "Probably not."

boomermagic
11/30/2009, 09:35 AM
Nobody has what it takes to do any better at that school.

They can't consistently navigate the big 12...though the better facilities will help.

I agree,

I think they are doing about as well as they are going to do period.. They had a GREAT year for them...

StoopTroup
11/30/2009, 10:07 AM
He'll be there until Jenni finds them a real man.