PDA

View Full Version : I saw some recruits on the sidelines

MamaMia
11/29/2009, 01:18 PM
Christian Jones from Florida was there. He looked like he was having a great time. He stayed the whole game. Damien Robinson from Mississippi; he may have stayed the whole game however I didn't see him on the sidelines shortly after the half. I thought Blake Bell was suppose to be there but I didn't spot him. Did anyone else?

Were there any others? Thank God it was a beautiful day for football. :)

TXBOOMER
11/29/2009, 02:03 PM
I noticed Tony Casillas and Rufus on the sideline. I'm sorry folks but I really wish Toby Keith and Jim Ross would remove their arses from the sidelines. I'm just tired of their sideline entitlement.

IronHorseSooner
11/29/2009, 02:06 PM
I'm sorry folks but I really wish Toby Keith and Jim Ross would remove their arses from the sidelines. I'm just tired of their sideline entitlement.

There are some who seriously believe that Good Ol' J.R. would get the first shot at replacing BBSR whenever he retires.

OUHOMER
11/29/2009, 02:14 PM
I noticed Tony Casillas and Rufus on the sideline. I'm sorry folks but I really wish Toby Keith and Jim Ross would remove their arses from the sidelines. I'm just tired of their sideline entitlement.

i think there entitlement is bought and paid for. they are just not given free passes

Monster Zero
11/29/2009, 02:45 PM

IMO Toby Keith has every right to go to the game, and to even hang out on the sideline if Coach Stoops or Joe C don't mind.

However, he's the absolute next-to-last person I want to see jumping out in front of the camera in game broadcasts.

delhalew
11/29/2009, 02:47 PM
I asked who was ther in the recruiting forum...no answer.

I was under the impression this was a big week for us as far as visits were concerned.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/29/2009, 03:00 PM
Good week to come.

MamaMia
11/29/2009, 03:18 PM
They lift us up. Not only do they donate bucket loads of money to OU, but they offer their valuable time visiting Children's units in our hospitals right along side other Sooner faithful and various Oklahoma celebs. I believe we can spare a little room on the sideline for them from time to time.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/29/2009, 03:19 PM
get Carrie Underwood on the sidelines. She's better than Erin Andrews for recruits.

the_sooners_abide
11/29/2009, 03:20 PM
Wasn't Darius White on a visit to Norman this weekend?

MamaMia
11/29/2009, 03:23 PM
get Carrie Underwood on the sidelines. She's better than Erin Andrews for recruits.As long as she stays far away from the players and is not scantily clad. They don't need the distraction. ;)

the_sooners_abide
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=6&yr=2010

We had a few recruits this week....

I Am Right
Cody Knowls from Ardmore-Tight End was there

Bruiser53
11/29/2009, 03:25 PM
Blake Bell was spotted partying it up post game into the A.M. so he was in town.

IronHorseSooner
11/29/2009, 03:31 PM
Damien Robinson looks like a big dude! Put him, Vinson, and Alandoye on the same line and they may block out the sun!

TXBOOMER
11/29/2009, 03:32 PM
i think there entitlement is bought and paid for. they are just not given free passes

If every donor were granted sideline privileges there wouldn't be room for the players. Some fans don't mind it, some are oblivious, and some wish their pass would be pulled. I fit in the latter category. I like keeping the sideline passes reserved for celebrities that contributed on the field ie. Roy Williams, Tony Casillas, Jason White, Steve Owens etc.

Jdog
11/29/2009, 03:36 PM
There are some who seriously believe that Good Ol' J.R. would get the first shot at replacing BBSR whenever he retires.

JR and Keith Jackson?

stoopified
11/29/2009, 03:47 PM
get Carrie Underwood on the sidelines. She's better than Erin Andrews for recruits.Great idea,I volunteer my extensive security exoertise to provide her PERSONAL protection.

josh09
11/29/2009, 04:17 PM
Christian Jones from Florida was there. He looked like he was having a great time. He stayed the whole game. Damien Robinson from Mississippi; he may have stayed the whole game however I didn't see him on the sidelines shortly after the half. I thought Blake Bell was suppose to be there but I didn't spot him. Did anyone else?

Were there any others? Thank God it was a beautiful day for football. :)

I went to BJ's with family for dinner last night, and as I was waiting, in walked about 15 young men (recruits), followed immediately by KW, BV, Jackie Shipp, Bobby Jack Wright, Josh Heupel, Cale Gundy, and players incuding Gerald McCoy, Adrian Taylor, and Brandon Caleb. I dont know where Stoopsie was, but it looked like a successful night of recruiting over dinner when they all left. And also, these recruits looked pretty big.

Also, id like to add that Gerald McCoy is an amazing human being. He was walking around taking pictures, having conversations with people including myself, and high-fiving everyone he saw. He's just an all-around great guy.

TXBOOMER
11/29/2009, 04:22 PM
Blake Bell was spotted partying it up post game into the A.M. so he was in town.

Hmmm....Partying into the a.m. is something he does once every 5 years.:D

sooner94
11/29/2009, 05:20 PM
I went to BJ's with family for dinner last night, and as I was waiting, in walked about 15 young men (recruits), followed immediately by KW, BV, Jackie Shipp, Bobby Jack Wright, Josh Heupel, Cale Gundy, and players incuding Gerald McCoy, Adrian Taylor, and Brandon Caleb. I dont know where Stoopsie was, but it looked like a successful night of recruiting over dinner when they all left. And also, these recruits looked pretty big.

Also, id like to add that Gerald McCoy is an amazing human being. He was walking around taking pictures, having conversations with people including myself, and high-fiving everyone he saw. He's just an all-around great guy.

Not surprised to hear that about McCoy. Stoops said in addition to being one of the most complete players he has had at OU, McCoy is the most complete person. That is one heckuva compliment, especially considering some of the great kids Stoops has had in his time at OU.