PDA

View Full Version : Tebow

soonersam
11/29/2009, 03:57 PM
Only 2 games left till his irrelevence... Thank God!!!!

What will CBS do in Jan???

josh09
11/29/2009, 04:12 PM
There will probably be a Tebow highlight film prior to one of the next 2 games. Honestly, i wouldnt be surprised.

westbrooke
11/29/2009, 04:43 PM
There will probably be a Tebow highlight film prior to one of the next 2 games. Honestly, i wouldnt be surprised.

No doubt, and I wouldn't be surprised if multiple networks came up with their own reels to play endlessly between now and the final whistle in January. We're not out of the woods yet.

But when we are, Thom Brennaman will mourn that the college football world won't get to spend another 5 minutes with him; our lives would all be better for it.

Curly Bill
11/29/2009, 04:47 PM
I'm ready to see him suited up as an H-back in the league, at least until whatever team that's dumb enough to draft him realize there are peeps better suited to that position than a system QB outta Gaytorland.

soonersam
11/29/2009, 04:54 PM
CBS will put him on Survivor just to keep his mug on TV....

Tune in Thursday and see Tebow walk on water to catch fish for the tribe and directs lighting to start the camp fire!!!

soonersam
11/29/2009, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE=westbrooke;2779825]No doubt, and I wouldn't be surprised if multiple networks came up with their own reels to play endlessly between now and the final whistle in January. We're not out of the woods yet.
QUOTE]

I just got 3 full scripts of Ambien.. Wake me up Jan 8th!!

SoonerObsession
11/29/2009, 04:58 PM
I predict at least one more "inspirational" moment where the Gaytors are down and Timmy has to do his little tirade. You know what I'm talking about...yelling at his teammates, head bobbing like a chicken, and blood on his uniform. I will vomit and I will gouge out my eyes.

aero
11/29/2009, 05:27 PM
I'm not much of a Tebow fan but I probably would be if he was on my team. Regardless of the hype, he's a damn good football player and I'd love to see someone like him in an OU uni. He's a winner and does not appear to take losing well.

Piware
11/29/2009, 05:35 PM
Mushberger will be on suicide watch. Talking about Tebow makes his bobo tingle.

westcoast_sooner
11/29/2009, 05:41 PM
Tebow and Colt will be in NY for the Heisman presentation. UF/Texas in the MNC game - will be an entire month of Horn/Gator ratings build-up. This is as much about TV ratings as it is best player/team.

DenverSooner751
11/29/2009, 07:00 PM
Mushberger will be on suicide watch. Talking about Tebow makes his bobo tingle.

:D

As soon as Teabag is off the stage Mushberger and co can go back to licking SUC's taint

AlbqSooner
11/29/2009, 07:25 PM
What will CBS do in Jan???

Splooge themselves over teabag until the draft.

Sooner Eclipse
11/29/2009, 07:27 PM
All you guys are going to be disappointed to find that after the NFL figures out that he cant play in the league, he'll be replacing Jesse Palmer as the media's resident gaytor qb to grace us every football weekend for the foreseeable future with his wisdom and football exploits.

ashley
11/29/2009, 09:52 PM
He is one of the best players ever.

A Sooner in Texas
11/29/2009, 10:00 PM

And we are all sick to death of hearing about him.

85sooners
11/29/2009, 10:12 PM
He is one of the best players ever.i think i have heard that before

SoonerLB
11/29/2009, 10:28 PM

It is quite evident that you spend entirely too much time watching ESPN, because he couldn't carry the jock straps of the greatest players ever. EVER!

soonerboy
11/29/2009, 10:35 PM
Jack Mildren > Tim Tebow

Okie35
11/29/2009, 10:59 PM
It is quite evident that you spend entirely too much time watching ESPN, because he couldn't carry the jock straps of the greatest players ever. EVER!

+1 :)

KantoSooner
11/30/2009, 09:49 AM
I was attempting, over the weekend's football frenzy, to determine what it is that makes me dislike Tebow so much. He is obviously a gifted athlete, a true 'football player', a spirited competitor, etc. So why do I and so many others find him to be so distasteful?
I think my mom got it right when she passed by the tv room where a number of us lolled in a tryptophane haze. "What a holier than thou *******."

VA Sooner
11/30/2009, 11:56 AM
I thought ESPN was doing a historical expose on His Lordship... "The Tebow Years".

Yes... there will be much mourning over his loss from college football. Halfback is about right though... save him for the occasional half-back pass in the beginning of his career... will need that at a lesser team as the great equalizer in the NFL. Good for trick plays.

soonersam
11/30/2009, 02:27 PM
Why isnt the Media giving Tebow the coverage he deserves??

G8trGr8t
11/30/2009, 05:42 PM

I won't quote all the records he has but in 3 years time he has

Most rushing TD's in the SEC (beat Heschel Walker)

Most TD's in the SEC

Highest passer rating ever in the SEC (better than Peyton Manning)

First to ever rush and throw for 20 plus TD's in a season.

Get the jealousy out of your eyes and realize that he is one of the best college football players ever to wear a uniform. It isn't his fault the press has overhyped him but everybody wants to penalize him for it. If he played for OU, you would already have the statue commissioned and the foundation poured.

kevpks
11/30/2009, 06:14 PM
If he played for OU, you would already have the statue commissioned and the foundation poured.

True, but that is because we put up statues of all out Heisman winners. I don't think you would see any plaques commemorating a weepy press conference though.

SoonerLB
11/30/2009, 06:43 PM

Most TD's in the SEC

Get the jealousy out of your eyes and realize that he is one of the best college football players ever to wear a uniform. It isn't his fault the press has overhyped him but everybody wants to penalize him for it. If he played for OU, you would already have the statue commissioned and the foundation poured.

Yessir, you been watchin' way too much ESPN, 'cause you seem to believe that anything SEC is the best, which it ISN"T! The SEC is as over-rated as is Tebow. Who cares what he did in the SEC? Who cares what he does PERIOD! I'm sick to the top of my head of hearing about the wanker and how good he is. Go away Timmy, just go GO AWAY! May anonymity await!

G8trGr8t
11/30/2009, 10:35 PM
SEC has the last 3 BCS championships and has been national champs 4 out of 10 years and getting ready to make it 5 out of 11.

SEC has a .710 winning percentage in BCS games the last 10 years with UF being 4 -1 in BCS games

Little 12 has a .438 winning percentage the last 10 years of BCS games with OU going an impressive 2 - 5 to help the conference maintain their level of mediocrity.

Facts are a bitch, aren't they. Keep telling yourself that the little 12 and their ole defenses can win championships and we'll keep winning them. Maybe the little 12 and the big 10 can form a tier 2 and have a championship game that one of you can actually win more than once every 10 years.

I guess that ESPN and CBS and the men in the black helicopters rigged all those games. Put yout tinfoil hat back on so none of this sinks in and you can sleep better at night thinking they play real football in the little 12.

Tried being nice, didn't work, so go ahead and flame away. Numbers don't lie and it doesn't matter if you don't like them or not, they tell the story.

ocsooner
11/30/2009, 10:38 PM

I could even name saxeT players who are/were better than him (It's just too hard to figure out how to type their names backwards, and timmy isn't worth the effort). Not to mention entire teams of OU players better than him.

That has to be the worst comment I have seen in a while.

47straight
12/1/2009, 12:31 PM
SEC has the last 3 BCS championships and has been national champs 4 out of 10 years and getting ready to make it 5 out of 11.

SEC has a .710 winning percentage in BCS games the last 10 years with UF being 4 -1 in BCS games

Little 12 has a .438 winning percentage the last 10 years of BCS games with OU going an impressive 2 - 5 to help the conference maintain their level of mediocrity.

Facts are a bitch, aren't they. Keep telling yourself that the little 12 and their ole defenses can win championships and we'll keep winning them. Maybe the little 12 and the big 10 can form a tier 2 and have a championship game that one of you can actually win more than once every 10 years.

I guess that ESPN and CBS and the men in the black helicopters rigged all those games. Put yout tinfoil hat back on so none of this sinks in and you can sleep better at night thinking they play real football in the little 12.

Tried being nice, didn't work, so go ahead and flame away. Numbers don't lie and it doesn't matter if you don't like them or not, they tell the story.

I'm sorry, didn't your last post indicate you were going to bail out on us and not return?

It took you all of 18 minutes to come back!

KantoSooner
12/1/2009, 12:36 PM
Be kind to our gator visitor. He has only a coupla more games to go before.......
Well, before UF's back-to-the-past performance. The drop off after Harvin was pretty harsh. After Tebow? Bu-bye, thanks for playin'.

StoopTroup
12/1/2009, 01:04 PM
I think you all are going to be impressed with Tim's Christmas Special next year. It will be all the rage. He'll be replacing an old legend.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/11/05/article-0-071A6D6C000005DC-142_468x286.jpg

It's the next logical step in his career. :D

westbrooke
12/1/2009, 02:28 PM

I must have missed that part.

Context, good sir, is everything, and its absence can most certainly lead to "bending the truth." Tebow has a lot of rushing touchdowns? No kidding, that's because your running backs have been so awful during his tenure that Florida converts receivers to pick up the slack. Better to hand it to the rhino than the WR-convert at the goal line. And Herschel Walker's stats were amassed in three seasons, not four, didn't include touchdowns for bowl games, and his total yardage is about double Tebow's.

His efficiency rating is better than Peyton Manning's? Please, please, PLEASE, stand here and tell us all that Tebow is a better quarterback than Peyton Manning. We need a good laugh after this season. Most of us have eyes and we've seen plenty of quarterbacks win championships or even Heismans that aren't in the same league as Peyton, numbers be damned.

He threw for 20 passing TDs and rushed for 20 TDs in the same season? The former isn't that impressive and the latter, well, see the point above about Florida's rushing options.

This "numbers don't lie" crap is a joke. Numbers don't say anything; it's the people who present them who tell the story, and you're lying your *** off if you string them together into a "Tebow is the best football player of all time" tale.

Piware
12/1/2009, 03:28 PM

Most TD's in the SEC

Gator, nobody cares but you. Fact is, Sammy beat him out for the Heisman last year and those records will only make it as far as the SEC record books.
We have the statue commissioned for Sam because he belongs in OUr Heisman Park just like the other Heisman winners do.

Have to agree the press overhyped him but he lapped it up and loved every minute of it. OUr Sam is gone and Tebow is on his way out just like other outstanding athletes all over the country.

Deal with it!